High Points for 489/190 - South Australia

No sorry, should of explained better. We waited 3 weeks for the EOI invite and now lodged visa. Do you know what visa grant time scale is ATM? Does it differ going down SA 190 route, or?

Thanks
I had my 489 granted in 80 days. However I read they are prioritising 489 over 190 at the moment. I am not sure how true that is though.

Thank you for your response. We are only on day 31 so still a long way off then. Congrats on your grant.
We are on day 47 for the 190 ... fully front loaded and I think a few others are too

Booo! to the idea that they are processing the 489 faster although the 489 used to take longer amd the published times for both 190 and 489 are currently the same!

for an idea, Jenki and Jonandsophie posted the link to a tracker for SA sponsored visas - I think its the first post on page 31 or 32 of this thread :)

We are on day 47 for the 190 ... fully front loaded and I think a few others are too

Booo! to the idea that they are processing the 489 faster although the 489 used to take longer amd the published times for both 190 and 489 are currently the same!

for an idea, Jenki and Jonandsophie posted the link to a tracker for SA sponsored visas - I think its the first post on page 31 or 32 of this thread :)

We just have to undertake medicals which are booked in for this Saturday in Sutton Coldfield. Police checks and form 80 has already been done. So hope it's the last bit we have to do. It's been a bloody rollercoaster like I'm sure it has been for everyone else. Fingers crossed for everyone who is waiting for a grant.
  • Like 1

They've requested additional support documentation for work experience on two separate occasions, then our police checks expired. So 3 delays. They could have asked for the additional info in one go, but hey... it just the way it goes sometimes. 
Ahh.. that's frustrating! But glad all of that's behind you now. :)

7 hours ago, leighmarsh151084 said:
7 hours ago, JetBlast said:
I had my 489 granted in 80 days. However I read they are prioritising 489 over 190 at the moment. I am not sure how true that is though.

Thank you for your response. We are only on day 31 so still a long way off then. Congrats on your grant.

Hi Leigh!

We applied on 14th Dec for 489 so look to be on almost the same timescales as you. We did our medicals a week ago and they appeared on the immi account within a few days, so you'll have them up there in no time.

Here is the link again if you didn't want to scroll back:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1e6B4RJHJVbPbDXBSUh8sLP3WshvdIetq5f4hheTJQic/edit#gid=1908430159

I have it open on my chrome and refresh every morning 🙂

If you were to get the grant in March, which is what we're hoping for, when do you think you'd head over to Adelaide?

• Like 1

Hi Leigh!
We applied on 14th Dec for 489 so look to be on almost the same timescales as you. We did our medicals a week ago and they appeared on the immi account within a few days, so you'll have them up there in no time.
Here is the link again if you didn't want to scroll back:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1e6B4RJHJVbPbDXBSUh8sLP3WshvdIetq5f4hheTJQic/edit#gid=1908430159
I have it open on my chrome and refresh every morning [emoji846]
If you were to get the grant in March, which is what we're hoping for, when do you think you'd head over to Adelaide?
Hi Jon and Sophie.

Thanks for your reply. Fingers crossed if everything goes ok we are looking at November. We want to finish the kids school years and also have a house to sell. Oh and also my sister in law has her wedding in September.

What about you? How was the medicals? I'm quite nervous about them for some reason. I've no health related issues and haven't been to the doctor's for about 10 years it just seems it's the last hurdle of 8 months hard work.

Thanks

4 minutes ago, leighmarsh151084 said:

Hi Jon and Sophie.

Thanks for your reply. Fingers crossed if everything goes ok we are looking at November. We want to finish the kids school years and also have a house to sell. Oh and also my sister in law has her wedding in September.

What about you? How was the medicals? I'm quite nervous about them for some reason. I've no health related issues and haven't been to the doctor's for about 10 years it just seems it's the last hurdle of 8 months hard work.

Thanks

November makes sense! We're hoping for August but we have a city center flat that should sell fairly quickly and no weddings to attend 🙂 We have cats instead of kids and they'll end up costing us over £5,000 but they're worth it. They're indoor and always have been s no issues with Australia's hatred of roaming cats.

We were nervous about the medicals too, as we're a bit overweight but the doctor didn't even mention that at all. Said everything was fine 🙂 

November makes sense! We're hoping for August but we have a city center flat that should sell fairly quickly and no weddings to attend [emoji846] We have cats instead of kids and they'll end up costing us over £5,000 but they're worth it. They're indoor and always have been s no issues with Australia's hatred of roaming cats.
We were nervous about the medicals too, as we're a bit overweight but the doctor didn't even mention that at all. Said everything was fine [emoji846] 
If I had my way and we got the golden grant then I would love to go straight away, but just trying to be a lil bit more realistic.

Have you looked at any suburbs you like at all?

Thanks for the link, I was just having a little look. There's been some very quick grants on there.

How long do the medicals take?

If I had my way and we got the golden grant then I would love to go straight away, but just trying to be a lil bit more realistic.

Thanks for the link, I was just having a little look. There's been some very quick grants on there.

When you say take - what do you mean please? The actual medical itself?

37 minutes ago, leighmarsh151084 said:

Welcome to the forum,

For us 2 adults and 2 teens our medical with the doctor took 1 1/2 hours, then we went to the lab for the blood draw & urine, it was busy so it took 2 hrs. Then we did the X-ray the next day and it was quite quick only took 30 mins for all 4 of us.

Suburbs we have been thinking about are Aberfoyl Park area or Mount Barker

Edited by Jenki75

2 minutes ago, JetBlast said:

i am wondering what resources did you use to research suburbs please?

Homely was a good site for suburb reviews. I also looked at google maps as I want to have older trees. https://www.homely.com.au

I also have been looking at the rentals, we have 2 small dogs and we have been a bit spoiled in the bathroom department as we are used to 3.5 bathrooms, so going down to 1 or 2 could be a challenge. Check out https://www.realestate.com.au/rent/

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Jenki75 said:

I also have been looking at the rentals, we have 2 small dogs and we have been a bit spoiled in the bathroom department as we are used to 3.5 bathrooms, so going down to 1 or 2 could be a challenge. 

With two dogs, you will likely have to take what you can get.   Real estate agents in Australia are reluctant to take even one dog, let alone two.

6 minutes ago, Marisawright said:

With two dogs, you will likely have to take what you can get.   Real estate agents in Australia are reluctant to take even one dog, let alone two.

I've seen quite a few rentals with pets welcome in those areas and you could say it's not my first Rodeo! Ive been to Australia before and rented for 2 years with 2 dogs, a cat and 3 children. I'm sure I'll be just fine!

I got the first house I applied for(in less than a week) and I had outstanding references and Photos of the home I owned at the time.

Edited by Jenki75