Jellica

High Points for 489/190 - South Australia

So I started the visa application process last night and in the last page I was requested to upload police checks and form 80s before I could proceed with payment. Is this standard practice? I was under the impression (albeit poss wrongly) that they tell you when to get your police checks?

You can front load them or you can wait until they ask you. You shouldn't need to upload them right away.

So I started the visa application process last night and in the last page I was requested to upload police checks and form 80s before I could proceed with payment. Is this standard practice? I was under the impression (albeit poss wrongly) that they tell you when to get your police checks?
I was under the same impression as you that police checks, health checks and form 80 tend to be requested by the case officer a bit further into the process - I'm nit quite at that point yet but when you log into your immi account, it tells you there is a fault with these on the system and to ignore it, perhaps that is the problem?! if so the maintenance is scheduled for the next few days.

let us know if you manage to sort it, and Ill let you know if I have the same problem, when I get to that point later [emoji3]

On Thu Oct 18 2018 at 17:27, JetBlast said:

I got the go ahead today and an invite to apply! Wooo

Congratulations,Please let me know with how many points you applied and on which date?

• Like 1

Congratulations,Please let me know with how many points you applied and on which date?

70 points, Network Administrator, 15th July.

And thank you!!

The problem is many of the occupations now require a higher number of points. Mine is an example. 70 was the minimum but now it is 80.

• Like 1

@Jellica @Jimbo  & Anyone else I might have missed (sorry hard to look back on the small screen) - Have you applied for the actual visa yet? It will be interesting to compare the processing of them.

[mention=264268]Jellica[/mention] [mention=272397]Jimbo[/mention]  & Anyone else I might have missed (sorry hard to look back on the small screen) - Have you applied for the actual visa yet? It will be interesting to compare the processing of them.

we are just over halfway through the application, hoping to submit this week, taking my time over it so its right [emoji3] we are going to arrange the health checks etc and front load. We are hoping to be one of the 3 month direct grant lucky ones! but we'll see... current processing times

489 ... 8 - 11 months

190 ... 7 - 8 months

How's everyone else getting on? remember first ones to get to SA are buying the beers [emoji6]

I paid up my fee yesterday. My application is a bit more simple though - just little old me by myself.

Those beers will be the best I will ever have! Ha

I paid up my fee yesterday. My application is a bit more simple though - just little old me by myself.

Those beers will be the best I will ever have! Ha
Beers on the beach in SA with all our migration SA buddies - defo looking forward to it [emoji38]
  • Like 1

Congratulations to everyone who has been accepted this week 🙂

Looking forward to hearing how the visa application process goes for you!

For those of us still waiting, my MA has some great news. He was at an immigration conference this week and the representative from S.A. said that they want to reduce their wait time from 14 weeks to 4 weeks as soon as possible and they're already hiring extra staff to get this done. We applied on 18th October, so could potentially get the invitation mid-November 🙂

• Occupation: 323316 - Watchmaker, Visa: State-sponsored (SA) 489 visa, high points category
  • Points: 80 = Age (30), Qualification (15), Experience (5), Language (20), SA 489 (10)
  • Passed IELTS: 9, 9, 8, 9: 20/07/2018TRA application lodged: 24/07/2018TRA positive result: 15/10/18
  • SkillSelect EOI lodged: 16/10/18SA application lodged: 18/10/18SA acceptance: 06/12/18
  • Visa lodged: 13/12/18Visa granted: 20/06/19
  • Arrive in Adelaide: 26th August 2019

3 minutes ago, JonandSophietravel said:

Congratulations to everyone who has been accepted this week 🙂

Looking forward to hearing how the visa application process goes for you!

For those of us still waiting, my MA has some great news. He was at an immigration conference this week and the representative from S.A. said that they want to reduce their wait time from 14 weeks to 4 weeks as soon as possible and they're already hiring extra staff to get this done. We applied on 18th October, so could potentially get the invitation mid-November 🙂

Fingers crossed! 14 weeks is a long time. Combine that with other waiting times it is a long time people put their lives on hold. Im still thankful I didn't have to wait the 15 - 20 weeks.

9 hours ago, JetBlast said:

@Jellica @Jimbo  & Anyone else I might have missed (sorry hard to look back on the small screen) - Have you applied for the actual visa yet? It will be interesting to compare the processing of them.

We are going to get the police certificates and fill in the form 80s upload them and then pay for it as this is what it is asking me to do. It says if you don't do this you need a reason why you are not uploading them so I figured I might as well do it now.

I am applying SA state sponsorship today with 75 points...can i expect invite soon?

Can someone help me in writing a "reason for. Migrating to SA' . Does it have tobe a fancy one? I am writing in plain english mentioning that SA is excelent in offering career oppurtunities,gud sports culture, climate and best destination for students blahblah

I am applying SA state sponsorship today with 75 points...can i expect invite soon?
Can someone help me in writing a "reason for. Migrating to SA' . Does it have tobe a fancy one? I am writing in plain english mentioning that SA is excelent in offering career oppurtunities,gud sports culture, climate and best destination for students blahblah
Hi,

I think they are looking for something personal to each applicant, and you seen to be on the right lines already. remember you only get 500 characters... good luck [emoji3]

I wrote something about it being a big enough place to offer good employment opportunities but then with SA being on the smaller side I could also enjoy a peaceful life.

• Thanks 1

Hi,

Received invitation yesterday to lodge visa 190😀.Could anyone guide me ,if I could submit my spouse's skill assessment with visa application or not? As I couldn't claim my husband's points because when I had applied for SA nomination at that time we were waiting for  his skill assessment results. Response would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Edited by gurinder kaur

Congrats Gurinder! 

29/12/17 AHPRA logged,  31/01/2018 AHPRA asked for more docs,  20/02/2018 AHPRA rec'd docs, 27/02/2018 AHPRA extension app'd, 12/03/2018 Reg in principle, 29/03/2018 AHPRA Full Registration, 29/03/2018 Anmac Modified Skills lodged,   15/05/2018 ANMAC Mod skills Assessment +ve,  Aug. 2018 PTE-A (L:85 R:90 S:90 W:90),  South Australia State 190 Sponsorship Applied 08/09/2018, State Sponsorship Approved 08/11/2018, Lodged 190 visa 16/11/2018.  CO Contact for form 47a for migrating adult child, and non-migrating non-dependent adult children  9th April, 2019.    Grant 4th June 2019!!!! Job Offer Aug 2019, Flying to Oz October 2nd 2019✈️🇦🇺🌞