High Points for 489/190 - South Australia

Here in Canada, we need to get them done by the RCMP (Royal Canadian Mounted Police). Not every detachment, especially in small cities or towns like we live in, has the ability to do electronic fingerprinting.  They outsource that to other third party places, which do electronic finger print, submit to RCMP and run a search against their database.
Then we get the "Certified criminal record check" - because doing it by name and id only is not certified.
Therefore, we have booked a time at this third-party provider to get them done. 
Oh right I see. I assumed you was in the UK. Thanks for clarification.

18 hours ago, JonandSophietravel said:
20 hours ago, Jenki75 said:
We lodged our 190 today 15th Nov (16th in Australia). Police check booked for Dec 20th and will book the medical for around that same time. Time to get healthy lol

Lol! We've been losing weight since the middle of the summer to make sure the medicals go fine. I'm down 37 pounds at the moment but it's so much harder losing weight in winter.

It is very hard in winter.  Winter here, ranges from above zero if we are lucky good weather day, all the way down to -35.  it gets even colder when you factor in the windchill.

|Congrats on being down 37.  that's awesome

I have worked as software tester and successfully got ACS for software engineer (261313)because one of the employer certificate lists my roles and responsibilities as a software engineer and for another company, i submitted a stat dec with sw engineer roles and responsibilitiest.now i am submitting the same proofs for 489 visa also.but the job title printed on payslips and tax forms is not the same as the occupation i am applying for now.

I have read inthis thread that someone got the invite with a different skill assessment too. Please suggest if i need to produce any other proofs with respect to 489 SA visa too.

On 14/11/2018 at 01:18, JetBlast said:

As long as you pass the skills assessment you can apply under anything.

I first went as a Network Engineer. But they increased the points to 80 and I only had 70. However Network Administrator is 70 so I went for that instead. I just needed a new assessment.

Hi @JetBlast, how about your salary proofs and jobtitle mentioned in employer certs? They would have been different from the occupation you are claiming points from?still no ptoblem?

Hi [mention=242357]JetBlast[/mention], how about your salary proofs and jobtitle mentioned in employer certs? They would have been different from the occupation you are claiming points from?still no ptoblem?
I didn't need them.

The references had a different job title all together (IT Manager) and j have no problems.

Hello all, i am in a typical situation. In my prev company, i worked under 4 different team leads. Oneof them has privided me a stat dec with my roles and responsibilities. But he joined one year after my joining date. Can i take stat dec from him? Else i also have a stat dec from my colleage(not junior). Which one can i submit to immigration? This is the only one holding meup. Can someone experienced advise on the same pls.

4 hours ago, Hi@ma said:

Hello all, i am in a typical situation. In my prev company, i worked under 4 different team leads. Oneof them has privided me a stat dec with my roles and responsibilities. But he joined one year after my joining date. Can i take stat dec from him? Else i also have a stat dec from my colleage(not junior). Which one can i submit to immigration? This is the only one holding meup. Can someone experienced advise on the same pls.

I think multiple stat decs are required in ur case..not sure. Some senior memebers can guide. I saw my friends submitti g stat decs with senior colleagues who joined tgd company prior to them..

Hi everyone, I'll add to the forum knowledge as well.
After receiving my TRA successful assessment and SA state sponsorship in February 2018, here is what happened since:

• March 6th: application lodged (for me, wife, 6y old daughter)
  • April 10th: officer was allocated, med checks requested.
  • May 1st: med check results submitted.
  • Aug 28: additional details requested, including form 80 to be filled in. Time to send documents: 28 days.
  • Sept 2nd: all documents sent.
  • Sept 21: confirmation received from officer, no other documents are required. The status changed to "This application is currently being assessed. The department may contact the applicant if further supporting documentation is required".
  • Nov 20 (today): 2 months later, I'm getting really impatient drinking-wine.gif although I know they are doing the best they can, having an avalanche of applications to go through.

I remember couple of months back reading about the processing times for the 489 state nominated visas being advertised as 10-15 months, then 8-11 months (90% - 75%). Today I can only find this information related to 489:

489 - Skilled Regional Sponsored (Provisional) (subclass 489) Skilled Regional Unavailable due to low volume of applications.

Hang in there, its hard for them too, not just for us.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Dan.S said:

Hi everyone, I'll add to the forum knowledge as well.
After receiving my TRA successful assessment and SA state sponsorship in February 2018, here is what happened since:

• March 6th: application lodged (for me, wife, 6y old daughter)
  • April 10th: officer was allocated, med checks requested.
  • May 1st: med check results submitted.
  • Aug 28: additional details requested, including form 80 to be filled in. Time to send documents: 28 days.
  • Sept 2nd: all documents sent.
  • Sept 21: confirmation received from officer, no other documents are required. The status changed to "This application is currently being assessed. The department may contact the applicant if further supporting documentation is required".
  • Nov 20 (today): 2 months later, I'm getting really impatient drinking-wine.gif although I know they are doing the best they can, having an avalanche of applications to go through.

I remember couple of months back reading about the processing times for the 489 state nominated visas being advertised as 10-15 months, then 8-11 months (90% - 75%). Today I can only find this information related to 489:

489 - Skilled Regional Sponsored (Provisional) (subclass 489) Skilled Regional Unavailable due to low volume of applications.

Hang in there, its hard for them too, not just for us.

