High Points for 489/190 - South Australia

1 hour ago, Renault said:

Processing Time

75% of applications: 8 months

90% of applications: 12 months

Not so great news fellas !

It was 7 and 9 before right? It's not too bad.

I was chatting to Sophie about it yesterday - I think the visa processors share visa types, so lots of people process lots of different types of visas. Back in Oct / Nov, the regional areas wanted a big push on the regional visas, so the visa processes would have swapped their firepower onto 489/190. But then, a couple of months ago they were smashing out 489s in as little as 1 1/2 months, so they probably had pressure building from the 189 side of things to swap back. Needed to even out the timescales.

I can still see 489s being processed. It looks like they're getting through the early Nov visas solidly but I've seen 21st, 23rd, and 26th November too. I'm expecting 4-5 months to be the point of first CO contact now instead of the 2-3 months that was the average for those who applied in October. Still way earlier than 8-12 months though.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, leighmarsh151084 said:

Don't wanna get my hopes up. But according to the email they've looked at a lodgement day of around Dec 10th.

That's great news!

@Jenki75, @gurinder kaur and @Jellica all applied in Nov 2018, so if they're already jumping ahead to 10th December, I really don't understand their priority system - very strange.

You would have though they'd share out the work in order but maybe they give piles of 20-30 visas to each processor, and then if you're in a pile of someone who is working really quickly, you'll get done early but if you're in a pile of complicated, slow cases, you might get done really late, despite other people getting done who applied after you.

• Confused 1

That's great news!
[mention=267319]Jenki75[/mention], [mention=270421]gurinder kaur[/mention] and [mention=264268]Jellica[/mention] all applied in Nov 2018, so if they're already jumping ahead to 10th December, I really don't understand their priority system - very strange.
You would have though they'd share out the work in order but maybe they give piles of 20-30 visas to each processor, and then if you're in a pile of someone who is working really quickly, you'll get done early but if you're in a pile of complicated, slow cases, you might get done really late, despite other people getting done who applied after you.
Yeah the whole process seems so inconsistent and opaque. They should somewhere tell you what's going on with your case. Hopefully they clear the backlog soon. One thing I've noticed is the single applicants are processed sooner and are prioritized. One with dependents are 2nd and one with dependents and claiming points are the ones taking most time. As in my case since I'm claiming points for my wife experience, they've to verify all her employment, education and other docs too. The wait is taxing!

50 minutes ago, Joesline said:

woah. The processing time has climbed to 8-12 months...

Is it going to be low tide on the grants until the month of June?

It sounds bad, but I doubt it. The 8 month figure is for 75% of application to be completed and 12 months is for 90%.

If the case officer wasn't going to look at the application until the 8 month mark, then those figures are essentially saying 75% of application will get a direct grant after 8 months and 25% will either have CO contact or not have been looked at.

That is highly unlikely, as I don't think the DG rate is anywhere near 75%. It's far more likely that the first time a CO looks at it will be somewhere around the 3-5 month mark. Then any DGs will go through then and any cases that require contact would potentially start to extend towards the 8-12 month mark, depending on how quickly the reason for contact can be resolved and the CO picks it up again. I've seen some cases where someone has replied to a CO contact and got the grant a couple of days later and other where people have waited for months.

We all just have to keep our fingers crossed for a DG and hope that our application is in the pile that is getting worked on quickly

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Joesline said:

woah. The processing time has climbed to 8-12 months...

Is it going to be low tide on the grants until the month of June?

Its not a 8-12 month processing time. 75% are completed before the 8 month mark. Remember this includes people with more complex applications such as those with medical problems or some kind of criminal record.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, SALMATABBU said:

Hi All,

could someone please let me know what dates do DIBP consider? Is it Lodged date or Medical date or Medical results received date?

Because we lodged on 28Nov2018

Medical done on 07Dec2018

Medical results after 2 weeks - 20Dec2018.

20th dec

Edited by Gurpreet ghotra

On 18/03/2019 at 15:55, Kunal Aj said:

Hi Guys,

I think Whatsapp is more convenient. I have deactivated FB as soon as I have applied for 489visa (just to be safe) because in many case the CO check your social media networks. 

I have been added into a 489 group of India where almost 250 members are there who are already in Adelaide. Recently, due to no space to add more people they have started moving to Telegram.

Can anyone please tell me in which application the group has started??

Cheers!! 🙂

Um... and you are saying on an internet platform that you are hiding your social media network... 🤔

So that is some crazy stuff I heard. Went to meet my MA yesterday. When I asked him what is the current scenario about visa grant dates. He told me it's running at mid Nov'18. Additionally he told me that he has seen a grant of one of his lucky client who applied in January'19. So it's completely depends upon CO.

Really crazy!!! Isn't it!!  Fingers crossed!! 🤞🏻

Edited by Kunal Aj

6 minutes ago, Kunal Aj said:

So that is some crazy stuff I heard. Went to meet my MA yesterday. When I asked him what is the current scenario about visa grant dates. He told me that he has seen a grant of one of his client who applied in January'19. So it's completely depends upon CO.

Really crazy!!! Isn't it!!  Fingers crossed!! 🤞🏻

So the COs have a pile to work through, hopefully the pile your in is straightforward.

If your in a pile that things need checking up on then unfortunately your going to have to wait a little longer.

17th Oct invited to apply for a 489 Skilled State Nominated  (SA) Provisional visa.  

22nd Nov visa application for a 489 Skilled Regional Sponsored Visa  lodged  

19th Dec Medical done

Case office assigned 11th Feb and asked for UK police clearance (despite us living outside of uk for 17 years)

Visa granted 20th March - delighted!!

Best wishes to everyone with their application, I know it seem like forever but hang on in there

• Like 1
  • Congratulations 9

17th Oct invited to apply for a 489 Skilled State Nominated  (SA) Provisional visa.  

22nd Nov visa application for a 489 Skilled Regional Sponsored Visa  lodged  

19th Dec Medical done

Case office assigned 11th Feb and asked for UK police clearance (despite us living outside of uk for 17 years)

Visa granted 20th March - delighted!!

Best wishes to everyone with their application, I know it seem like forever but hang on in there

Congratulations and all the very best!