2 minutes ago, SALMATABBU said:

Hi Experts,

we have applied for 489 SA with 85 points

Primary Applicant : System Administrator, PTE 10 points

Secondary Applicant: System Analyst, PTE 10 points

Received Invitation : 29-Oct-2018

Visa Lodged- 28-Nov-2018

Medical - 07-Dec-2018

In the IMMI account it shows Received, could you please let us know how long will it take to get the grant.

Hi SALMATABBU,

None of us are experts on this thread but happy to share our knowledge and experiences.

No one can tell you how long it will take to get the grant (or even if you will get a grant at all) but if you look at the thread that I've just shared, you'll be able to see how a few of us are getting on and how long we've been waiting for. My IMMI shows as "Received" too.

5 minutes ago, JonandSophietravel said:

Hi SALMATABBU,

None of us are experts on this thread but happy to share our knowledge and experiences.

No one can tell you how long it will take to get the grant (or even if you will get a grant at all) but if you look at the thread that I've just shared, you'll be able to see how a few of us are getting on and how long we've been waiting for. My IMMI shows as "Received" too.

Thank you for the prompt reply. Hope everyone must get the invitation and grants:)

2 hours ago, JonandSophietravel said:

Yeah I think that's a great idea.

Many people have it in their signature but having it all together will help. There are a couple of bigger spreadsheets that have hundreds of people on but it'll be nice to keep one just for us. I'll have a browse through and see if I can make something quick in a bit that isn't an external spreadsheet but can easily be viewed on here....

37 minutes ago, JonandSophietravel said:

HENLEY BEACH CREW - NEW LIST

I've gone through quite a lot of this thread trying to find information, but still have a couple of gaps. Please do fill more of you own details, correct any mistakes I might have made and post again. I've extrapolated some of the dates from the wait times so they might be a day or two off. Hopefully the formatting will be easy to keep the same.

Name                                 Visa Status          Visa Type        Date Applied        Days Wait      Est. Arrival               Notes (optional)

Dan S                                 GRANTED             ?                        6 Mar 2018            291                4th March 2019       

FIS                                     GRANTED              ?                        23 Oct 2018          93                   April 2019                

Jetblast                             GRANTED             489                   24 Oct 2018          80                   April/May 2019        

Jimbo                                GRANTED             489                   30 Oct 2018          76                   March 2019   

Jonno1981                       GRANTED             489                   31 Oct 2018          129                 ?                                   2 case officer contacts

SJA                                    GRANTED             489                   13 Nov 2018         80                   ?

Renault                              WAITING               489                   15 Nov 2018         103                 ?

Jenki75                             WAITING               190                   16 Nov 2018         102                 ?

Gurinder Kaur                   WAITING               ?                        22 Nov 2018         95                   ?

Jellica                                WAITING               190                   28 Nov 2018         90                   ?

D32                                    WAITING               489                   30 Nov 2018         88                   ?

JonandSophieTravel       WAITING               489                   14 Dec 2018         74                   ?                                   2 people. Lived in Adelaide in 2011 for 7 months

Leighmarsh151084        WAITING                190                   14 Dec 2018         74                   ?

Joseline                            WAITING               489                    23 Jan 2019          34                   ?

Sonia                                 WAITING                ?                        ?                              ?                      ?

@JonandSophietravel Awesome work! 🙂 🙂 🙂 Thank you so much for your time and effort, its very kind of you to compile this list as it will give everyone a fair idea of how things are going on at the moment. Cheers!

22 hours ago, JetBlast said:

Today I was supposed to have my procedure on my eye. After that there was nothing stopping me going to Australia.

Hospital cancelled. emoji31.pngemoji31.png

I am back on the waiting list. God knows how long it will be.

@JetBlastSorry to hear about the cancellation, you may also look at getting it done outside the country or even after arriving in SA if possible, depending on the urgency of the matter.

