register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Jellica

High Points for 489/190 - South Australia

16 hours ago, JetBlast said:

How do you mean you have booked your police check please? You just fill out a form online. I did mine yesterday.

Here in Canada, we need to get them done by the RCMP (Royal Canadian Mounted Police). Not every detachment, especially in small cities or towns like we live in, has the ability to do electronic fingerprinting.  They outsource that to other third party places, which do electronic finger print, submit to RCMP and run a search against their database.

Then we get the "Certified criminal record check" - because doing it by name and id only is not certified.

Therefore, we have booked a time at this third-party provider to get them done. 

• Like 1

29/12/17 AHPRA logged,  31/01/2018 AHPRA asked for more docs,  20/02/2018 AHPRA rec'd docs, 27/02/2018 AHPRA extension app'd, 12/03/2018 Reg in principle, 29/03/2018 AHPRA Full Registration, 29/03/2018 Anmac Modified Skills lodged,   15/05/2018 ANMAC Mod skills Assessment +ve,  Aug. 2018 PTE-A (L:85 R:90 S:90 W:90),  South Australia State 190 Sponsorship Approved 08/11/2018, Lodged 190 visa 16/11/2018.

Here in Canada, we need to get them done by the RCMP (Royal Canadian Mounted Police). Not every detachment, especially in small cities or towns like we live in, has the ability to do electronic fingerprinting.  They outsource that to other third party places, which do electronic finger print, submit to RCMP and run a search against their database.
Then we get the "Certified criminal record check" - because doing it by name and id only is not certified.
Therefore, we have booked a time at this third-party provider to get them done. 
Oh right I see. I assumed you was in the UK. Thanks for clarification.

18 hours ago, JonandSophietravel said:
20 hours ago, Jenki75 said:
We lodged our 190 today 15th Nov (16th in Australia). Police check booked for Dec 20th and will book the medical for around that same time. Time to get healthy lol

Lol! We've been losing weight since the middle of the summer to make sure the medicals go fine. I'm down 37 pounds at the moment but it's so much harder losing weight in winter.

It is very hard in winter.  Winter here, ranges from above zero if we are lucky good weather day, all the way down to -35.  it gets even colder when you factor in the windchill.

|Congrats on being down 37.  that's awesome

29/12/17 AHPRA logged,  31/01/2018 AHPRA asked for more docs,  20/02/2018 AHPRA rec'd docs, 27/02/2018 AHPRA extension app'd, 12/03/2018 Reg in principle, 29/03/2018 AHPRA Full Registration, 29/03/2018 Anmac Modified Skills lodged,   15/05/2018 ANMAC Mod skills Assessment +ve,  Aug. 2018 PTE-A (L:85 R:90 S:90 W:90),  South Australia State 190 Sponsorship Approved 08/11/2018, Lodged 190 visa 16/11/2018.

I have worked as software tester and successfully got ACS for software engineer (261313)because one of the employer certificate lists my roles and responsibilities as a software engineer and for another company, i submitted a stat dec with sw engineer roles and responsibilitiest.now i am submitting the same proofs for 489 visa also.but the job title printed on payslips and tax forms is not the same as the occupation i am applying for now.

I have read inthis thread that someone got the invite with a different skill assessment too. Please suggest if i need to produce any other proofs with respect to 489 SA visa too.

On 14/11/2018 at 01:18, JetBlast said:

As long as you pass the skills assessment you can apply under anything.

I first went as a Network Engineer. But they increased the points to 80 and I only had 70. However Network Administrator is 70 so I went for that instead. I just needed a new assessment.

Hi @JetBlast, how about your salary proofs and jobtitle mentioned in employer certs? They would have been different from the occupation you are claiming points from?still no ptoblem?

Hi [mention=242357]JetBlast[/mention], how about your salary proofs and jobtitle mentioned in employer certs? They would have been different from the occupation you are claiming points from?still no ptoblem?
I didn't need them.

The references had a different job title all together (IT Manager) and j have no problems.

4 hours ago, JetBlast said:

I didn't need them.

The references had a different job title all together (IT Manager) and j have no problems.

Ok....they must be going thru the roles and responsibilities listed

Ok....they must be going thru the roles and responsibilities listed
Correct. When you think of how many different job titles there are for same / similar positions it will be impossible to have them all on the SOL.

Hello all, i am in a typical situation. In my prev company, i worked under 4 different team leads. Oneof them has privided me a stat dec with my roles and responsibilities. But he joined one year after my joining date. Can i take stat dec from him? Else i also have a stat dec from my colleage(not junior). Which one can i submit to immigration? This is the only one holding meup. Can someone experienced advise on the same pls.

4 hours ago, Hi@ma said:

Hello all, i am in a typical situation. In my prev company, i worked under 4 different team leads. Oneof them has privided me a stat dec with my roles and responsibilities. But he joined one year after my joining date. Can i take stat dec from him? Else i also have a stat dec from my colleage(not junior). Which one can i submit to immigration? This is the only one holding meup. Can someone experienced advise on the same pls.

I think multiple stat decs are required in ur case..not sure. Some senior memebers can guide. I saw my friends submitti g stat decs with senior colleagues who joined tgd company prior to them..

Hi everyone, I'll add to the forum knowledge as well.
After receiving my TRA successful assessment and SA state sponsorship in February 2018, here is what happened since:

• March 6th: application lodged (for me, wife, 6y old daughter)
  • April 10th: officer was allocated, med checks requested.
  • May 1st: med check results submitted.
  • Aug 28: additional details requested, including form 80 to be filled in. Time to send documents: 28 days.
  • Sept 2nd: all documents sent.
  • Sept 21: confirmation received from officer, no other documents are required. The status changed to "This application is currently being assessed. The department may contact the applicant if further supporting documentation is required".
  • Nov 20 (today): 2 months later, I'm getting really impatient drinking-wine.gif although I know they are doing the best they can, having an avalanche of applications to go through.

I remember couple of months back reading about the processing times for the 489 state nominated visas being advertised as 10-15 months, then 8-11 months (90% - 75%). Today I can only find this information related to 489:

489 - Skilled Regional Sponsored (Provisional) (subclass 489) Skilled Regional Unavailable due to low volume of applications.

Hang in there, its hard for them too, not just for us.

27 minutes ago, Dan.S said:

Hi everyone, I'll add to the forum knowledge as well.
After receiving my TRA successful assessment and SA state sponsorship in February 2018, here is what happened since:

• March 6th: application lodged (for me, wife, 6y old daughter)
  • April 10th: officer was allocated, med checks requested.
  • May 1st: med check results submitted.
  • Aug 28: additional details requested, including form 80 to be filled in. Time to send documents: 28 days.
  • Sept 2nd: all documents sent.
  • Sept 21: confirmation received from officer, no other documents are required. The status changed to "This application is currently being assessed. The department may contact the applicant if further supporting documentation is required".
  • Nov 20 (today): 2 months later, I'm getting really impatient drinking-wine.gif although I know they are doing the best they can, having an avalanche of applications to go through.

I remember couple of months back reading about the processing times for the 489 state nominated visas being advertised as 10-15 months, then 8-11 months (90% - 75%). Today I can only find this information related to 489:

489 - Skilled Regional Sponsored (Provisional) (subclass 489) Skilled Regional Unavailable due to low volume of applications.

Hang in there, its hard for them too, not just for us.

Very informative.my eoi and acs results will expire in another 1 yr. Can acs result expire after weget invite?