High Points for 489/190 - South Australia

Hi guys, sorry, lil bit off thd topic..can anyone explain what does this mean?

Occupation is listed as special conditions apply and also additional requirements mentioned. Does iut nean we hv to take the intersection of these 2 categories?i.e nt available for highpoints,nt available for chain migration,only available for SA graduates?

Additional RequirementsSkills Assessment Authority261313Software EngineerProficient English (or Proficient Plus overall); Offshore applicants Provisional 489 visa only; Not available for high points nomination 6/7/18; Not available for chain migration nomination 6/7/18

Hi guys, sorry, lil bit off thd topic..can anyone explain what does this mean?
Occupation is listed as special conditions apply and also additional requirements mentioned. Does iut nean we hv to take the intersection of these 2 categories?i.e nt available for highpoints,nt available for chain migration,only available for SA graduates?
Additional RequirementsSkills Assessment Authority261313Software EngineerProficient English (or Proficient Plus overall); Offshore applicants Provisional 489 visa only; Not available for high points nomination 6/7/18; Not available for chain migration nomination 6/7/18

Not 100% sure what your asking... hopefully this helps a little

Both the Chain Migration and High Points categories open up a longer list of occupations for SA state sponsorship, the supplementary skills list, they are explained here on the website:

https://www.migration.sa.gov.au/skilled-migrants/nomination-process/skilled-nomination-requirements/chain-migration-family-member-in-south-australia

https://www.migration.sa.gov.au/skilled-migrants/nomination-process/skilled-nomination-requirements/high-points

your occupation is already on their primary state nominated list so you wouldnt need either Chain Migration or High Points anyway...

Looks like you need Proficient English and 70 points and can only apply for the 489 from offshore and their is a link to additional information that you should read.

This is all copied and pasted off the migration.SA website where all the information you need about obtaining state sponsorship is available - you would be better reading that first hand. [emoji3]

Just an update. I am looking at going April / May time. Just trying to see how it will all fit in.
Cheers
Exciting stuff, good luck with all the planning, its gonna be a busy few months for you. We were hoping for May but it all depends on the visa .... and it still says RECEIVED! meh! I guess as ling as we get it eventually, all good [emoji16]
  • Like 2

Exciting stuff, good luck with all the planning, its gonna be a busy few months for you. We were hoping for May but it all depends on the visa .... and it still says RECEIVED! meh! I guess as ling as we get it eventually, all good [emoji16]
@jelica When did you lodge your Visa application?

Thanks @JetBlast and @JonandSophietravel, I read the thread about PTE just after I posted on here.  I will go down that route.  Will look to do the PTE start of March and then send off for the skills mid March, might pay for the priority check to speed things up.  I do not think I will front load as we have so much to sort out if we do get accepted.

I really hope they don't increase points to 85+ that would be very hard to achieve. 

Thanks for the info about contacting my job, hopefully they don't but if they do will deal with it.  Might end up unemployed knowing my directors!  I had not read that they needed references as well, just thought it was your main job.

There does seem to be a crazy difference in waiting times, some seem to get EOI in a week and some takes months.

My role is not on the main list but the secondary list, would that matter?  I could apply under another role on the main list but its stretching my job responsibilities a little more than I am comfortable with.

Thanks [mention=242357]JetBlast[/mention] and [mention=254435]JonandSophietravel[/mention], I read the thread about PTE just after I posted on here.  I will go down that route.  Will look to do the PTE start of March and then send off for the skills mid March, might pay for the priority check to speed things up.  I do not think I will front load as we have so much to sort out if we do get accepted.
I really hope they don't increase points to 85+ that would be very hard to achieve. 
Thanks for the info about contacting my job, hopefully they don't but if they do will deal with it.  Might end up unemployed knowing my directors!  I had not read that they needed references as well, just thought it was your main job.
There does seem to be a crazy difference in waiting times, some seem to get EOI in a week and some takes months.
My role is not on the main list but the secondary list, would that matter?  I could apply under another role on the main list but its stretching my job responsibilities a little more than I am comfortable with.

What list are you looking at?

If they do increase to 85+ it will drop again in July. But there is a small chance they might take it off.

