High Points for 489/190 - South Australia

2 minutes ago, JonandSophietravel said:

Merry Christmas everyone indeed!

We've got a vet appointment on Christmas eve to get the rabies stuff sorted for our 2 indoor cats. Then our own medicals in early January and we should receive the police checks back in early January too. Hopefully, we won't get our first case officer check-in before then, so they won't have to request them, delaying things.

Medical results came back really quick and are already on the immi account. This time next year hopefully we will all be there!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jenki75 said:

Medical results came back really quick and are already on the immi account. This time next year hopefully we will all be there!

Woop fantastic!

I'm certain this will be the final cold Christmas for all of us in this thread (except the occasional visit back home). We're still hoping for an August flight to Adelaide but will be happy by getting out before the end of the year.

Everyone - If your visa grant came through in February, when do you reckon you'd fly out?

• Like 1

Merry Christmas everyone, just seen on another post that the case officers are now all on holiday until the new year and that some of them take annual leave until Australia day to have a long holiday! meh! looks like grants may slow down a bit.

We are thinking of a 2/3 month pack up and go period from visa grant so Feb grant - April-May flight which would be pretty awesome.

23 minutes ago, Jellica said:

Merry Christmas everyone, just seen on another post that the case officers are now all on holiday until the new year and that some of them take annual leave until Australia day to have a long holiday! meh! looks like grants may slow down a bit.

We are thinking of a 2/3 month pack up and go period from visa grant so Feb grant - April-May flight which would be pretty awesome.

Unlike Uk Home office, over here they don't shut for the whole period. They obviously won't be working on public holidays, apart from that it's business as usual. My friend got 190 grant today (on Saturday). Few will go on holidays for sure

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, garrychandi said:

Unlike Uk Home office, over here they don't shut for the whole period. They obviously won't be working on public holidays, apart from that it's business as usual. My friend got 190 grant today (on Saturday). Few will go on holidays for sure

Wow, so they still process grants at the weekend? Amazing 🙂

To be fair, I was expecting the 7-9 months kind of timescale back when we applied for SA nomination in October, so even if they take a few weeks off and we're lucky enough to get a direct grant it'll still be amazingly quick.

Jellica - sorry if you've already said, but I'm guessing you don't have a place to sell with your 2-3 month turnaround? I'd love for our flat to get snapped up within a month and then take 2-3 months for completion.

2 minutes ago, JonandSophietravel said:

Wow, so they still process grants at the weekend? Amazing 🙂

To be fair, I was expecting the 7-9 months kind of timescale back when we applied for SA nomination in October, so even if they take a few weeks off and we're lucky enough to get a direct grant it'll still be amazingly quick.

Jellica - sorry if you've already said, but I'm guessing you don't have a place to sell with your 2-3 month turnaround? I'd love for our flat to get snapped up within a month and then take 2-3 months for completion.

They are moving pretty fast as well. People are getting CO contact in just 70 days for 190 visa. Couple of guys got grant in 45 days. 

• Like 1

congrats Dan, thats great news, when do you think you'll move over? nice to see they dont completely shutdown for christmas

We are putting our house on the Market in January, and moving into a rental so no chain at our end and luckily houses are selling well here at the minute so fingers crossed it wont be on the market too long

If something goes terribly wrong and we dont get the grant then we 100% want to move house anyway so all good :)

3 hours ago, JonandSophietravel said:

Everyone - If your visa grant came through in February, when do you reckon you'd fly out?

It all depends on when we are able to sell our house, but it would be nice to arrive in Adelaide during spring (in Australia) and have one final UK summer.

1 hour ago, Jellica said:

We are putting our house on the Market in January, and moving into a rental so no chain at our end and luckily houses are selling well here at the minute so fingers crossed it wont be on the market too long

If something goes terribly wrong and we dont get the grant then we 100% want to move house anyway so all good 🙂

That makes sense. It's a great idea but I don't think we'd be able to get a rental with the cats very easily and not for so short term. We're just hoping for a quick turnaround.

That makes sense. It's a great idea but I don't think we'd be able to get a rental with the cats very easily and not for so short term. We're just hoping for a quick turnaround.

just seen you are starting the Rabies with your cats, our pets were done in the summer and are free to travel now, just the 45days worth of other bits and bobs to do. About to look into the Import certs for them as they are valid for 12months. who are you thinking of flying them with? Petair look good but London is a good way by van to then journey to oz.

9 hours ago, Dan.S said:

Hello everyone! We got VISA Grant today, on Saturday !!!!! We've applied on March 6.

Good luck everyone and hope you all have wonderful holidays! See you in Adelaide!

Congratulations! You were hoping to hear before Christmas too!Excellent timing!!

8 hours ago, Jellica said:
9 hours ago, JonandSophietravel said:

just seen you are starting the Rabies with your cats, our pets were done in the summer and are free to travel now, just the 45days worth of other bits and bobs to do. About to look into the Import certs for them as they are valid for 12months. who are you thinking of flying them with? Petair look good but London is a good way by van to then journey to oz. Our vet has reccomended AirCargo from Manchester Airport so going to contact them for a quote too

We are most likely going with Petair (we live down South and they appear to be good). Back in 2017, when we were considering the 457 before they changed everything, we had the rabies stuff all sorted in around May. But then it all fell through and the rabies results are only valid for 2 years 😞 A few more hundred quid to prove what has already been proven but ah well. We'd do it ten times over to get to Aus.

We received our police checks back today. Dated Christmas Eve. As long as everything goes ok with the visa, we definitely will be out by next Christmas :)

Health checks booked for 7th January too. Exciting times!
We thought the same, our date is the 29th Nov, date of our medicals, suddenly feels quite definite hey [emoji3]
  • Like 1

Happy New Year! I am a new entry, submitted state sponsorship today. [emoji1]
Welcome to the thread! This seems to have evolved into a general South Australia state sponsored post so keep us posted on your progress.

On another note I notice that people who have applied in the second week of October have been getting grants. So many on here could get grants soon.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, JetBlast said:

Welcome to the thread! This seems to have evolved into a general South Australia state sponsored post so keep us posted on your progress.

On another note I notice that people who have applied in the second week of October have been getting grants. So many on here could get grants soon.

Thank you! I was feeling a bit anxious and started google for information that was relatively similar~ And I found you'all 😄