[mention=254435]JonandSophietravel[/mention] Awesome work! [emoji846] [emoji846] [emoji846] Thank you so much for your time and effort, its very kind of you to compile this list as it will give everyone a fair idea of how things are going on at the moment. Cheers!
There is absolutely no consistency in the number of days to get the grant. It's been 103 days now. My agent says ICT/IT profiles are getting grants, but less known occupations like mine is taking more time. Not sure if there's any merit in his point.

14 minutes ago, Renault said:

There is absolutely no consistency in the number of days to get the grant. It's been 103 days now. My agent says ICT/IT profiles are getting grants, but less known occupations like mine is taking more time. Not sure if there's any merit in his point. 

Thanks for sharing, that was just my humble suggestion as it does give me an idea of how everyone in the group is progressing. 🙂

11 hours ago, JonandSophietravel said:

I've gone through quite a lot of this thread trying to find information, but still have a couple of gaps. Please do fill more of you own details, correct any mistakes I might have made and post again. I've extrapolated some of the dates from the wait times so they might be a day or two off. Hopefully the formatting will be easy to keep the same.

Name                                 Visa Status          Visa Type        Date Applied        Days Wait      Est. Arrival               Notes (optional)

Dan S                                 GRANTED             ?                        6 Mar 2018            291                4th March 2019       

FIS                                     GRANTED              ?                        23 Oct 2018          93                   April 2019                

Jetblast                             GRANTED             489                   24 Oct 2018          80                   April/May 2019        

Jimbo                                GRANTED             489                   30 Oct 2018          76                   March 2019   

Jonno1981                       GRANTED             489                   31 Oct 2018          129                 ?                                   2 case officer contacts

SJA                                    GRANTED             489                   13 Nov 2018         80                   ?

Renault                              WAITING               489                   15 Nov 2018         103                 ?

Jenki75                             WAITING               190                   16 Nov 2018         102                 ?

Gurinder Kaur                   WAITING               ?                        22 Nov 2018         95                   ?

Jellica                                WAITING               190                   28 Nov 2018         90                   ?

D32                                    WAITING               489                   30 Nov 2018         88                   ?

JonandSophieTravel       WAITING               489                   14 Dec 2018         74                   ?                                   2 people. Lived in Adelaide in 2011 for 7 months

Leighmarsh151084        WAITING                190                   14 Dec 2018         74                   ?

Joseline                            WAITING               489                    23 Jan 2019          34                   ?

Sonia                                 WAITING                ?                        ?                              ?                      ?

Thanks,highly appreciated.I applied for 190,so you can update for me.

Thanks Gurinder! Updated for today 🙂

Name                           Visa Status   Visa    Date Applied   Days  Est. Arrival           Notes (optional)

Dan S                           GRANTED      ?          6 Mar 2018      291    4th March 2019       

FIS                               GRANTED       ?          23 Oct 2018    93       April 2019                

Jetblast                       GRANTED      489     24 Oct 2018    80       April/May 2019        

Jimbo                          GRANTED      489      30 Oct 2018    76      March 2019   

Jonno1981                 GRANTED      489      31 Oct 2018    129    ?                              2 case officer contacts

SJA                              GRANTED      489      13 Nov 2018   80       ?

Renault                        WAITING        489      15 Nov 2018   104    ?

Jenki75                       WAITING        190      16 Nov 2018   103    ?

Gurinder Kaur             WAITING        190      22 Nov 2018   96      ?

Jellica                          WAITING        190      28 Nov 2018   91      ?

D32                              WAITING        489      30 Nov 2018   89       ?

JonandSophieTravel WAITING        489      14 Dec 2018   75       ?                              2 people. Lived in Adelaide in 2011 for 7 months

Leighmarsh151084  WAITING         190      14 Dec 2018   75       ?

Joseline                      WAITING        489       23 Jan 2019   35       ?

Sonia                           WAITING         ?           ?                       ?          ?

• Like 3

The last update I had from my MA was from 10 days ago and she said that they're currently working on 489 applications from mid-November. That doesn't really tell estimated timescales but I'm still expecting the 8-10 month figure you've been quoted is the 75% - 90% figure.

