High Points for 489/190 - South Australia

Hi,
Received invitation yesterday to lodge visa 190[emoji3].Could anyone guide me ,if I could submit my spouse's skill assessment with visa application or not? As I couldn't claim my husband's points because when I had applied for SA nomination at that time we were waiting for  his skill assessment results. Response would be highly appreciated.
Thanks
Hi Gurinda.

Hope you're well!

Congrats on the nomination. If you don't mind me asking, when did you apply? Trying to figure out if the 14 weeks being quoted is coming down yet.

Regarding your query, I don't know the answer exactly. However, as you've already been accepted by S.A., you shouldn't need any extra points for your visa application. State sponsored visas aren't like other skilled visas where the government invites the highest points first. As long as you have the state nomination, it shouldn't matter how many points you have as the government should do them in order.

Jon

2 hours ago, JonandSophietravel said:

Hi Gurinda.

Hope you're well!

Congrats on the nomination. If you don't mind me asking, when did you apply? Trying to figure out if the 14 weeks being quoted is coming down yet.

Regarding your query, I don't know the answer exactly. However, as you've already been accepted by S.A., you shouldn't need any extra points for your visa application. State sponsored visas aren't like other skilled visas where the government invites the highest points first. As long as you have the state nomination, it shouldn't matter how many points you have as the government should do them in order.

Jon

Thanks Jon,I had applied on 22nd of July.For me they took 12 weeks.

On 20/10/2018 at 13:30, Jellica said:

I was under the same impression as you that police checks, health checks and form 80 tend to be requested by the case officer a bit further into the process - I'm nit quite at that point yet but when you log into your immi account, it tells you there is a fault with these on the system and to ignore it, perhaps that is the problem?! if so the maintenance is scheduled for the next few days.

let us know if you manage to sort it, and Ill let you know if I have the same problem, when I get to that point later

Was ot asking for police checks during the nomination submission stage itself?

Sorry , one more question.   My employer has not mentioned salary details in their letter. Can i submit bank statement as proof of salary ? Other details like job title, roles and responsibilities are mentioned by the employer.has anyone done this for SA 489 visa application? Pls confirm

Edited by Hi@ma

On 28/10/2018 at 15:40, Jenki75 said:

Here is a link to a handy spreed sheet that details some SA application dates for 190 and 489. You can add yourself on and watch for submission and sponsorship approval dates.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1e6B4RJHJVbPbDXBSUh8sLP3WshvdIetq5f4hheTJQic/htmlview

Hi Jenki!

This is great, thanks for sharing 🙂

I've added us to the list. Looking at the recent S.A. acceptances, the timescale has dropped from 13-14 weeks to 10-11 weeks, so that's great news. Looks like the extra staff they've hired are really doing their stuff 😁 If they were to continue losing 1 week of backlog for every week in real-time, they'll be down to around 7 weeks by the time our application hit the 7 week mark, so we might hear back right at the end of Nov / start of Dec. And it might speed up even faster now they're getting through the July backlog.

Thanks again!

Jon

Name field is disabled and i cannot enter my full name in Given name field of 489 visa nomination site. Does anyone know how to fix this issue? My first name is shown in Given name field but accordinv to my passport, given name is first name +middlr name.

I think it is taking name and email id provided during registration.but during registration it is prompting first name and family names only. The first name provided during registration to SA immigration website is appearing as given name in thd visa form.

Whoever got invote recently, did u all face the same scenario while submitting nomination application?

We appear to be moving in the right direction. We just got our mobility court order approved by the Judge, so my girls can legally move if we get a visa (huge weight off our shoulders) . This is week 8 for my app with SA. So hopeful that we will be offered the 190 state sponsorship in the next 2 wks (fingers crossed).

I have been keeping an eye out for potential employment and saw that there is a new private hospital opening in Adelaide next year! In the news, it said they were having a hard time filling positions.

I just want to be able to be on the next step already!

Nice to read updates on how everyone is progressing through the system.

19 hours ago, Jenki75 said:

We appear to be moving in the right direction. We just got our mobility court order approved by the Judge, so my girls can legally move if we get a visa (huge weight off our shoulders) . This is week 8 for my app with SA. So hopeful that we will be offered the 190 state sponsorship in the next 2 wks (fingers crossed).

I have been keeping an eye out for potential employment and saw that there is a new private hospital opening in Adelaide next year! In the news, it said they were having a hard time filling positions.

I just want to be able to be on the next step already!

Nice to read updates on how everyone is progressing through the system.

Wow congratulations! That's great news 🙂

Fingers crossed you'll hear back next week and the times keep coming down.

Are you up for joining me, Jellica and Jetblast for a drink on Henley beach when we arrive? You guys might get there before us but we'll get there eventually

Edited by JonandSophietravel

4 hours ago, JonandSophietravel said:

Wow congratulations! That's great news 🙂

Are you up for joining me, Jellica and Jetblast for a drink on Henley beach when we arrive? You guys might get there before us but we'll get there eventually

Sounds like a great plan! We would love to meet you all.

Wow congratulations! That's great news [emoji846]
I can't wait. If I had my visa I wouldn't have walked from work this week!

32 minutes ago, JetBlast said:
8 hours ago, JonandSophietravel said:
Wow congratulations! That's great news emoji846.png

I can't wait. If I had my visa I wouldn't have walked from work this week!

JetBlast, I know how you feel. It's so difficult because we all want to be over there.