Jump to content

You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Flexy

Student visa issue

Recommended Posts

Hello everyone

Had scholarship to study in New Zealand, but my medical examination revealed i had Hepatitis b. I consulted an infectious Dr who run further test and the results were good. Don't know whether to attach the later results to. I'm worried if this could cause my visa to be denied. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Flexy said:

Hello everyone

Had scholarship to study in New Zealand, but my medical examination revealed i had Hepatitis b. I consulted an infectious Dr who run further test and the results were good. Don't know whether to attach the later results to. I'm worried if this could cause my visa to be denied. 

I've heard  oth, where people have had Hep B and have been granted and others who have failed. Maybe speak to a migration agent who specialises in medical conditions to make sure.


309/100 lodged 03.02.2017 - Meds/UK Police requested 10.02.17 - AFP requested 04.03.2017 - Health Clearance 05.04.17 - AFP uploaded 26.04.17 - 100 Granted 02.05.2017 - arrived Melbourne 16.06.2017 and now living our dream!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Flexy said:

Thanks Beffer for your input. Appreciate it.

That's okay. George Lombard frequents this forum and he's considered very good. I had a health issue when I applied for my visa and even tho I did my own visa application, the advice he provided to me was invaluable. 


309/100 lodged 03.02.2017 - Meds/UK Police requested 10.02.17 - AFP requested 04.03.2017 - Health Clearance 05.04.17 - AFP uploaded 26.04.17 - 100 Granted 02.05.2017 - arrived Melbourne 16.06.2017 and now living our dream!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Beffers said:

That's okay. George Lombard frequents this forum and he's considered very good. I had a health issue when I applied for my visa and even tho I did my own visa application, the advice he provided to me was invaluable. 

Beffers could be greatful if you can invite George to this chat! I'm really worried about this incidence. I have invested to get this golden opportunity cant afford to miss it. Thanks in advance once again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Flexy said:

Beffers could be greatful if you can invite George to this chat! I'm really worried about this incidence. I have invested to get this golden opportunity cant afford to miss it. Thanks in advance once again.

Probably best you contact him yourself 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Tulip1 said:

Probably best you contact him yourself 

I would contact him directly if I were you. It's more professional for one thing. Also my health issue was nothing as serious as Hep B, but still took me two months to get medical clearance from date of Department requesting it. If there is a serious health issue and if you've invested so much already in the potential move to Australia, then in at in a good agent to make sure you don't face unnecessary hurdles. Good luck. 


309/100 lodged 03.02.2017 - Meds/UK Police requested 10.02.17 - AFP requested 04.03.2017 - Health Clearance 05.04.17 - AFP uploaded 26.04.17 - 100 Granted 02.05.2017 - arrived Melbourne 16.06.2017 and now living our dream!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dear jeff,

I got a mail from dibp today on natural justice. Here is the detail of the letter.
justify the grant of the visa. The following applicant(s) included on your application for Student (subclass 500) must satisfy the PIC 4020 requirement. This means that failure to satisfy PIC 4020 by any one of them may result in each person included in this application being refused the grant of this visa.

your visa application you declared “No” and “Yes) for the questions: ? Has the applicant, or any person included in this application, held or currently hold a visa to Australia or any other country? You answered “Yes” Given details: Nairobi Kenya

? Has the applicant, or any person included in this application, ever been in Australia or any other country and not complied with visa conditions or departed outside their authorised period of stay? You answered “No”

? Has the applicant, or any person included in this application, ever had an application for entry or further stay in Australia or any other country refused, or had a visa cancelled? You answered “No”

? Departmental records indicate that SONAIKE Olubunmi Stephen has had applications for entry for Canada and USA and he has not travelled to this countries.

Please advise when did you apply and what the outcome of the visa applications was.

On the basis of the information above, you have in fact provided false and misleading information regarding your visa history on your current visa application. Your visa application may therefore be considered for refusal on the basis that you do not meet PIC 4020.

You are therefore invited to provide a detailed written comment on any of the above information. In addition, you are requested to provide any information that relates to:

? compelling circumstances that affect the interests of Australia; or

? compassionate or compelling circumstances that affect the interests of an Australian citizen, an Australian permanent resident or an eligible New Zealand citizen .

