High Points for 489/190 - South Australia

43 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Hi all,

We got our visas granted yesterday. Applied 30/10 granted 14/01 so quick timescale which hopefully is encouraging for others who are waiting.

Full steam ahead now!

Congratulations @Jimbo

We applied around the same time and had second contact with CO today asking my wife to fill in form 815 (health declaration).

Hoping we don’t get another delay as a result of this because I have a feeling we would have received the grant today.

Edited by Jonno1981

9 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Hi all,

We got our visas granted yesterday. Applied 30/10 granted 14/01 so quick timescale which hopefully is encouraging for others who are waiting.

Full steam ahead now!

Ccongrats Jimbo,awesome news.Could you tell please which visa is granted 489 or 190?

Edited by gurinder kaur

19 hours ago, JetBlast said:

Im going to make a little tracker so we can see our progress easy and possible candidates for drinks when be get there. 🙂
Is the below complete? Sorry If I have missed anyone? Apologies if I have this thread is getting lengthy and hard to track.

@JetBlast
@JonandSophietravel
@leighmarsh151084
@Jenki75
@Renault
@Jellica

@Dan.S
@Jonno1981

I'd love to be added too, we are waiting for CO to be assigned

3 hours ago, gurinder kaur said:

Ccongrats Jimbo,awesome news.Could you tell please which visa is granted 489 or 190?

Thanks Gurinder. It was the 489 which was granted and I applied via the high points pathway. Occupation was engineering technologist.

Just a quick question...My Australian police check shows my maiden and married name. The Canadian one finally came today, even though I asked them to search unnder both my maiden and married name the Certificate only displays my Married name. Does anyone have experience with this, do your police checks show both names?

Edited by Jenki75

No deal = exchange rate ruined! 
I have just moved some money over before the exchange rate changes in the morning.
Makes sense, although everyone knew the deal wasnt going to pass so it has settled again this morning. If we leave with no deal in March the pound will take a thumping. But if article 50 is extended I reckon the pound will bump up a bit.

I dont want to start a Brexit debate. Hell no! But happy to chat about exchange rates :)
  • Like 2

All,  received the grant. Planning to move in April 19. Any view about network engineer jobs. I search on some sites and found that recruiter specially ask " Those who have PR must apply".

Please share your thoughts. Looks like they prefer candidates with permanent residency visa.

• Like 2
  • Congratulations 1