High Points for 489/190 - South Australia

All,  received the grant. Planning to move in April 19. Any view about network engineer jobs. I search on some sites and found that recruiter specially ask " Those who have PR must apply".
Please share your thoughts. Looks like they prefer candidates with permanent residency visa.
Congratulations!

I think they are using it as a generic term. If you explain you have the right to work and live in Australia you will be fine. I think it's to stop people applying who have nothing at all.

I am considering using my CCNP and going for network jobs. I am also an experienced manager so might do that. I am not sure yet.

Have you looked at areas to live?

29 minutes ago, FIS said:

All,  received the grant. Planning to move in April 19. Any view about network engineer jobs. I search on some sites and found that recruiter specially ask " Those who have PR must apply".

Please share your thoughts. Looks like they prefer candidates with permanent residency visa.

Congratulations. 

When did you submit your visa application?

14 hours ago, JetBlast said:

Congratulations!

I think they are using it as a generic term. If you explain you have the right to work and live in Australia you will be fine. I think it's to stop people applying who have nothing at all.

I am considering using my CCNP and going for network jobs. I am also an experienced manager so might do that. I am not sure yet.

Have you looked at areas to live?

No I didn't. My friend who is in Melbourne, will contact there friend in Adelaide to make this enquiry. I am thinking to make a move with family post Easter.

when you are planning, might be we will in touch there.

My agent told me it would probably take around 4-5 months.
But not sure though.
Anyway, we are now to proceed with doing our medical checkup and request for the police clearance certificate. 
Yeah. We can do what we can! Good luck with your medicals and Police clearance.

2 minutes ago, Renault said:
11 minutes ago, Joesline said:
My agent told me it would probably take around 4-5 months.
But not sure though.
Anyway, we are now to proceed with doing our medical checkup and request for the police clearance certificate. 

Yeah. We can do what we can! Good luck with your medicals and Police clearance.

Thanks. 😃

I've been watching the tracker and the 189 are being pumped out, they had 14 grants on Jan 31st. Hopefully the 190 starts to move in February, its been slow going for grants this month.
Hi,

Can you please point me in the direction as to where I can view the tracker. I'm also waiting for a 190 grant, so be interesting to view.

Thanks

I've been filling my time with figuring out best shipping methods. I've decided on upac we ship because we are only bringing our sectional and big furniture pieces. No electronics or appliances as they don't work from Canada to Australia. I think it will kill us to move some of the bedroom furniture, but hey I can hire a couple of strong movers for $25 an hour so should be good.I bought some packing materials on Amazon the other day.

The other thing I've been working on is getting my house ready to sell, the market is terrible. So many layoffs in the oil and gas sector over the past few years and it continues! Worst thing is I have to update the kitchen as it's a competitive market (lots of listings), house prices continue to fall.  Just had my hardwood floor refinished last week so moving in the right direction. Painter comes in February to freshen the place up.  Then I contacted a pet mover and got a quote (I've used them before), but I won't start that until the visa is in hand (hopefully before June). So many things to do, but I wish that visa would hurry along and then I can really get on with things.

Hope everyone else's plans are coming a long!

4 hours ago, SJA said:

Our 489s have been granted today!!! Still feels a bit unreal.Lodged on 13/11/2018. To those waiting, hang in there, it wont be long!!!!

Congrats!!! 

Did you front load everything? 

We submitted 31st October, but have had two CO contacts since, one in December and another in January. I'm hoping we get the grant this month, the suspense is killing me!!!

Edited by Jonno1981

21 hours ago, Jenki75 said:

The other thing I've been working on is getting my house ready to sell, the market is terrible. So many layoffs in the oil and gas sector over the past few years and it continues! Worst thing is I have to update the kitchen as it's a competitive market (lots of listings), house prices continue to fall.  Just had my hardwood floor refinished last week so moving in the right direction. Painter comes in February to freshen the place up.  Then I contacted a pet mover and got a quote (I've used them before), but I won't start that until the visa is in hand (hopefully before June). So many things to do, but I wish that visa would hurry along and then I can really get on with things.

Hope everyone else's plans are coming a long!

I decided to put our house on the market last week as I felt it would reduce the lag time from visa grant to emigrating. I expected it to take at least a few months to sell, possibly 6-9, but I got an offer I couldn't refuse within 2 days!!! I've been told it will take around 12 weeks for the council searches so I'm hoping the grant will come through before we have to move out so we can head straight to Oz. If it doesn't come through before, I will most likely rent somewhere for 6 months or do a short term AirB&B.  

It's a gamble as we may not even get the visa, but I'm comfortable with that as we will just look to purchase another house in the UK.

Edited by Jonno1981
  • Like 2
  • Congratulations 2