High Points for 489/190 - South Australia

Hi,

We were also hoping that SA would drop the points threshold back down to 80 or 85 with the new allocation this month but it has stayed at 90.

Does anyone think they will drop the high points threshold any time soon? is it worth us waiting or should we try and get employer sponsored and try to go on the new 482 (which will open the currently working in SA pathway 489/190)- to be fair I think we are going to apply for jobs - it can only help our state sponsorship if we have a job offer

Thanks for any input/advice/experience :)

2 hours ago, Jellica said:

Hi,

We have been waiting for extra points for 8 years experience which passed in June, so now we have 75 (80 for 190 and 85 for 489)

We were also hoping that SA would drop the points threshold back down to 80 or 85 with the new allocation this month but it has stayed at 90.

Does anyone think they will drop the high points threshold any time soon? is it worth us waiting or should we try and get employer sponsored and try to go on the new 482 (which will open the currently working in SA pathway 489/190)- to be fair I think we are going to apply for jobs - it can only help our state sponsorship if we have a job offer.

We are reluctant to go on the 482 as we have 2 young children and 4 pets we will take with us so an expensive temporary move, but at the same time we want to make a new life in Oz sooner rather than later

Thanks for any input/advice/experience ?

They will definitely drop soon. Every year they make the hardest terms and then after the 1-st of July alleviate and close to February-Marc again make them harder.

• Like 1

Thanks
Thats what we were hoping, fingers crossed they drop the points soon, in the meantime we'll start applying for jobs -- too many changes going on to sit and wait :)
looks like its just dropped to 80! w

better get our 190 application in! whoop! Screenshot_20180704-144212_Chrome.jpeg

High points category dropped from 90 to 80 points.

If you have 80 points (including state nomination points) on the Department of Home Affairs points test, you will be able to access additional occupations (special conditions and Supplementary Skilled List).

Yeap, as i told you :)

Ive been trying to load it all morning, website kept freezing on me - guess their are plenty of us in the same boat checking our chances!

We are good to go, applying for the 190 this week! whoop, its felt like a long wait :)

and Jetblast, i cant believe how expensive this whole process is going to be ... but we've never felt more certain that we're doing the right thing, we've committed to it all.

Started getting our pets ready to fly and the rabies vaccine and bloods are expensive! They've passed the antibody check tho and will be good to fly in December ... fingers crossed our visa comes through for then too! would love to be in oz before the year is out [emoji41]

We're in the same boat and will get 80 points next week once it has been exactly 3 years since my partner's qualification. Still need to get the skills assessment though and the TRA is on 120 day turnaround at the moment. Fingers crossed there's no more goalpost changes before we hear back from TRA and we can still apply under high points in November (if that's when we hear back).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

How's everyone getting on? we've just put our EOI in and our application to South Australia for State Sponsorship ... 9-10 weeks processing time, so now we wait! fingers crossed :)

We spent ages writing a 2 page commitment statement only to find a character limit of 500 on the application! A small paragraph! Argh, anyhoo, all submitted now

Jonandsophie - fingers crossed your skills assessment comes in faster :)

We actually just got Sophie's IELTS results back this morning and she got 9, 9, 8, 9 on first attempt - so happy and proud of her. Wouldn't have been able to get the 80 points for high points without that ?

Should be applying for TRA early next week as been waiting on documents from the qualification.

Jellica - if you only just put your EOI in, the SA processing time has gone up to 15-20 weeks. It's 9-10 weeks for people who have applied before 1st July ?

Oh no! Thats only just updated, its said 9-10 weeks for quite a while tho, gah! nothings ever simple, fingers crossed they work through them faster.

Great news on the IELTS results, well done, we needed the 20 points too, my other half wont shut up about how he is a master of english now! [emoji23]

At least we know all this hard work and waiting is worthwhile, looking forward to bringing up our little ladies in the sunshine [emoji16]

How's everyone getting on? we've just put our EOI in and our application to South Australia for State Sponsorship ... 9-10 weeks processing time, so now we wait! fingers crossed :)

We spent ages writing a 2 page commitment statement only to find a character limit of 500 on the application! A small paragraph! Argh, anyhoo, all submitted now

Jonandsophie - fingers crossed your skills assessment comes in faster :)
Hello I did the same this week on the same day as you. I have 70 points. How many points do you have?

Hello I did the same this week on the same day as you. I have 70 points. How many points do you have?
Hey JetBlast,

We are bang on 80 points including the 5 points for 190 nomination. We needed high points to be able to apply so just scraped in.

Any idea how they prioritise them for processing? Ive searched and cant find anything but I hate waiting! ah well, fingers crossed [emoji16]

Hey JetBlast,

We are bang on 80 points including the 5 points for 190 nomination. We needed high points to be able to apply so just scraped in.

Any idea how they prioritise them for processing? Ive searched and cant find anything but I hate waiting! ah well, fingers crossed [emoji16]
I thought you was going for a 489?

I'm hoping they prioritize by job. Mine (after a change and new assesment) had a lower application rate last year compared to many.

I thought you was going for a 489?

I'm hoping they prioritize by job. Mine (after a change and new assesment) had a lower application rate last year compared to many.
We wouldve gone for the 489 if we didnt have the points for the 190 as the 887 that follows on from the 489 for Permanent Residency seems pretty straight forward and we really like SA. We couldnt believe our luck when they dropped the points to 80 and we could aim for the 190, Happy days

How'd you find out job application rates for last year? I'd be interested to see where we stand on that front.

15 - 20 weeks sounds like forever - hopefully one day we'll be laughing about this sat on a beach in SA!

Oh sorry. I the mobile app chopped off the /190 from the title!

I didn't find the rates as such. On the SOL this position stayed on Green. It didn't go to blue or red or go to the high 90 points. I am assuming this is due to low demand. This occupation isn't on any other state 489, 190 or the 189 so this will help.

I hope we do get to do that. I will bring the beers!

haha no worries, my fellas occupation is the same situation so hopefully your right. I have this gut feeling that theyre just gonna process them in submission order and we're doomed to wait in line!

that beer sounds sweet but feels a long way off, come on SA