High Points for 489/190 - South Australia

On 29/03/2019 at 02:07, Jenki75 said:
Been 132 days here and nothing. They are going slow on the 190's and rocking through the 189's. They are cherry picking though. Just look at the anzsco codes....if we were software Engineers we would be approved already!

Doesn't seem to be many electrician general applications for me to get a rough idea.
Seen one on there given a direct grant in 4 months but that was to NSW.
Be nice just to get contact though, so atleast we know it's being looked at. Fingers crossed for us all.

• Like 1

On 29/03/2019 at 02:25, leighmarsh151084 said:

Doesn't seem to be many electrician general applications for me to get a rough idea.
Seen one on there given a direct grant in 4 months but that was to NSW.
Be nice just to get contact though, so atleast we know it's being looked at. Fingers crossed for us all.

Only the one watchmaker - us - so no way of tracking that lol. 

Edited by MaggieMay24
Removing reference to external site.

4 minutes ago, leighmarsh151084 said:

Haha. You have nothing to compare against Jon. Hopefully we all hear some news within next few weeks. Honestly thought we would of had contact by now.

Yep!

They have worked right up until the end of October, giving lots of direct grants within 2-3 months. Then as soon as they hit November applications, there's been the odd few, but they've been focusing more on getting the old cases through - the ones with several CO contacts already. That makes sense, I guess, as there's thousands of pipeline cases outstanding.

From their point of view, I'd be annoyed if I'd applied 6-8 months ago, had one or two CO contacts, and saw people were getting direct grants who applied months and months later than me. I'd want the government to focus on processing my visa instead of picking off as many Nov/Dec/Jan grants as possible.

Everyone wants their visa as quickly as possible as they know the amazing life that awaits them 🙂 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Jenki75 said:

Been 132 days here and nothing. They are going slow on the 190's and rocking through the 189's. They are cherry picking though. Just look at the anzsco codes....if we were software Engineers we would be approved already!

2 hours ago, Jenki75 said:

Jenki..

My husband is an IT professional...then also no news...(applied on 16 november).

Edited by Gurpreet ghotra

On 09/03/2019 at 06:41, Gurpreet ghotra said:

Hi all...

Wat are the repercussions or benefits of getting an immi commencement mail..

Can anybody explain...

Thanks in anticipation...

Gurpreet,

Did you get an immi commencement email after you lodged your application?

On 22/03/2019 at 05:19, Lavers said:

So a good day at work today...hoping to emigrate to adelaide next year and never been to Australia.

Work have allowed me to go to Sydney on a job for 3 weeks in July this year so that I can see Australia before making the move.

I suggest you book a flight down to Adelaide on one of the weekends so you can take a look.   Sydney and Adelaide are chalk and cheese.   It would be like spending 3 weeks in London to find out what living in Aberdeen is like. 

I should say I like both cities, but the vibe and the way of life in each is totally different.   Adelaide is a very quiet, conservative little place compared to Sydney.   Of course it's also much cheaper!

Edited by Marisawright

8 hours ago, Jenki75 said:

Gurpreet,

Did you get an immi commencement email after you lodged your application?

Yes

Also i have heard that rarely anyone gets this email...

It states my case is under further progress along with my co name in it...but co never contacted...

Edited by Gurpreet ghotra

5 minutes ago, Gurpreet ghotra said:

Yes

Congratulations, you must be happy about that!  I guess you are further ahead than most.  your status in MyImmi Account must say processing or something like that.

Hopefully everyone else like us, 133 days with no contact whatsoever, can hear something soon, and everyone can get their grants.

1 hour ago, Jenki75 said:

Congratulations, you must be happy about that!  I guess you are further ahead than most.  your status in MyImmi Account must say processing or something like that.

Hopefully everyone else like us, 133 days with no contact whatsoever, can hear something soon, and everyone can get their grants.

Yes ..my dear friend...

My status says -in progress...

But i got this mail in december...

7 hours ago, Marisawright said:

I suggest you book a flight down to Adelaide on one of the weekends so you can take a look.   Sydney and Adelaide are chalk and cheese.   It would be like spending 3 weeks in London to find out what living in Aberdeen is like. 

I should say I like both cities, but the vibe and the way of life in each is totally different.   Adelaide is a very quiet, conservative little place compared to Sydney.   Of course it's also much cheaper!

Thanks Marisa I will have a look into doing that.

I can definitely say that I don't like the idea of city living...too much of a rat race for me.

2 hours ago, Bazooka Boy said:

Hi guys,

I found few posts mentioning wait times of over 130 days now...are things really slowing down? Just wondering if there have been any grants of late!

Also, anybody here who can share their job search experience in Adelaide? Would be grateful! 🙂 

Cheers

Hi,

No new grants reported by anyone yet. Everyone is still waiting. Which visa have you applied for?

Government are currently going crazy for 189 grants and leaving 489 / 190 behind.

Some 189s have been given a direct grant and they only applied in February! We're waiting for 489 since November/December.

I just don't understand as 189s will add to the issues that the big cities face but 489 and 190 will help the smaller cities get the people they need. It's backwards!

• Like 3
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

43 minutes ago, JonandSophietravel said:

I just don't understand as 189s will add to the issues that the big cities face but 489 and 190 will help the smaller cities get the people they need. It's backwards!

They may have some spare space for PR visas in their quota? Just a guess though.

4 hours ago, Jenki75 said:

Hi,

No new grants reported by anyone yet. Everyone is still waiting. Which visa have you applied for?

SA 489 visa lodged on Jan 28. 80 points including State nom. 3 applicants (wife and baby).

Hoping a grant comes by end of Jun? 😬

• Like 1