High Points for 489/190 - South Australia

Sophie's occupation is a watchmaker, which is only available on the secondary list so there's no indication of the colour coding. However looking at the official gov data, there were no applications last year at all for any visa category under watchmaker so hopefully, they'll see us and be like, wow that's weird.

Have you been to Adelaide before? Head straight to Henley beach and that can be where we laughing about it one day. Henley is awesome and that's where we're looking at renting a place when we arrive (fingers crossed)

Sophie's occupation is a watchmaker, which is only available on the secondary list so there's no indication of the colour coding. However looking at the official gov data, there were no applications last year at all for any visa category under watchmaker so hopefully, they'll see us and be like, wow that's weird.
Have you been to Adelaide before? Head straight to Henley beach and that can be where we laughing about it one day. Henley is awesome and that's where we're looking at renting a place when we arrive (fingers crossed)
I have been. I used to work for SunCorp on my working holiday visa and I briefly visted.

Where are you guys based in the UK?

Henley beach is beautiful, we drove across from Melbourne and were really taken with Mount Gambier, thinking of getting away from big cities for a while after growing up in Manchester.

so we have some Southerners and Northerners, I guess we'll all be POMs once we get to Oz! haha! where do you hail from Jetblast??
I am from near Manchester. Are you in the area still?

I will also be leaving home at the same time! I am 27 and should have moved out earlier. But I have been delaying moving out because of the Australia thing. I am going to turn up with my suitcases and nothing else. Iam independent so I should be fine.

I have family in Brisbane but that's a long way from Adelaide. However I am very close to them and see them more often than relatives who live around the corner. So it will be closer them so not so bad.

The plus side with your situation is that you have plenty of time for the visa process. I am itching to go. I need to get cracking with the next chapter in my life.

What occupation are you going under? I have gone under Network Administrator. (Despite being an IT Manager in real life!)

Ahh this has been two years in the planning already, we were waiting for 8 years experience to pass in June and we both feel like in limbo, decision is made and we're planning to go as fast as we can manage after the visa comes in. I was hoping to get over before Christmas but all these processing times are putting us back, I'd rather do a double summer than a double winter!

It's been about 3 for me. I started by getting myself qualified in my job (I didn't go to college or University when I left school). That wasn't too much of a problem. But it took way too long to do my PTE I struggled with that. I nearly gave up.

The job description thing is weird. I was previously assed in a higher position as a Network Engineer. That requires 80 points for SA. I changed to the lower position as Network Administrator and that requires 70 points. Not logical in my opinion.

In December I get 5 more points so I guess that helps.

Christmas might not be the best time to go anyway. Doesn't the Australian summer holiday usually mean a reduction in recruitment?

I didn't think about settling in. I plan to stay with my relatives in Brisbane for a month or so. Gives me time to get over the jet lag and have a general rest. It also lets me to get online and start to find a place to live.

What part of South Australia do you have in mind?

We'll end up near the hospital my fella gets a job in, as we are awful commuters. but we have been looking at Mount Gambier as its beautiful and 2 hours drive from some relatives we have living just inside Victoria.... we'll see

I'll be interested to see when we both finally get sponsorship since we submitted on the same day, I'll keep you posted [emoji16]

Whoever gets processed first should buy the other a drink when we both finally get there. [emoji6]

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 15/07/2018 at 10:46, Jellica said:

How's everyone getting on? we've just put our EOI in and our application to South Australia for State Sponsorship ... 9-10 weeks processing time, so now we wait! fingers crossed ?

We spent ages writing a 2 page commitment statement only to find a character limit of 500 on the application! A small paragraph! Argh, anyhoo, all submitted now

Jonandsophie - fingers crossed your skills assessment comes in faster ?

@Jellica It has been 1 month! It has gone quite quickly, I thought it would drag.

If it takes 20 weeks thats 20% done and 26% (ish) if it takes 15 weeks.

[mention=264268]Jellica[/mention] It has been 1 month! It has gone quite quickly, I thought it would drag.
If it takes 20 weeks thats 20% done and 26% (ish) if it takes 15 weeks.
Argh! i know, I log in daily ... so fed up of seeing the words LODGED and SUBMITTED! Interesting to see it as percentages :)

6 hours ago, Jellica said:

Argh! i know, I log in daily ... so fed up of seeing the words LODGED and SUBMITTED! Interesting to see it as percentages ?

We lodged just as the processing time went up. In theory we should be closer to the older processing time frames.

3 hours ago, JetBlast said:

We lodged just as the processing time went up. In theory we should be closer to the older processing time frames.

I hope you're correct. We lodged ours 11th July so it will be 6 weeks next Wednesday. I fear we may well be in the 15-20 week bracket even though the processing times were 9-10 weeks when we lodged as it is after the 1st July cut off. Struggling to think about anything else at this point ?.

And after this we have to wait 6-7months for the 190 or 7-10months for the 489... Im thinking if we are lucky enough to get the visa in these timescales then a couple of months to tie up loose ends, its looking like a year till the big move!

a year of having your life on hold! gah! but at least we are in the queue ;)