High Points for 489/190 - South Australia

16 minutes ago, Shaunc said:

Hey guys, first post on here but been following the thread for a couple of months now.

Just got my SA Nomination through a couple of days ago, starting to pull together all the documentation. I want to have everything submitted up front as much as possible (Health Check and PCC included). I have tried to create the health declaration on the Immi website, but no option exists for the 489 visa - did anyone else do it beforehand or wait till requested? How else can I generate the HAP ID without going through this? Last question, for the visa application, did you declare all identitiy documents  (birth certs, driving license etc), I have driving license but waiting on renewal to change over to new address but if its not needed to submit I wont wait on it.

Cant help with your first question but with your driving license I just wouldn't use it as ID, some people don't have one anyway so id have thought that your birth certificate and passport would be your main ones.

10 minutes ago, Joesline said:

I believe it would be best that you ask a professional of the list of queries you had.

We are just a bunch of visa applicants only (and some of us rely on our MA for assistance). 

Yes...Joesline is right..

We( here) can only provide you with basic information .

Driving licence is not mandatory.

Birth certs. ,form 80, may be form 1221 are compulsory,and also in my information after payment of visa fees automatically hap id is generated for medicals which you have to do at the earlist possible date from recognised clinic..but you can always upload pcc at the time of fees payment...

6 hours ago, Joesline said:

One of the section is talking about the changes implementing in Nov 2019 which is 8 months away from now. So anything that is applying are still under the old path way. Isn't it?

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/what-we-do/regional-migration/news/new-regional-visas

New Regional Visas

The new skilled regional provisional visas will be for skilled migrants, and dependent family members, who want to live and work in Australia.

There will be two new skilled regional provisional visas introduced in November 2019:

• Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional (Provisional) visa: for people sponsored by an employer in regional Australia.
  • Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa: for people who are nominated by a State or Territory government or sponsored by an eligible family member to live and work in regional Australia.

Holders of the new skilled regional provisional visas will need to live and work in regional Australia. Visas will be granted with a validity period of up to five years.

Holders of the new skilled regional provisional visas will be able to apply for a Permanent Residence visa. The Permanent Residence (Skilled Regional) Visa will commence in November 2022.

Importantly, to be eligible for permanent residence, holders of the new skilled regional provisional visas will need to demonstrate they have lived and worked in regional Australia while holding one of the new Skilled Regional Provisional visa. 

Thanks for the link. Very useful. The key part of the particle for us is this:

Changes to existing visas

The introduction of the two new regional visas in November 2019 will not impact people who already hold existing visas. Applications lodged prior to November 2019 will continue to be processed as normal. There will be no impact on the permanent residence of current permanent visa holders.

Check back regularly over the coming weeks for updates on this new initiative

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Shaunc said:

Hey guys, first post on here but been following the thread for a couple of months now.

Just got my SA Nomination through a couple of days ago, starting to pull together all the documentation. I want to have everything submitted up front as much as possible (Health Check and PCC included). I have tried to create the health declaration on the Immi website, but no option exists for the 489 visa - did anyone else do it beforehand or wait till requested? How else can I generate the HAP ID without going through this? Last question, for the visa application, did you declare all identitiy documents  (birth certs, driving license etc), I have driving license but waiting on renewal to change over to new address but if its not needed to submit I wont wait on it.

Hi,

Congratulations on your SA nomination. 

You can generate HAP ID only after you lodge for visa. Once you lodge a visa you will see an action required flag just besides your application home. From there it will written Arrange Health Examinations. From there only you can create your HAP ID so that it fetch your complete details. Once you are done with the medical, the clinic itself sends your report to the concerned department of immigration.

You can upload PCC upfront at the time of visa application.

Driving license is not mandatory as a ID proof. You just need to upload your passport copy and birth certificate for you ID.

A video on the announcement on the introduction of new regional visas by PM, immigration and infrastructure minister. The article is about something else, however it has a linked video not sure if everyone is able to view it. I did and i would suggest if you could view it, do watch it.

https://www.sbs.com.au/yourlanguage/punjabi/en/article/2019/03/22/opening-doors-more-exploitation-concerns-over-governments-regional-migration-plan

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Renault said:

A video on the announcement on the introduction of new regional visas by PM, immigration and infrastructure minister. The article is about something else, however it has a linked video not sure if everyone is able to view it. I did and i would suggest if you could view it, do watch it.

https://www.sbs.com.au/yourlanguage/punjabi/en/article/2019/03/22/opening-doors-more-exploitation-concerns-over-governments-regional-migration-plan

Now if only they would start processing the visa's to allow us to move to these regional areas.

• Like 1

On 25/03/2019 at 05:11, JetBlast said:

How are you getting on @Jimbo - Hope all is well?

Hey Jetblast, all going well so far thanks! Still very much in holiday mode so far as that's only been a week we've been here. Weather has been lovely so there's been plenty of beach and pool time. Had a nice day down in Glenelg the other day which the kids loved.