Very informative.my eoi and acs results will expire in another 1 yr. Can acs result expire after weget invite?

Visa timescales updated this morning for 489. Now on 75% - 7 months and 90% - 10 months. Down a month on both from last month 🙂 And October's update was a month down on the previous month too. Things are speeding up regarding the visas!

I just hope the SA nomination timescales keep improving too. Those guys are obviously doing an amazing job getting rid of the backlog. Hats off to them!

• Like 2

Visa timescales updated this morning for 489. Now on 75% - 7 months and 90% - 10 months. Down a month on both from last month [emoji846] And October's update was a month down on the previous month too. Things are speeding up regarding the visas!
I just hope the SA nomination timescales keep improving too. Those guys are obviously doing an amazing job getting rid of the backlog. Hats off to them!
Thanks for the update.

I am doing my medical today. Front loading it as I am quite busy in the new year.
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, JetBlast said:

Thanks for the update.

I am doing my medical today. Front loading it as I am quite busy in the new year.

Good luck for today @JetBlast,

Is it just your HAP ID you need to arrange the medical or should you bring other documents/ID along as well?

Also do you just ring up the clinic direct to book the appointment?

Edited by Jonno1981

Good luck for today [mention=242357]JetBlast[/mention],
Is it just your HAP ID you need to arrange the medical or should you bring other documents/ID along as well?
Also do you just ring up the clinic direct to book the appointment?
Just waiting for my x-ray now!

You book direct with the clinic with your HAP. The only thing you need to bring on the day is your passport.

When they do the physical checks they tell you right away that most thinga are ok (or not). For the HIV test if it is positive they phone the day after. If you don't hear it is clear.

Cheers
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jellica said:
1 hour ago, JetBlast said:
I went to Manchester for mine. If you are as well don't worry about getting there early. I arrived 35 mins early and they saw me right away.

hey jetblast, sounds like all is going well, what kind of questions did they ask you?

They asked the same questions you answer when you get your HAP number.

Have you?

Tuberculosis (TB), treatment for tuberculosis?
Close household contact with Tuberculosis (TB)?
Prolonged medical treatment and/or repeated hospital admissions for any reason, including a major operation or psychiatric illness
Psychological/Psychiatric Disorder (including major depression, bipolar disorder or schizophrenia)
An abnormal or reactive HIV blood test
An abnormal or reactive Hepatitis B or Hepatitis C blood test?
Hepatitis B
Hepatitis C
Cancer or Malignancy in the last 5 years
Diabetes
Heart condition including coronary disease, hypertension, valve or congenital disease
Blood condition (including thalassemia)
Kidney or Bladder Disease
An ongoing physical or intellectual disability affecting your current or future ability to function independently or be able to work full-time (including autism or developmental delay)
An addiction to drugs or alcohol
Are you taking any prescribed pills or medication (excluding oral contraceptives, over-the counter medication and natural supplements)?

The exam itself involved an eye test. Look in your eyes and ears, Checking of the joints. Listening to your chest. Check the glands in your neck (name escapes me). Reflex. They also take urine for diabetes, blood in urine and  kidney problems. They took a blood sample for HIV, TB and Hepatitis. Finally a chest x-ray.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, JetBlast said:

They asked the same questions you answer when you get your HAP number.

Have you?

Tuberculosis (TB), treatment for tuberculosis?
Close household contact with Tuberculosis (TB)?
Prolonged medical treatment and/or repeated hospital admissions for any reason, including a major operation or psychiatric illness
Psychological/Psychiatric Disorder (including major depression, bipolar disorder or schizophrenia)
An abnormal or reactive HIV blood test
An abnormal or reactive Hepatitis B or Hepatitis C blood test?
Hepatitis B
Hepatitis C
Cancer or Malignancy in the last 5 years
Diabetes
Heart condition including coronary disease, hypertension, valve or congenital disease
Blood condition (including thalassemia)
Kidney or Bladder Disease
An ongoing physical or intellectual disability affecting your current or future ability to function independently or be able to work full-time (including autism or developmental delay)
An addiction to drugs or alcohol
Are you taking any prescribed pills or medication (excluding oral contraceptives, over-the counter medication and natural supplements)?

The exam itself involved an eye test. Look in your eyes and ears, Checking of the joints. Listening to your chest. Check the glands in your neck (name escapes me). Reflex. They also take urine for diabetes, blood in urine and  kidney problems. They took a blood sample for HIV, TB and Hepatitis. Finally a chest x-ray.

Great info!

We have ours this Tuesday. Will be able to use the info you provided to talk it through with my wife so thanks for that 🙂

Hi friends...

I am planning to apply for 489 in QLD. I have 65 points without the points of english test. I am taking an english test soon.  But if we get 7 and score the 10 points I would get 75 points in total. If we get more points than the required points do we get any priority when they take the file??

Hi folks,

For those that are interested, this morning I was contacted by a CO requesting additional information. This is within a month of lodging my application. She requested medicals which coincidentally we have booked for today.

She also requested a police check from Singapore which relates to a time when I was employed by a Singapore based offshore oil and gas company even though I've never been to Singapore in my life. This might be worth keeping in mind if you have ever been employed from a company based abroad. They have provided steps to help me with this process.

Anyway, I'm pretty pleased as I am assuming that all the other information I provided must be ok as this is all that's been asked for. 

James