Therefore, if we all get direct grants, they would come considerably sooner than 8 months. But if the case officer needed contact, send extra forms etc. then that's probably what pushes it closer to those timescales.

It's clear they're not working within the 75-90 day direct grant timescales that they were when Jimbo & Jetblast got theirs, for example, as Renault is already over 100. However, it might still just be down to good luck or bad luck. If your visa application is at the bottom of a pile of really quick visa applications, then it could be a matter of days. If it's a the bottom of a pile of delayed, complicated ones, it might be much longer. Who knows. I try not to worry any more and just get on with life, assuming it's going to come through in the next month or so.

[mention=254435]JonandSophietravel[/mention] yeah, I saw the excel update and they are at the stage granting visa like last week for submission in Nov 2018. 
I doubt. As per the immi tracker and mine own case, feel they're still in the 2nd week of Nov. In the immi tracker it hasn't moved beyond 10th Nov (unless people have not updated)

29 minutes ago, Renault said:
1 hour ago, Joesline said:
[mention=254435]JonandSophietravel[/mention] yeah, I saw the excel update and they are at the stage granting visa like last week for submission in Nov 2018. 

I doubt. As per the immi tracker and mine own case, feel they're still in the 2nd week of Nov. In the immi tracker it hasn't moved beyond 10th Nov (unless people have not updated)

yeah I am not sure in particular which week of November are they at.

But when I was checking, the last updated date was granted last week and they are at the stage of granting people that submitted the visa in Nov 2018. There are no records of granting the VISA had go beyond submission for Nov 2018.

Edited by Joesline

yeah I am not sure in particular which week of November are they at.
But when I was checking, the last updated date was granted last week and they are at the stage of granting people that submitted the visa in Nov 2018. There are no records of granting the VISA had go beyond submission for Nov 2018.
My MA also confirmed with what you have just said also Joseline.
She has had contact for end of November on some of their applications.
Hopefully things move on a little now.

7 minutes ago, leighmarsh151084 said:

My MA also confirmed with what you have just said also Joseline.
She has had contact for end of November on some of their applications.
Hopefully things move on a little now.

Yeah I was going by IMMI tracker as showing early Nov but it's great news if your agent has said they're contacting end of Nov now. Hopefully will get a grant within a month 🙂

• Like 1

On 26/02/2019 at 16:14, JonandSophietravel said:

We're arriving 17th March! If anyone else is arriving around then feel free to give me a shout. Hopefully I'll be able to help the other guys who are arriving throughout the year as I'll have been there for a while.

• Like 5

Hi 

Any Retail buyers here in the group ? Occupation code(639211)

I have positive skill assessment

below are my points

Age - 28yrs  30points

Qualification - Bachelors - 15points

Experience - 3yrs - 5points

PTE - 79plus in all modules - 20 points

SA high point category my occupation s dropped in Sep

based in above points 

Any chances for me ? 

Experts pleaese advice 

Thanks in Adance

4 hours ago, Joyal said:

Hi 

Any Retail buyers here in the group ? Occupation code(639211)

I have positive skill assessment

below are my points

Age - 28yrs  30points

Qualification - Bachelors - 15points

Experience - 3yrs - 5points

PTE - 79plus in all modules - 20 points

SA high point category my occupation s dropped in Sep

based in above points 

Any chances for me ? 

Experts pleaese advice 

Thanks in Adance

It seems like 489 visa is open for this occupation code but under special condition.

We are just a bunch of visa applicants hanging out here to share our experiences, so the information that we are exposed to might be limited.  

If there is complication or complexity that you think exist in your profile, it's best to seek advice with a professional like a Migration Agent.

Edited by Joesline

Somenody posted in another thread. "Hi all, just thought to update, we have been granted today. Direct grant:) applied on 5th November. I took less thn 4 months. I hope all you waiting, get grant asap. Wish me luck;) a new journey is going to start I am exited and nervous at the same time:)"

• Congratulations 1