Timeframe for response You must respond to this invitation to comment within 28days after you are taken to have received this letter. You should provide your response in writing..

I was out of the country when my spouse made the visa application and was not ask if such a situation has occurred before.

What do u advise me 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, damilola1991 said:

Dear jeff,

I got a mail from dibp today on natural justice. Here is the detail of the letter.
justify the grant of the visa. The following applicant(s) included on your application for Student (subclass 500) must satisfy the PIC 4020 requirement. This means that failure to satisfy PIC 4020 by any one of them may result in each person included in this application being refused the grant of this visa.

your visa application you declared “No” and “Yes) for the questions: ? Has the applicant, or any person included in this application, held or currently hold a visa to Australia or any other country? You answered “Yes” Given details: Nairobi Kenya

? Has the applicant, or any person included in this application, ever been in Australia or any other country and not complied with visa conditions or departed outside their authorised period of stay? You answered “No”

? Has the applicant, or any person included in this application, ever had an application for entry or further stay in Australia or any other country refused, or had a visa cancelled? You answered “No”

? Departmental records indicate that SONAIKE Olubunmi Stephen has had applications for entry for Canada and USA and he has not travelled to this countries.

Please advise when did you apply and what the outcome of the visa applications was.

On the basis of the information above, you have in fact provided false and misleading information regarding your visa history on your current visa application. Your visa application may therefore be considered for refusal on the basis that you do not meet PIC 4020.

You are therefore invited to provide a detailed written comment on any of the above information. In addition, you are requested to provide any information that relates to:

? compelling circumstances that affect the interests of Australia; or

? compassionate or compelling circumstances that affect the interests of an Australian citizen, an Australian permanent resident or an eligible New Zealand citizen .

Timeframe for response You must respond to this invitation to comment within 28days after you are taken to have received this letter. You should provide your response in writing..

I was out of the country when my spouse made the visa application and was not ask if such a situation has occurred before.

What do u advise me 

I would say that you need to consult with a migration agent. You need proper advice at this point.


309/100 lodged 03.02.2017 - Meds/UK Police requested 10.02.17 - AFP requested 04.03.2017 - Health Clearance 05.04.17 - AFP uploaded 26.04.17 - 100 Granted 02.05.2017 - arrived Melbourne 16.06.2017 and now living our dream!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, damilola1991 said:

Dear jeff,

I got a mail from dibp today on natural justice. Here is the detail of the letter.
justify the grant of the visa. The following applicant(s) included on your application for Student (subclass 500) must satisfy the PIC 4020 requirement. This means that failure to satisfy PIC 4020 by any one of them may result in each person included in this application being refused the grant of this visa.

your visa application you declared “No” and “Yes) for the questions: ? Has the applicant, or any person included in this application, held or currently hold a visa to Australia or any other country? You answered “Yes” Given details: Nairobi Kenya

? Has the applicant, or any person included in this application, ever been in Australia or any other country and not complied with visa conditions or departed outside their authorised period of stay? You answered “No”

? Has the applicant, or any person included in this application, ever had an application for entry or further stay in Australia or any other country refused, or had a visa cancelled? You answered “No”

? Departmental records indicate that SONAIKE Olubunmi Stephen has had applications for entry for Canada and USA and he has not travelled to this countries.

Please advise when did you apply and what the outcome of the visa applications was.

On the basis of the information above, you have in fact provided false and misleading information regarding your visa history on your current visa application. Your visa application may therefore be considered for refusal on the basis that you do not meet PIC 4020.

You are therefore invited to provide a detailed written comment on any of the above information. In addition, you are requested to provide any information that relates to:

? compelling circumstances that affect the interests of Australia; or

? compassionate or compelling circumstances that affect the interests of an Australian citizen, an Australian permanent resident or an eligible New Zealand citizen .

Timeframe for response You must respond to this invitation to comment within 28days after you are taken to have received this letter. You should provide your response in writing..

I was out of the country when my spouse made the visa application and was not ask if such a situation has occurred before.

What do u advise me 

Get professional advice. PIC 4020 is serious, don't try and do it alone.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×