High Points for 489/190 - South Australia

On 17/03/2019 at 17:55, JonandSophietravel said:

Name                           Visa Status Visa  Date Applied    Days  Est. Arrival       Fly to Aus               Notes (optional)

Dan S                           GRANTED    ?         06 Mar 2018    291    March 19         ?

FIS                               GRANTED     ?         23 Oct 2018    93       April 19            ?   

Jetblast                       GRANTED    489    24 Oct 2018    80       June 19           12th May 19             Arrive in Brisbane first and SA following month

Jimbo                          GRANTED    489    30 Oct 2018    76       March 19         17th March 19

Jonno1981                 GRANTED    489    31 Oct 2018    129     ?                        ?                                 2 case officer contacts

SJA                              GRANTED    489    13 Nov 2018    80       ?                        ?

Renault                        WAITING      489    15 Nov 2018    122    ?                        ?

Jenki75                       WAITING      190    16 Nov 2018    121     ?                        ?

Gurinder Kaur             WAITING      190    22 Nov 2018    114                           ?

Jellica                          WAITING      190    28 Nov 2018    109     ?                       ?

SALMATABBU            WAITING      489    28 Nov 2018    109     ?                       ?

D32                              WAITING      489    30 Nov 2018    107     ?                       ?

Kunal Aj                       WAITING      489    06 Dec 2018    101     ?                       ?

JonandSophieTravel WAITING      489    14 Dec 2018    93       ?                       ?                                2 people. Lived in Adelaide in 2011

Leighmarsh151084  WAITING       190    14 Dec 2018    93       ?                       ?

Joseline                      WAITING       489    23 Jan 2019    53       ?                       ?

Sonia                           WAITING       ?         ?                         ?          ?                       ?

Thanks @SALMATABBU. Updated!

Ok, looks like WhatsApp is the winner for the group chat 🙂 

Those who wish to join, PM me your number and I'll set it up. If you want to add me on Facebook too it's Jon "Genie" Hunter.

Can you Please add me to the group

So a good day at work today...hoping to emigrate to adelaide next year and never been to Australia.

Work have allowed me to go to Sydney on a job for 3 weeks in July this year so that I can see Australia before making the move.

Not bad employers after all.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Lavers said:

So a good day at work today...hoping to emigrate to adelaide next year and never been to Australia.

Work have allowed me to go to Sydney on a job for 3 weeks in July this year so that I can see Australia before making the move.

Not bad employers after all.

I am sure Sydney will not disappoint you. Had went for same period in the year 2017. There only I made a serious thought to make a move to Australia.

Hope you'll have a great time in Sydney!! All the best!! Have Fun!! 🙂

34 minutes ago, Renault said:

Has anyone gone through the new regional visa. Guess all applied before november and awaiting grant will be under new changes. 3 years stay and 5 year Visa

Where have you read this? On the 489 and 887 visa pages they're still saying the same commitments.

The changes apply to the new visas that haven't been released yet, so no one currently in the system will be affected by it, unless you change your mind and go after the other visa type for whatever reason.

Edited by JonandSophietravel

1 hour ago, Renault said:

Has anyone gone through the new regional visa. Guess all applied before november and awaiting grant will be under new changes. 3 years stay and 5 year Visa

Yes i just read about it...now the thing is, will this new law be implemented on cases applied(visa) after march  '19 or to every application of visa  applied in 2018 also...

But before it was 2 years now its 3 years stay in regional areas...

But how does it matter...if one is fully satisfied and setteled in their respective regional areas...

In order to ease population explosion in sydney ,melbourn, perth...all these decisions have been taken by the respected Prime minister of Australia..

People already  waiting  for 489 visa should be least concerned...

Edited by Gurpreet ghotra

I asked my MA on my application for 489 visa that I submitted on 23 Jan.

She told me that the pathway for me to gain PR after 2 years of residence and 1 year working full time is valid. The changes that the government is implementing now will not affect my criteria towards gaining the PR. 

I guess those that are of the same situation as mine should be the same.

Edited by Joesline

I asked my MA on my application for 489 visa that I submitted on 23 Jan.
She told me that the pathway for me to gain PR after 2 years of residence and 1 year working full time is valid. The changes that the government is implementing now will not affect my criteria towards gaining the PR. 
I guess those that are of the same situation as mine should be the same.
Hi Joseline. I may be wrong, I'm getting in touch with my MA. If you can share this link. My understanding was on the basis of the link below.

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/what-we-do/regional-migration

Where have you read this? On the 489 and 887 visa pages they're still saying the same commitments.
The changes apply to the new visas that haven't been released yet, so no one currently in the system will be affected by it, unless you change your mind and go after the other visa type for whatever reason.
I referred to the link below..awaiting my MA response.

7 minutes ago, Renault said:

Hi Joseline. I may be wrong, I'm getting in touch with my MA. If you can share this link. My understanding was on the basis of the link below.

One of the section is talking about the changes implementing in Nov 2019 which is 8 months away from now. So anything that is applying are still under the old path way. Isn't it?

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/what-we-do/regional-migration/news/new-regional-visas

New Regional Visas

The new skilled regional provisional visas will be for skilled migrants, and dependent family members, who want to live and work in Australia.

