High Points for 489/190 - South Australia

6 hours ago, Jonno1981 said:

Congrats!!! 

Did you front load everything? 

We submitted 31st October, but have had two CO contacts since, one in December and another in January. I'm hoping we get the grant this month, the suspense is killing me!!!

Hi Jonno...yes front loaded everything. .I am sure you will hear soon! 2 subsequent case officer contacts itself looks very promising...Good luck!!

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Jonno1981 said:

I decided to put our house on the market last week as I felt it would reduce the lag time from visa grant to emigrating. I expected it to take at least a few months to sell, possibly 6-9, but I got an offer I couldn't refuse within 2 days!!! I've been told it will take around 12 weeks for the council searches so I'm hoping the grant will come through before we have to move out so we can head straight to Oz. If it doesn't come through before, I will most likely rent somewhere for 6 months or do a short term AirB&B.  

It's a gamble as we may not even get the visa, but I'm comfortable with that as we will just look to purchase another house in the UK.

I'm thinking the same. Our flat is a small, starter, one bedroom place but it's got a great location and a parking spot in the city center. It theoretically should be easy to sell but who knows what's coming round the corner... Even if everything fell through, we'd be looking to move so might start the cleanup process and then list soon.

• Like 1

Just going to try and summarise peoples progress.

I am not sure about @Renault & @Dan.S and sorry if I have missed anyone. its quite a long thread so hard to keep track!

I will keep updating this as things progress.

JetBlast - Granted
JonandSophietravel   - Applied Waiting For Grant
leighmarsh151084 -  Applied Waiting For Grant
Jenki75  - Applied Waiting For Grant
Renault - Not Sure
Jellica - Applied Waiting For Grant
Dan.S - Not sure
Jonno1981  - Applied Waiting For Grant
Jimbo - Granted
Joesline - Applied Waiting For Grant
FIS -  Granted

Edited by JetBlast

Just going to try and summarise peoples progress.
I am not sure about@Renault &@Dan.S and sorry if I have missed anyone. its quite a long thread so hard to keep track!
I will keep updating this as things progress.

JetBlast - Granted
Renault - Not Sure
Dan.S - Not sure
Jimbo - Granted
FIS -  Granted
@jetblast. Hello there! Mine is awaiting grant as well. Visa Lodged date was 15th Nov
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mercury said:

How long it took to get invite and after that to get visa grant?

The website indication for SA invitation is on average 5 weeks. However, I had my invitation after 16 days which is about two weeks. So I guess its within a time frame of 5 weeks and depend on the information you have provided to determine if it is straightforward for a quick processing. Also, I heard from the rest that the processing time during festive season was slow so the average time for processing would change as time goes by. It would be better if you go to this link for the latest update:- https://www.migration.sa.gov.au/resources/processing-times

As for the visa grant, I am unable to provide any reliable information since I haven't gotten to that stage. But based on what my agent had told me, she was looking at probably 4-5 months. And according to this tracker here:- https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1e6B4RJHJVbPbDXBSUh8sLP3WshvdIetq5f4hheTJQic/edit#gid=1908430159 , its saying 7-8 months. So I guess its probably between 4-8 months and also depending on the information you had submitted as well. 

Hope this helps. 😃

• Like 1

JetBlast - Granted
Renault - Applied Waiting For Grant
Dan.S - Not sure
Jimbo - Granted
FIS -  Granted

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Joesline said:

The website indication for SA invitation is on average 5 weeks. However, I had my invitation after 16 days which is about two weeks. So I guess its within a time frame of 5 weeks and depend on the information you have provided to determine if it is straightforward for a quick processing. Also, I heard from the rest that the processing time during festive season was slow so the average time for processing would change as time goes by. It would be better if you go to this link for the latest update:- https://www.migration.sa.gov.au/resources/processing-times

As for the visa grant, I am unable to provide any reliable information since I haven't gotten to that stage. But based on what my agent had told me, she was looking at probably 4-5 months. And according to this tracker here:- https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1e6B4RJHJVbPbDXBSUh8sLP3WshvdIetq5f4hheTJQic/edit#gid=1908430159 , its saying 7-8 months. So I guess its probably between 4-8 months and also depending on the information you had submitted as well. 

