High Points for 489/190 - South Australia

Posted in another thread. "Hi all, just thought to update, we have been granted today. Direct grant:) applied on 5th November. I took less thn 4 months. I hope all you waiting, get grant asap. Wish me luck;) a new journey is going to start I am exited and nervous at the same time:)"
Ah man things really seem to be slowing down. Seems to be going from 2-3 months for October applications to around 4 months for November. Hope it's not gonna keep going up.
We're on low volume of applications! Surely they should be bashing them out and catching up. I've seen loads of 189s processed too. Their priorities don't make sense. The regional cities have been crying for more migration!

22 minutes ago, Renault said:

Posted in another thread. "Hi all, just thought to update, we have been granted today. Direct grant:) applied on 5th November. I took less thn 4 months. I hope all you waiting, get grant asap. Wish me luck;) a new journey is going to start I am exited and nervous at the same time:)"

Congratulations @Renault.

Ah man things really seem to be slowing down. Seems to be going from 2-3 months for October applications to around 4 months for November. Hope it's not gonna keep going up.
We're on low volume of applications! Surely they should be bashing them out and catching up. I've seen loads of 189s processed too. Their priorities don't make sense. The regional cities have been crying for more migration!
Yeah. I really dont get where's the hold up. If there is less demand for the regional visas, the waiting time shouldn't be this much. It's difficult to experience the wait!

On 26/02/2019 at 21:44, JonandSophietravel said:

HENLEY BEACH CREW - NEW LIST

I've gone through quite a lot of this thread trying to find information, but still have a couple of gaps. Please do fill more of you own details, correct any mistakes I might have made and post again. I've extrapolated some of the dates from the wait times so they might be a day or two off. Hopefully the formatting will be easy to keep the same.

Name                                 Visa Status          Visa Type        Date Applied        Days Wait      Est. Arrival               Notes (optional)

Dan S                                 GRANTED             ?                        6 Mar 2018            291                4th March 2019       

FIS                                     GRANTED              ?                        23 Oct 2018          93                   April 2019                

Jetblast                             GRANTED             489                   24 Oct 2018          80                   April/May 2019        

Jimbo                                GRANTED             489                   30 Oct 2018          76                   March 2019   

Jonno1981                       GRANTED             489                   31 Oct 2018          129                 ?                                   2 case officer contacts

SJA                                    GRANTED             489                   13 Nov 2018         80                   ?

Renault                              WAITING               489                   15 Nov 2018         103                 ?

Jenki75                             WAITING               190                   16 Nov 2018         102                 ?

Gurinder Kaur                   WAITING               ?                        22 Nov 2018         95                   ?

Jellica                                WAITING               190                   28 Nov 2018         90                   ?

D32                                    WAITING               489                   30 Nov 2018         88                   ?

JonandSophieTravel       WAITING               489                   14 Dec 2018         74                   ?                                   2 people. Lived in Adelaide in 2011 for 7 months

Leighmarsh151084        WAITING                190                   14 Dec 2018         74                   ?

Joseline                            WAITING               489                    23 Jan 2019          34                   ?

Sonia                                 WAITING                ?                        ?                              ?                      ?

That's a great work.

The application status is showing as RECEIVED in my Immi account.

What would be the timeline for Visa grant after submitting medical and PCC?????? 

My details are as following.

• Occupation: 312911 - Maintenance Planner, Visa: State-sponsored (SA) 489 visa.
  • Points: 70 = Age (30), Qualification (15), Experience (5), Language (10), SA 489 (10)
  • Passed PTE: 9,7,7,7: 28/06/2018, VETASSESS application lodged: 07/08/2018, VETASSESS positive result: 10/08/18
  • SkillSelect EOI lodged: 17/08/18SA application lodged: 20/08/18, SA acceptance: 01/11/18
  • Visa lodged: 06/12/18Visa acceptance: ???, Arrive in Adelaide: ???

I can imagine [mention=273552]Renault[/mention] pulling hair at the number of days counting to the wait.... 
True That! I sometimes get Friday blues, thinking the week is over and still the grant hasn't arrived. Imagine Friday Blues :( . Hope it comes soon!
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Renault said:
3 hours ago, Joesline said:
I can imagine [mention=273552]Renault[/mention] pulling hair at the number of days counting to the wait.... 

True That! I sometimes get Friday blues, thinking the week is over and still the grant hasn't arrived. Imagine Friday Blues 😞 . Hope it comes soon!

Ha ha I hate Fridays too because I know its Saturday there and they are closed. I Look forward to Sundays because it's Monday for them. 108 days now and I feel the longer we wait the easier it is getting, as long as I keep seeing people getting a grant I know they are working. 

Edited by Jenki75
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Jenki75 said:

Ha ha I hate Fridays too because I know its Saturday there and they are closed. I Look forward to Sundays because it's Monday for them. 108 days now and I feel the longer we wait the easier it is getting, as long as I keep seeing people getting a grant I know they are working. 

I agree that it's nice to see them getting granted. Although 489 seems to have hit a wall in November. Nothing on any tracker that I can see beyond 10th November and that's been there for a long while now. So many 189s on immi tracker though. We are regional!!! Help us help Adelaide!!!!

• Like 3

17 hours ago, JonandSophietravel said:

I agree that it's nice to see them getting granted. Although 489 seems to have hit a wall in November. Nothing on any tracker that I can see beyond 10th November and that's been there for a long while now. So many 189s on immi tracker though. We are regional!!! Help us help Adelaide!!!!

Really hope you guys get some positive news soon.🤞

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 04/03/2019 at 06:16, Renault said:
On 04/03/2019 at 06:07, JonandSophietravel said:

Yeah. I really dont get where's the hold up. If there is less demand for the regional visas, the waiting time shouldn't be this much. It's difficult to experience the wait!

Hopefully good news is just around the corner for you Renault 🤞

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JetBlast said:

Not yet but I will be booking this week.

We used dial-a-flight. Used them every time weve went to Adelaide. They pricematch sky scanner etc. We have always booked with a chap called Danny who has always been really helpful especially seeing as we've had 2 little ones in tow. Got us an excellent deal from Glasgow - Dubai - Adelaide. Was weird only booking one way tho!😲

My journey is finally about to start! Submitting my skills assessment in a few days, just waiting for a few more documents to come back from previous employers.  Most of the forms and information is already uploaded.  Will send it on a priority so it does not take 3 months to come back.  Booked pearsons academic English test for the 28th of this month.

Hopefully they accept my previous role as my "training time" so my "skills" date is my start date of my current job and that will give me exactly 80 points, otherwise will have to wait till September if they take a year off my current role for training.  If it all goes well should be able to submit my EOI around the start / Mid April, worst case September.  Still a little nervous about the skills assessment, my role is really larger than the role applied for just hope they accept what I will send them.

I hope you guys start to get grants, I don't really understand it.  the website is showing no time due to low applications yet some of you have been waiting 100+ days.

Are you guys planning on buying a house over there? just read you need to pay an extra fee to buy a house on a 489 visa.  Its just the thought of paying rent for 3-4 years seems a large waste of money rather than paying off a mortgage. 

• Like 1

I will be renting for awhile before buying a house in Australia. Maybe in the long run, but not for now. 
I think the extra charges temporary residents have to pay will make it difficult to buy a house on the 489. Prob will wait until get permanent Visa and try then.

Will need that time to save up for a deposit most likely too as only owned for the last few years so wont be getting too much out of the house sale.

We bought with a 5% deposit in the UK and it's expected to have at least 20% in Aus or you have to pay a lot more.