High Points for 489/190 - South Australia

11 minutes ago, Jellica said:

Hi Mark,

My understanding is that SA will assess you based on their occupations list and conditions as they stood the day you submitted your application. So changes after that shouldnt affect your sponsorship chances.

I think this again happens the day you submitt your visa application - so you are assessed on the points you qualify for on the day you submit the visa Application.

Hope this helps - not quite 100% on this so anyone else want to correct me, go ahead emoji16.png

Thanks Jellica

Would it effect me if I had state nomination but hadn't lodged my visa application yet?

Thanks Jellica
Would it effect me if I had state nomination but hadn't lodged my visa application yet?
Only if your points drop I think, you must still qualify for the same points you claimed for State Sponsorship.

SA will sponsor you on their rules from the date you submitted to them, and once they have sponsored you - so long as you still qualify for the same points when you submit your visa application then I'm pretty sure your all good [emoji4]

4 hours ago, Lavers said:

Morning all I have a question if anyone can answer it please.

I submitted my EOI to SA & skillselect 2 weeks ago for a 190 visa, if any rules change regarding my trade or points during this time would that make my EOI void?

Also if my EOI gets accepted and again anything changed before I submitted my visa application would that stop my application?

Thanks

Mark

Hi..

They have specifically mentioned on their portal that those who are waiting for invite or visa grant (at this point of time) will not be adversely affected (as these changes will  came into effect from 15 march ' 19).

Regards..

Hi All,

We have lodged 489 SA visa on 28th Nov 2018 with 85 points. The status shows "Received" .

But when I checked the attach documents, I can see there is Required field, do I need to update it ? But there is no request or CO contact about the same.

Not sure what is this 60 maximum documents. Please help.

image.png.a716cc234473ed7f0f984c9a8c58d7c6.png

Hi All,

We have lodged 489 SA visa on 28th Nov 2018 with 85 points. The status shows "Received" .

But when I checked the attach documents, I can see there is Required field, do I need to update it ? But there is no request or CO contact about the same.

It's probably not the right thread for questions like this. Best start a new one I think.

1 minute ago, JetBlast said:
5 minutes ago, SALMATABBU said:

Hi All,

It's probably not the right thread for questions like this. Best start a new one I think.

Sure will start a new one. Thank you

Sooooooo we've decided to put our flat on the market before we've got the visa.
Crazy risky I know but we really want to avoid the reduced buyer numbers in the summer and the delay that doing all the marketing and conveyancing would have if we waited for the Visa, which could still be months away.
And we pretty much outgrew it last year but haven't moved as been waiting for Aus so whatever happens we need to leave.
Fingers crossed

• Like 5

Crazy risky I know but we really want to avoid the reduced buyer numbers in the summer and the delay that doing all the marketing and conveyancing would have if we waited for the Visa, which could still be months away.
And we pretty much outgrew it last year but haven't moved as been waiting for Aus so whatever happens we need to leave.
Fingers crossed
Good luck with it guys! Hopefully everything falls in place and you have a smooth transition. Godspeed.
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, JonandSophietravel said:

Fingers crossed

I think it’s the right decision. Hope you find a buyer fast. 

Our conveyencer called today to say they’re expecting contracts to be exchanged on our property next week or the week after. I’ve requested a 2 week delay from exchange to completion, which should be enough time to get John Mason’s in.

It’s manic round ours at the moment. Boxing stuff up to ship, selling items we don’t want to take, and throwing crap we’ve accumulated over the years (a skip will be required!!!). All this whilst keeping our 3 year old son entertained!!!

I’ll hand my notice into work the same day we exchange contracts. I’m supposed to give them a month, but I’m hoping they let me go early as they are aware of my intention to emigrate. 

So all being well we will be leaving UK late April/early May. The intention is to make a few stops in Europe first for a couple of weeks, then head over to Darwin, hire a car and spend 3-4 weeks travelling down the east coast all the way to Adelaide. 

Edited by Jonno1981
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Congratulations 1

Fingers crossed
Best of luck!
  • Thanks 1

I think it’s the right decision. Hope you find a buyer fast. 
Our conveyencer called today to say they’re expecting contracts to be exchanged on our property next week or the week after. I’ve requested a 2 week delay from exchange to completion, which should be enough notice to get John Mason’s in.
It’s manic round ours at the moment. Boxing stuff up to ship, selling items we don’t want to take, and throwing crap we’ve accumulated over the years (a skip will be required!!!). All this whilst keeping our 3 year old son entertained!!!
I’ll hand my notice into work the same day we exchange contracts. I’m supposed to give a months notice, but I’m hoping they let me go early as they are aware of my intention to emigrate. 
So all being we will be leaving UK late April/early May. The intention is to make a few stops in Europe first for a couple of weeks, then head over to Darwin, hire a car and spend 3-4 weeks travelling down the east coast all the way to Adelaide. 
I am meeting at work tomorrow to discuss what's happening - there have been some developments and I will post these tomorrow. I will be going at a similar time to you. Hoping to book flights tomorrow!
  • Like 2

On 14/03/2019 at 12:59, JonandSophietravel said:

Fingers crossed

All the very best bro. Hope we all will get Visa Grants ASAP. Cheers!! 🙂

• Thanks 1

Been on this thread silently for 6months. Have enjoyed seeing how you all work towards achieving same aim. Lodged mine 12th of Feb for visa. Expecting direct grant by the grace of God by next two months or so.

though wife is already based in Sydney. Looking forward to meeting all of you.

• Like 4

On 14/03/2019 at 07:29, JonandSophietravel said:

Fingers crossed

All the best, hope it all goes to plan for you.

• Thanks 1

My last post appears to be hidden so apologies if this comes up twice:

Thanks, everyone for your well wishes!

If it's a direct grant, then I can't see how our flat sale would go through before the grant arrives. If there's any CO contact then who knows, but always with the crossed fingers.

Speaking of direct grants, I saw another on the 489 tracker that came through today

21st November - 117 day wait. Definitely looks like they are back on track to process grants in November now they're doing better with the backlog.  Sophie thinks we'll get the grant on 1st April - will see........ I'm literally checking the tracker and the SA spreadsheet three or four times a day at the moment to see if there's any updates.

@Manbo fingers crossed for you too, although the a 2 month grant seems unlikely. I think around the 4 month mark is currently a good basis to work from.

Tickets booked! I leave the 12th May. I will be spending some time with family in Brisbane first then making my way to Adelaide.
Work have also offered to keep my job open in the UK for 12 months should it all go wrong. 
Awesome. That's really a generous move from your work place. Hope you dont have to. Good luck and hope to see you soon!
  • Like 1