High Points for 489/190 - South Australia

Tickets booked! I leave the 12th May. I will be spending some time with family in Brisbane first then making my way to Adelaide.
Work have also offered to keep my job open in the UK for 12 months should it all go wrong. 
Awesome news Jetblast, so happy for you, hopefully we all wont be too far behind you.

Lovely touch from your employer, shame they dont have offices in Adelaide! a nice little touch to pop on your CV or mention in an interview [emoji6]
  • Like 2

Thanks guys!

I am not sure if it is a good idea to mention. It might put a new employer off as I will have any easy get-out plan and might make it look like im not committed? 

The CEO is writing me a testimonial I can put with my cover letter / CV so that should help. I also have a good one from my manager before that.

It is very generous of them. I am very grateful.

Edited by JetBlast

1 hour ago, JonandSophietravel said:

My last post appears to be hidden so apologies if this comes up twice:

Thanks, everyone for your well wishes!

If it's a direct grant, then I can't see how our flat sale would go through before the grant arrives. If there's any CO contact then who knows, but always with the crossed fingers.

Speaking of direct grants, I saw another on the 489 tracker that came through today

21st November - 117 day wait. Definitely looks like they are back on track to process grants in November now they're doing better with the backlog.  Sophie thinks we'll get the grant on 1st April - will see........ I'm literally checking the tracker and the SA spreadsheet three or four times a day at the moment to see if there's any updates.

@Manbo fingers crossed for you too, although the a 2 month grant seems unlikely. I think around the 4 month mark is currently a good basis to work from.

April fools, hoping ours comes in by then too...

4 hours ago, Manbo said:

Been on this thread silently for 6months. Have enjoyed seeing how you all work towards achieving same aim. Lodged mine 12th of Feb for visa. Expecting direct grant by the grace of God by next two months or so.

though wife is already based in Sydney. Looking forward to meeting all of you.

2 months does seem a little short, but if they get through the backlog in a hurry who knows what might happen.

54 minutes ago, JetBlast said:

Tickets booked! I leave the 12th May. I will be spending some time with family in Brisbane first then making my way to Adelaide.

Work have also offered to keep my job open in the UK for 12 months should it all go wrong. 

That's awesome of your employer to keep it open for you, not too many would do that.  Here's hoping everything is smooth sailing and you don't need to use that life-line.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jellica said:

We are trying to get our house on the market, but still a few jobs to do to make ut more appealing! Good luck J & S hopefully the 3 month brexit extension will steady the market ling enough for us both to sell emoji16.png

Lol if the EU accept it, but I imagine they will. That should just about do for us.

So happy for you @JetBlast . When do you think you'll arrive in Adelaide?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, JetBlast said:
19 hours ago, JonandSophietravel said:
Lol if the EU accept it, but I imagine they will. That should just about do for us.
So happy for you [mention=242357]JetBlast[/mention] . When do you think you'll arrive in Adelaide?

Probably mid June. Think I will be the second in the thread to arrive?

We are all flying out tomorrow afternoon! Last full day today in the UK! Snowing here in Glasgow so will be perfect contrast given its 30 degrees in Adelaide just now. Can't wait!

• Like 4
  • Congratulations 1

51 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

We are all flying out tomorrow afternoon! Last full day today in the UK! Snowing here in Glasgow so will be perfect contrast given its 30 degrees in Adelaide just now. Can't wait!

We look forward to a beer from you 🙂 Make sure you pop back in regularly with your experiences of housing, utilities, medicare... all the essentials 🙂

Morning all 🙂

I know there haven't been any new grants but just wanted to keep the waiting days up-to-date. Also adding an arrived column for when people confirm touchdown - easier for everyone to know when to organise parties and the like.

If there's anyone in this thread who would like to be added, please just shout your details and I'll add you 🙂

Finally, would it make sense to create a Whatsapp / Hangouts / Facebook Messenger group - easier to connect once we arrive? Prob best for one person to set it up and then receive PM from whoever wants to be in it (happy to organise), just so everyone's number isn't shared publicly on here.

Name                           Visa Status   Visa    Date Applied   Days  Est. Arrival       Fly to Aus                     Notes (optional)

Dan S                           GRANTED      ?          6 Mar 2018      291    4th March 19  ?

FIS                               GRANTED       ?          23 Oct 2018    93       April 19            ?   

Jetblast                       GRANTED      489     24 Oct 2018    80       April/May 19   ?

Jimbo                          GRANTED      489      30 Oct 2018    76      March 19         17th March 19

Jonno1981                 GRANTED      489      31 Oct 2018    129    ?                        ?                                    2 case officer contacts

SJA                              GRANTED      489      13 Nov 2018   80       ?                        ?

Renault                        WAITING        489      15 Nov 2018   122    ?                        ?

Jenki75                       WAITING        190      16 Nov 2018   121    ?                        ?