Hope this helps. 😃

Thanks for the info and congrats to everyone who got the grant

On ‎01‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 16:22, Jonno1981 said:

I decided to put our house on the market last week as I felt it would reduce the lag time from visa grant to emigrating. I expected it to take at least a few months to sell, possibly 6-9, but I got an offer I couldn't refuse within 2 days!!! I've been told it will take around 12 weeks for the council searches so I'm hoping the grant will come through before we have to move out so we can head straight to Oz. If it doesn't come through before, I will most likely rent somewhere for 6 months or do a short term AirB&B.  

It's a gamble as we may not even get the visa, but I'm comfortable with that as we will just look to purchase another house in the UK.

I've also just accepted an offer in the house. hoping to be out there end of March - catch some of the summer!

• Like 2
  • Congratulations 1

Hello everyone,

First of all I would like to mention that I have been following this forum since page 8... so for a few months, but have just decided to join the conversation.

My wife and I have been trying to immigrate to Australia for about 2 years - mainly due to several IELTS fails, waiting for high points to drop and etc.

We have lodged our application on the 30th of November and have been eagerly waiting for an email literally every day (I know...it might take forever...).

Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself and wish everyone who is waiting for a grant a very good luck!

I hope to be able to contribute to the feed with any information I have currently gathered :)

• Like 2

One bad day at work and I will be heading over!

Have you looked at places to live?
I have looked at heaps of amazing places, we are considering being a bit crazy and buying from the UK! Be nice to land and start settling, hopefully Brexit doesn't ruin our chances of selling up!

Hello everyone,
First of all I would like to mention that I have been following this forum since page 8... so for a few months, but have just decided to join the conversation.
My wife and I have been trying to immigrate to Australia for about 2 years - mainly due to several IELTS fails, waiting for high points to drop and etc.
We have lodged our application on the 30th of November and have been eagerly waiting for an email literally every day (I know...it might take forever...).
Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself and wish everyone who is waiting for a grant a very good luck!
I hope to be able to contribute to the feed with any information I have currently gathered :)
Welcome :)

getting to be quite a group of us all headed for SA! I think you've just added another Beer to this steadily increasing first round for the first to get there! haha
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, D32 said:

Hello everyone,

I hope to be able to contribute to the feed with any information I have currently gathered 🙂

Welcome! Hope you get it soon too! 

Hello everyone,
Good luck with your application. When did you lodge your visa application and for which occupation?
  • Like 1

Thank you all - I would gladly join the "beet bet"!

We have submitted our application on the 30th of November 2018 - occupation "jewellery designer". 

Could I ask the group how many payslips and bank statements have they uploaded with their application? I'm a bit concerned that I haven't uploaded a great number of those...

• Like 1

We have submitted our application on the 30th of November 2018 - occupation "jewellery designer". 
Could I ask the group how many payslips and bank statements have they uploaded with their application? I'm a bit concerned that I haven't uploaded a great number of those...
My agent only asked for my most recent payslip. Not bank statement.

You're welcome to join us!
  • Like 1

After reading my work emails this evening I decided to look at jobs. I have seen one I like and will give it a shot.

I doubt I will get it as I won't be in the country. However it will give me some practise and will be a good opportunity to get my CV in order.

If I am lucky I can get a flight for £550!

• Like 2

13 hours ago, JetBlast said:

After reading my work emails this evening I decided to look at jobs. I have seen one I like and will give it a shot.

I doubt I will get it as I won't be in the country. However it will give me some practise and will be a good opportunity to get my CV in order.

If I am lucky I can get a flight for £550!

I had been eyeing on the flight fare from Singapore to Adelaide , still hawking for a "two for one" deal from SIA. 

17 hours ago, D32 said:

My agent haven't asked me for bank statements but they did request for current three months' payslip.