High Points for 489/190 - South Australia

Hello,
I have just applied under High Points category. What are the possible reasons for rejection ?
Hi Peter,

Welcome :)

If you meet all the criteria set out on the SA website and the 489 Visa website, meet the points requirement, wrote a decent SA statement, can back up your claims and have uploaded all the relevant evidence, then you should be fine.

Did you apply with an agent? If so they should have made sure everything was in order. If not, as long as you went over everything you should be ok.

14 hours ago, JonandSophietravel said:

You've inspired us to kick it up a gear. As you've got yours now, I'm feeling really positive about ours now. We were going to wait until after the visa grant to start sorting on the flat and put it on the market but we're going to start selling and charitying everything and get the flat professionally cleaned ready for viewings. Even if it takes another couple of months to get the grant, it'll take a while to sell and complete so should work out nicely.

And our flat is tiny and over-stuffed, so gonna put a load of stuff in storage too. That will definitely help 🙂

And if everything goes to hell, we have wanted to move from here for ages anyway..... Please god don't let that happen but still.

I’ve just noticed our first entry date is specified as 14th June 2019!!! I’m pretty sure we didn’t start requesting police/medicals until October/November 2018. I thought we were supposed to get 12 months from date of earliest...???

It doesn’t affect us as we will head over before June anyway, but it’s a good job we sold our house already or we would have had to go on a validation holiday at extra cost.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JetBlast said:

Sorry about the alate reply - really busy at work at the moment so working long hours. 

Congratulations! When do you think you will make the move?

Thanks @JetBlast,

For some unknown reason we have to make first entry by 14th June!!!??? I’m going to ask my MA about this as I believe we submitted our initial police check around October/November 2018. 

Anyway, it doesn’t really affect our plans, which are to hopefully leave UK April/May, travel a bit of Europe for 2-3 weeks, then fly to Darwin. We then intend to hire a car and spend 3-4 weeks travelling through Northern Territory, Queensland, NSW, Victoria, and finally South Australia. 

4 hours ago, Jenki75 said:

Keep us posted on what you find out about the entry date. Very interesting that it's June. 

I’ve just been told it’s to do with my wife’s past TB. She’s been given a health issue clearance, which is only valid for 6 months from when she did her medical. She has to enter Australia and get checked out medically within the first 4 weeks.

It’s lucky I decided to sell our house when I did otherwise this could’ve resulted in an additional trip over to Australia.

• Like 1

I’ve just been told it’s to do with my wife’s past TB. She’s been given a health issue clearance, which is only valid for 6 months from when she did her medical. She has to enter Australia and get checked out medically within the first 4 weeks.
It’s lucky I decided to sell our house when I did otherwise this could’ve resulted in an additional trip over to Australia.
They seem to be funny about TB. It's not just in recent times either.

My Aunty and Uncle have lived in Australia for 40 years. At first they got refused as my Aunty had TB when she was a child. They sent the department of immigration a letter laying it on thick saying how upset they are and how they thought they could contribute to Australia. They got a letter back saying they changed their mind and the visa had been granted. Those days are long gone now. I can't see that working now.
  • Like 1

They seem to be funny about TB. It's not just in recent times either.

My Aunty and Uncle have lived in Australia for 40 years. At first they got refused as my Aunty had TB when she was a child. They sent the department of immigration a letter laying it on thick saying how upset they are and how they thought they could contribute to Australia. They got a letter back saying they changed their mind and the visa had been granted. Those days are long gone now. I can't see that working now.
@JetBlast what entŕy date did you get ?

Out of interest how may of you used agents?  really stuck to see if its worth the extra cost.

Just getting all my documents together for the skills assessment and have to hope they take my old job as the qualifying year for work otherwise will have to wait another 5 months until I can lodge the EOI due to needing the points for 5 years experience.

Hopefully can see some of you on the beach in under a year!

Out of interest how may of you used agents?  really stuck to see if its worth the extra cost.
Just getting all my documents together for the skills assessment and have to hope they take my old job as the qualifying year for work otherwise will have to wait another 5 months until I can lodge the EOI due to needing the points for 5 years experience.
I used an agent. If I made a mistake $4,000 is an expensive one!

I can recommend one if you like?

We havent used an agent so far, I got an initial assessment and it told me less than I'd already researched and it cost £80 and we were quoted £6,000 to complete the application!

So I've just took each stage as it comes, thinking I could get an agent involved if I feel I'm out of my depth.

Work assessment and State Sponsorship done no problem and Visa application submitted so we'll see if I've saved us £6,000 or created a big mess very soon hopefully.

I guess it depends how complex your case is and how comfortable you are completing the forms, paperwork and navigating the strange system.

Good luck whatever you decide [emoji16]

We havent used an agent so far, I got an initial assessment and it told me less than I'd already researched and it cost £80 and we were quoted £6,000 to complete the application!

So I've just took each stage as it comes, thinking I could get an agent involved if I feel I'm out of my depth.

Work assessment and State Sponsorship done no problem and Visa application submitted so we'll see if I've saved us £6,000 or created a big mess very soon hopefully.

I guess it depends how complex your case is and how comfortable you are completing the forms, paperwork and navigating the strange system.

Good luck whatever you decide [emoji16]
£6k!!

I paid nothing like that!
  • Like 1