High Points for 489/190 - South Australia

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone.

Saw the visa times for 489 have gone up to 10 / 15 :(

We're now just over a month into TRA and still nothing. Not expecting anything for another month or two though.

How's everyone getting on? Fingers crossed SA will be back down to 9 to 10 by the time we can apply. Lots of good news coming out about SA wanting more immigration too.

Jon

Hey everyone.

Saw the visa times for 489 have gone up to 10 / 15 :(

We're now just over a month into TRA and still nothing. Not expecting anything for another month or two though.

How's everyone getting on? Fingers crossed SA will be back down to 9 to 10 by the time we can apply. Lots of good news coming out about SA wanting more immigration too.

Jon
It's 15 - 20 weeks actually! Urgh!

I applied with SA 6 weeks ago. No news yet.

Good luck with your skills assessment!

Waiting .... waiting .... at least we are in line!

We have had the same email as you Jonno from SA.

fingers crossed the processing times reduce for when you apply J&S, at one point last year it was 1-2 weeks, so you never know, you might catch us up once your skills assessment comes through :)

9 minutes ago, JetBlast said:

I don't know if it is me or not but I think the visa processing times have also increased. 10 - 15 months for the 489. I have a feeling it was less than that before?

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/about/access-accountability/service-standards/global-visa-citizenship-processing-times

I think it was 7-9 months previously. Nothing worth having ever comes easy does it!!!

Edited by Jonno1981

• 2 weeks later...
On what planet is that 15 - 20 weeks?
I'm hoping its just an overestimation to stop all the queries they are getting.

I noticed the 9-10 weeks for those that applied before 1st July disappeared a couple of weeks ago - I'm assuming they were all processed by that point which seemed ahead of schedule ...

so tempted to look at other visas... meh!

25 minutes ago, JetBlast said:

I was more thinking in terms of being accepted. If there are less people applying for the same occupation code does that mean there is lesser chance of being rejected due to less competition?

Does that make sense?

My occupation was one that turned red quickly (the day after I applied!!!). I believe SA simply shut the gate once the quota has been filled and if all those applicants meet the criteria they get sponsored. 

Edited by Jonno1981