There will be two new skilled regional provisional visas introduced in November 2019:

• Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional (Provisional) visa: for people sponsored by an employer in regional Australia.
  • Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa: for people who are nominated by a State or Territory government or sponsored by an eligible family member to live and work in regional Australia.

Holders of the new skilled regional provisional visas will need to live and work in regional Australia. Visas will be granted with a validity period of up to five years.

Holders of the new skilled regional provisional visas will be able to apply for a Permanent Residence visa. The Permanent Residence (Skilled Regional) Visa will commence in November 2022.

Importantly, to be eligible for permanent residence, holders of the new skilled regional provisional visas will need to demonstrate they have lived and worked in regional Australia while holding one of the new Skilled Regional Provisional visa. 

One of the section is talking about the changes implementing in Nov 2019 which is 8 months away from now. So anything that is applying are still under the old path way. Isn't it?
https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/what-we-do/regional-migration/news/new-regional-visas

New Regional Visas

The new skilled regional provisional visas will be for skilled migrants, and dependent family members, who want to live and work in Australia.

There will be two new skilled regional provisional visas introduced in November 2019:

• Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional (Provisional) visa: for people sponsored by an employer in regional Australia.
  • Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa: for people who are nominated by a State or Territory government or sponsored by an eligible family member to live and work in regional Australia.

Holders of the new skilled regional provisional visas will need to live and work in regional Australia. Visas will be granted with a validity period of up to five years.

Holders of the new skilled regional provisional visas will be able to apply for a Permanent Residence visa. The Permanent Residence (Skilled Regional) Visa will commence in November 2022.

Importantly, to be eligible for permanent residence, holders of the new skilled regional provisional visas will need to demonstrate they have lived and worked in regional Australia while holding one of the new Skilled Regional Provisional visa. 

Hi Joseline. You're right. My bad! I just panicked and misread 2019 as nov 2018 . Sorry for the misunderstanding.

14 minutes ago, Renault said:
1 hour ago, Gurpreet ghotra said:
Yes i just read about it...now the thing is, will this new law be implemented on cases applied(visa) after march  '19 or to every application of visa  applied in 2018 also...
But before it was 2 years now its 3 years stay in regional areas...
But how does it matter...if one is fully satisfied and setteled in their respective regional areas...
In order to ease population explosion in sydney ,melbourn, perth...all these decisions have been taken by the respected Prime minister of Australia..
People already  waiting  for 489 visa should be least concerned...

Agree in your point that if ones satisfied 2 or 3 years shouldn't matter. But not being on pr for one more year means you miss on benefits of Pr. This includes moving for other states for job, medilink, buying a property, tax rebates to name a few.i hope Adelaide suits us all and we stay there for long for the benefits of state and us. However at the same time getting pr sooner is something one always wishes for.

People who are in the 489 visa, obviously will be concerned of the changes towards the extended period to stay under provisional visa. It is in the interest to all, if not most to eventually attaining a PR after moving towards to 887 visa. 

Like @Renaultsaid, the longer you stayed in provisional visa, you are missing all the benefits you can get from as a PR. Such as medicare which is only applicable to certain nationality. Others like myself would have to obtain a OVHC on top of the visa for the duration that I hold a 489 visa.

I also heard before that they might not consider the time you spent under provisional visa to count into the time for qualifying in obtaining citizenship. So if that's the case, the longer you stay under provisional visa, the more time you had to spent to accumulate after you switched to PR to get citizenship.  

Edited by Joesline
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Joesline said:

People who are in the 489 visa, obviously will be concerned of the changes towards the extended period to stay under provisional visa. It is in the interest to all, if not most to eventually attaining a PR after moving towards to 887 visa. 

Like @Renaultsaid, the longer you stayed in provisional visa, you are missing all the benefits you can get from as a PR. Such as medicare which is only applicable to certain nationality. Others like myself would have to obtain a OVHC on top of the visa for the duration that I hold a 489 visa.

I also heard before that they might not consider the time you spent under provisional visa to count into the time for qualifying in obtaining citizenship. So if that's the case, the longer you stay under provisional visa, the more time you had to spent to accumulate after you switched to PR to get citizenship.  

Yes...!! For sure...

Hey guys, first post on here but been following the thread for a couple of months now.

Just got my SA Nomination through a couple of days ago, starting to pull together all the documentation. I want to have everything submitted up front as much as possible (Health Check and PCC included). I have tried to create the health declaration on the Immi website, but no option exists for the 489 visa - did anyone else do it beforehand or wait till requested? How else can I generate the HAP ID without going through this? Last question, for the visa application, did you declare all identitiy documents  (birth certs, driving license etc), I have driving license but waiting on renewal to change over to new address but if its not needed to submit I wont wait on it.

5 minutes ago, Shaunc said:

Hey guys, first post on here but been following the thread for a couple of months now.

Just got my SA Nomination through a couple of days ago, starting to pull together all the documentation. I want to have everything submitted up front as much as possible (Health Check and PCC included). I have tried to create the health declaration on the Immi website, but no option exists for the 489 visa - did anyone else do it beforehand or wait till requested? How else can I generate the HAP ID without going through this? Last question, for the visa application, did you declare all identitiy documents  (birth certs, driving license etc), I have driving license but waiting on renewal to change over to new address but if its not needed to submit I wont wait on it.

I believe it would be best that you ask a professional of the list of queries you had.

We are just a bunch of visa applicants only (and some of us rely on our MA for assistance).