Sorted out some buisnessy time things like Medicare, driving license, bank account and also enrolled my son into the local primary school which he will start in after the Easter holidays.

So far so good!! 

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Hey Jetblast, all going well so far thanks! Still very much in holiday mode so far as that's only been a week we've been here. Weather has been lovely so there's been plenty of beach and pool time. Had a nice day down in Glenelg the other day which the kids loved.

Sorted out some buisnessy time things like Medicare, driving license, bank account and also enrolled my son into the local primary school which he will start in after the Easter holidays.

So far so good!! 

Great news! Keep us posted. Do you want to be in the Facebook group?  Won't be long and I will be there myself.

Would you mind looking at the questions I have in this thread about the licence please?

Cheers

PS: Hope the jet lag wasn't too bad. 🙂

Edited by JetBlast
  • Like 1

On 20/03/2019 at 13:56, Sonia H said:

17th Oct invited to apply for a 489 Skilled State Nominated  (SA) Provisional visa.  

22nd Nov visa application for a 489 Skilled Regional Sponsored Visa  lodged  

19th Dec Medical done

Case office assigned 11th Feb and asked for UK police clearance (despite us living outside of uk for 17 years)

Visa granted 20th March - delighted!!

Best wishes to everyone with their application, I know it seem like forever but hang on in there

Do we do to anything after submission of  Visa application? ( medical also done) 

1 hour ago, Lavers said:

Good news today....just got my state nomination approved so onto the next step and more paperwork to fill in Haha 

That is good news! Get your visa application in straight away, you can always keep uploading once its lodged. I cant remember but are you a 190 or a 489?

19 minutes ago, Jenki75 said:

That is good news! Get your visa application in straight away, you can always keep uploading once its lodged. I cant remember but are you a 190 or a 489?

Im on a 190

Ok so that's good that you can keep uploading, I was worried that I hadn't done my EOI correctly as I missed a few pieces of information.

I will pay the fee today and start the process 😁

• Like 1

Hi guys,

I have a bit of advice for those that are heading out to Adelaide soon. Not long after you arrive you will no doubt be wanting to enrol onto the Medicare system. The building we used to enrol is right next to the department of transport so you can do this at the same time as getting your driving license sorted out. Also, if you are traveling with a partner or with kids, I would advise that only one of you take the passports and visabdetails to the Medicare building as we all went at 0930 and the wait was 1 hour. My kids were climbing the walls as there was nothing for them to do and there was actually no reason for them to be there, one person can do it all. There is a large shopping mall called the Marion centre directly across the road so I would suggest that one person sorts out the Medicare whilst the others either sorts out the driving license or chills out in the Marion centre.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Hi guys,

I have a bit of advice for those that are heading out to Adelaide soon. Not long after you arrive you will no doubt be wanting to enrol onto the Medicare system. The building we used to enrol is right next to the department of transport so you can do this at the same time as getting your driving license sorted out. Also, if you are traveling with a partner or with kids, I would advise that only one of you take the passports and visabdetails to the Medicare building as we all went at 0930 and the wait was 1 hour. My kids were climbing the walls as there was nothing for them to do and there was actually no reason for them to be there, one person can do it all. There is a large shopping mall called the Marion centre directly across the road so I would suggest that one person sorts out the Medicare whilst the others either sorts out the driving license or chills out in the Marion centre.

Thanks for sharing.

1 minute ago, leighmarsh151084 said:

Hi everyone.

Does anyone know or have seen any 190/489 grants lately?
I'm not on Facebook but my wife is and has said there has been loads of 189 visas being granted.
I genuinely thought we might have had contact now being 15/16 weeks.
It's been even longer for you hasn't it jenki?

No contact here mate, 122 days onshore, single and no points claimed for experience so pretty straight forward case. I think they are trying to get done with all the Nov- Dec 189 cases as in those two months they invited almost 9000 people for 189

• Like 1

No contact here mate, 122 days onshore, single and no points claimed for experience so pretty straight forward case. I think they are trying to get done with all the Nov- Dec 189 cases as in those two months they invited almost 9000 people for 189

Yes, my wife said she has seen people who lodged end of December getting grants.
Then my agent messaged me nearly 2 weeks ago saying she had a client assessed who lodged a week before mine, which then had me hoping it was going to be close for contact.

1 hour ago, leighmarsh151084 said:

Hi everyone.

Does anyone know or have seen any 190/489 grants lately?
I'm not on Facebook but my wife is and has said there has been loads of 189 visas being granted.
I genuinely thought we might have had contact now being 15/16 weeks.
It's been even longer for you hasn't it jenki?

Been 132 days here and nothing. They are going slow on the 190's and rocking through the 189's. They are cherry picking though. Just look at the anzsco codes....if we were software Engineers we would be approved already!

2 minutes ago, Jenki75 said:

Been 132 days here and nothing. They are going slow on the 190's and rocking through the 189's. They are cherry picking though. Just look at the anzsco codes....if we were software Engineers we would be approved already!

Do they cherry pick the 190s also then?