Gurinder Kaur             WAITING        190      22 Nov 2018   114    ?                        ?

Jellica                          WAITING        190      28 Nov 2018   109     ?                       ?

D32                              WAITING        489      30 Nov 2018   107     ?                       ?

JonandSophieTravel WAITING        489      14 Dec 2018   93       ?                       ?                              2 people. Lived in Adelaide in 2011

Leighmarsh151084  WAITING         190      14 Dec 2018   93       ?                       ?

Joseline                      WAITING        489       23 Jan 2019   53       ?                       ?

Sonia                           WAITING         ?           ?                       ?          ?                       ?

• Like 1

A group sounds good to me! I have tweaked my information and placed the table below.

Name                           Visa Status   Visa    Date Applied   Days  Est. Arrival       Fly to Aus                     Notes (optional)

Dan S                           GRANTED      ?          6 Mar 2018      291    4th March 19  ?

FIS                               GRANTED       ?          23 Oct 2018    93       April 19            ?   

Jetblast                       GRANTED      489     24 Oct 2018    80       June 19           12th May                    Arrive in Brisbane first and SA following month

Jimbo                          GRANTED      489      30 Oct 2018    76      March 19         17th March 19

Jonno1981                 GRANTED      489      31 Oct 2018    129    ?                        ?                                    2 case officer contacts

SJA                              GRANTED      489      13 Nov 2018   80       ?                        ?

Renault                        WAITING        489      15 Nov 2018   122    ?                        ?

Jenki75                       WAITING        190      16 Nov 2018   121    ?                        ?

Gurinder Kaur             WAITING        190      22 Nov 2018   114    ?                        ?

Jellica                          WAITING        190      28 Nov 2018   109     ?                       ?

D32                              WAITING        489      30 Nov 2018   107     ?                       ?

JonandSophieTravel WAITING        489      14 Dec 2018   93       ?                       ?                              2 people. Lived in Adelaide in 2011

Leighmarsh151084  WAITING         190      14 Dec 2018   93       ?                       ?

Joseline                      WAITING        489       23 Jan 2019   53       ?                       ?

Sonia                           WAITING         ?           ?                       ?          ?                       ?

54 minutes ago, JonandSophietravel said:

Morning all 🙂

I know there haven't been any new grants but just wanted to keep the waiting days up-to-date. Also adding an arrived column for when people confirm touchdown - easier for everyone to know when to organise parties and the like.

If there's anyone in this thread who would like to be added, please just shout your details and I'll add you 🙂

Finally, would it make sense to create a Whatsapp / Hangouts / Facebook Messenger group - easier to connect once we arrive? Prob best for one person to set it up and then receive PM from whoever wants to be in it (happy to organise), just so everyone's number isn't shared publicly on here.

Jetblast                       GRANTED      489     24 Oct 2018    80       April/May 19   ?

Kunal Aj                       WAITING           489 SA       06 Dec 2018

Hii Buddy, I have added my details in this post. Kindly do the needful. Cheers!!

Would be a great initiative to create whatsapp group for everyone. Love to be a part of it..

Regards!!

Thanks, @Kunal Aj. I've added you.

I think Whatsapp is a good shout too. @Joesline, I had a look at discord and don't think I'd like to register for it based on some of the reviews, sorry. 

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/discordapp.com

Name                           Visa Status Visa  Date Applied    Days  Est. Arrival       Fly to Aus               Notes (optional)

Dan S                           GRANTED    ?         06 Mar 2018    291    March 19         ?

FIS                               GRANTED     ?         23 Oct 2018    93       April 19            ?   

Jetblast                       GRANTED    489    24 Oct 2018    80       June 19           12th May 19             Arrive in Brisbane first and SA following month

Jimbo                          GRANTED    489    30 Oct 2018    76       March 19         17th March 19

Jonno1981                 GRANTED    489    31 Oct 2018    129     ?                        ?                                 2 case officer contacts

SJA                              GRANTED    489    13 Nov 2018    80       ?                        ?

Renault                        WAITING      489    15 Nov 2018    122    ?                        ?

Jenki75                       WAITING      190    16 Nov 2018    121     ?                        ?

Gurinder Kaur             WAITING      190    22 Nov 2018    114                           ?

Jellica                          WAITING      190    28 Nov 2018    109     ?                       ?

D32                              WAITING      489    30 Nov 2018    107     ?                       ?

Kunal Aj                       WAITING      489    06 Dec 2018    101     ?                       ?

JonandSophieTravel WAITING      489    14 Dec 2018    93       ?                       ?                                2 people. Lived in Adelaide in 2011

Leighmarsh151084  WAITING       190    14 Dec 2018    93       ?                       ?

Joseline                      WAITING       489    23 Jan 2019    53       ?                       ?

Sonia                           WAITING       ?         ?                         ?          ?                       ?