The closet role would be a corporate service manager on the supplementary list (high points to qualify), from the state list I could apply for supply and distribution manager as I deal with all the purchasing for our company but do not have 3 managers that work for me in this regard.  Does it make a difference which list you apply for? do they prefer skills from the state list?  My job title does not really 100% fit into any role but bits of my role overlap into a few jobs on the skills list.

I have been at this company for 5 years 6 months, got a BSc degree (operations) 15+ years ago and a MBA 8 years ago.

@Renault we applied on 28th Nov so still early days but I'm just ready to go, so being impatient! haha
@Offtooz we applied through the high points category no problem and SA seemed to just process in order of submission, if you meet their criteria, they sponsor you - not like alot of other states who pick and choose. Thats our experience anyway

Is anyone else going crazy waiting for their visa grant???!!! 

Honestly I don’t think a minute goes by without me thinking about it 😩.

I’ve coped up till this point by focusing on the process, but now all that is left to do is wait and it’s driving me nuts!!!

Edited by Jonno1981

Is anyone else going crazy waiting for their visa grant???!!! 
Honestly I don’t think a minute goes by without me thinking about it [emoji30].
I’ve coped up till this point by focusing on the process, but now all that is left to do is wait and it’s driving me nuts!!!
[emoji3516]. 90 days and counting [emoji52][emoji53] . I've also included my wife in the application and claimed points for her as well. Guess that's why it's taking bit longer. Anyone else with similar situation?

1 minute ago, Renault said:

emoji3516.png. 90 days and counting emoji52.pngemoji53.png . I've also included my wife in the application and claimed points for her as well. Guess that's why it's taking bit longer. Anyone else with similar situation?

107 days for us. Wife and child included, but no additional points claimed. 

48 minutes ago, leighmarsh151084 said:
1 hour ago, Jonno1981 said:
107 days for us. Wife and child included, but no additional points claimed. 

Have you had any form on CO contact Jonno? I'm only on day 60 and starting to drive me nuts already haha.

Yes, first one in early December (medical & police) and again in January (wife’s medical declaration).

Edited by Jonno1981

We atleast we might hear something soon then, just with CO contact atleast you know it's been looked at. The not hearing a thing is the worse.
Unless it comes as a direct grant. Then I would prefer not hearing. but irrespective they should let you know if your case is looked into or not.

4 hours ago, Renault said:

emoji3516.png. 90 days and counting emoji52.pngemoji53.png . I've also included my wife in the application and claimed points for her as well. Guess that's why it's taking bit longer. Anyone else with similar situation?

Hi Renault,

Can we claim points which were not claimed at the time of invitation?My husband has skill his skill assessed, but we did'nt claimed points while filing visa due to the fear of  refusal  because of mismatch between two applications.Anyways waiting for direct grant ,uoloaded everything, filed visa on 23November.Thanks in advance

Hi Renault,
Can we claim points which were not claimed at the time of invitation?My husband has skill his skill assessed, but we did'nt claimed points while filing visa due to the fear of  refusal  because of mismatch between two applications.Anyways waiting for direct grant ,uoloaded everything, filed visa on 23November.Thanks in advance
No. Points are locked at time of invite. They can't go up or down.

Once you have an invite there is no benefit of claiming extra points anyway.

Hi Renault,
No you can't. As far as I'm aware, while applying for grant you should be able to justify what's in your eoi. Secondly it won't add any value, as your how kuch points you have only matter until you get invite.once you get the invite dont think points play major role.

12 minutes ago, Renault said:
1 hour ago, gurinder kaur said:

Hi Renault,

No you can't. As far as I'm aware, while applying for grant you should be able to justify what's in your eoi. Secondly it won't add any value, as your how kuch points you have only matter until you get invite.once you get the invite dont think points play major role.

Thanks for the reply

We've been away on hols for the last 2 weeks and fly back tomorrow. Still cant stop thinking about even with holiday distractions.

We're on 63 days currently. Feels like 63 weeks. I think the hardest thing is that it's still not guaranteed. I mean there's really no reason why any of us won't get the grant but you can never be certain until it's in your hand.