High Points for 489/190 - South Australia

We are at the 23 days' mark, and waiting to collect our local Police COC and going for the medical assessment next week.

Husband studied in Australia before, so there is an additional step to also request for the police coc from Australia. The certificate from Australia is done but international post requires 10-20 working days. 😅 

Edited by Joesline

We are on day 91. It's all we can think about. I check the immi account and refresh it once it turns 9am in Adelaide. I also follow my immi tracker and see how many c/o contacts there are and how many Grant's. It is awful waiting!

4 of us on the application, so I would imagine it will take them a while to assess (3 over 18yrs and 1 under).

Edited by Jenki75
  • Like 1

soooo, with todays updates though I'd update Jetblast's tracker [emoji16]

Dan S - GRANTED - Arriving 4 March
Jimbo - GRANTED - est Arrival March
FIS - GRANTED - est Arrival April
Jetblast - GRANTED - est Arrival April/May
SJA - GRANTED
Jonno1981 - Waiting Day 107
Jenki75 - Waiting Day 91
Renault - Waiting Day 90
Gurinder Kaur - Waiting Day 84
Jellica - Waiting Day 79
D32 - Waiting Day 77
Jonandsophietravel - Waiting Day 63
Leighmarsh151084 - Waiting Day 60
Joesline - Waiting Day 23
Sonia - Waiting Day ??

• Like 8

I don't know if anyone have noticed, but it seems that the COs are working on clearing up the backlog.

About 3 weeks ago they were working on many applications lodged in the end of October/beginning of November... and they suddenly stopped. Now I see allot of processed application from June, July and August, but none from November.

I hope they get back on track as soon as possible. 

• Like 3

soooo, with todays updates though I'd update Jetblast's tracker [emoji16]

SJA - GRANTED
Jonno1981 - Waiting Day 107
Jenki75 - Waiting Day 91
Renault - Waiting Day 90
Gurinder Kaur - Waiting Day 84
Jellica - Waiting Day 79
D32 - Waiting Day 77
Jonandsophietravel - Waiting Day 63
Leighmarsh151084 - Waiting Day 60
Joesline - Waiting Day 23
Sonia - Waiting Day ??

Love this update :)

Sophie just had a thought. Are we having one big party on Henley beach most likely around Christmas 2019 so that all/most of us can make it (potentially very expensive for Dan or Jimbo).

Or the first few can have a meet up when 3 or 4 from our thread have arrived. And then can do add-on meet ups as more of us make it there. Like a welcome to Adelaide party every time some new makes it? And we can share the beer cost!
  • Like 4

Love this update :)

Sophie just had a thought. Are we having one big party on Henley beach most likely around Christmas 2019 so that all/most of us can make it (potentially very expensive for Dan or Jimbo).

Or the first few can have a meet up when 3 or 4 from our thread have arrived. And then can do add-on meet ups as more of us make it there. Like a welcome to Adelaide party every time some new makes it? And we can share the beer cost!

The latter sounds good. As sad as it sounds I will be on my own so I will be craving a social. Ha

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JonandSophietravel said:

That would be a great way to welcome new arrivals.

• Like 4

On 15/02/2019 at 23:53, D32 said:

I don't know if anyone have noticed, but it seems that the COs are working on clearing up the backlog.

About 3 weeks ago they were working on many applications lodged in the end of October/beginning of November... and they suddenly stopped. Now I see allot of processed application from June, July and August, but none from November.

I hope they get back on track as soon as possible. 

Just saw a visa grant that came through today on the spreadsheet - direct grant and applied on Nov 10th, so 100 days. Hopefully, this means they're still moving forward as well as clearing the backlog.

Maybe Jonno, Jenki and Renault won't be too far to go......

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, JonandSophietravel said:

Just saw a visa grant that came through today on the spreadsheet - direct grant and applied on Nov 10th, so 100 days. Hopefully, this means they're still moving forward as well as clearing the backlog.

Oh I hope so. 

Searches are being done on our house, which will take around 12 weeks to complete. Be nice to have the visa before exchange of contracts so we can relocate direct to Australia. 

Edited by Jonno1981

12 hours ago, JonandSophietravel said:

I hope they get back on track and gain some speed!

To all of you planning to travel from the UK - have you picked a transport company for your belongings? 

2 minutes ago, Jonno1981 said:

Cheers, yes this morning.

Yes the gamble paid off, PHEW!!!

You've inspired us to kick it up a gear. As you've got yours now, I'm feeling really positive about ours now. We were going to wait until after the visa grant to start sorting on the flat and put it on the market but we're going to start selling and charitying everything and get the flat professionally cleaned ready for viewings. Even if it takes another couple of months to get the grant, it'll take a while to sell and complete so should work out nicely.

And our flat is tiny and over-stuffed, so gonna put a load of stuff in storage too. That will definitely help 🙂

And if everything goes to hell, we have wanted to move from here for ages anyway..... Please god don't let that happen but still.

• Like 1

Updated List~! 

SJA - GRANTED 
Jonno1981 - GRANTED
Jenki75 - Waiting Day 94
Renault - Waiting Day 93
Gurinder Kaur - Waiting Day 87
Jellica - Waiting Day 82
D32 - Waiting Day 80
Jonandsophietravel - Waiting Day 66
Leighmarsh151084 - Waiting Day 63
Joesline - Waiting Day 26
Sonia - Waiting Day ??

• Like 2

Yeah i saw that too.fingers crossed