register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

JulesRosie

UK appliances

Yes, same voltage etc.

If you class your smart telly as an appliance - sort of!  On mine, once it realised it was in Aus the smart apps dissapeared - Youtube/iPlayer/ITV etc  Still works fine as a TV.

yep - my UK TV works fine (its plugged into a foxel box for sat and FTA channels) but FTA also work directly (albeit intermittently), as does my UK Amazon Fire TV box and the Samsung Fridge Freezer that we shipped out

IELTS 08/06/13: 9.0. - ACS Assessment: 02/08/13. Result 13/11/13. VIC SS 20/11/13. EOI 20/11/13. VIC SS Resubmitted 20/06/14, Approved 02/07/14. Visa Application (190) 14/07/14. CO assigned, Meds/PCC requested 27/08/14. Granted 24/10/14!! Activated 31/03/15. Arrival 27/08/15

21 minutes ago, JulesRosie said:

Thanks that's helpful was think about kettles, irons etc?

Yes, same voltage etc. They will be fine.

The answer to this is always "yes they work fine". However, for some reason a techy person may be able to explain, my Mac certainly doesn't charge properly here.

1 hour ago, DrDougster said:

The answer to this is always "yes they work fine". However, for some reason a techy person may be able to explain, my Mac certainly doesn't charge properly here.

My electric tooth brush lasts longer between charges in the UK. Makes no sense but.....

1 hour ago, DrDougster said:

Have you got the Aus plug to fit into the little transformer box? I was able to get a UK one so I didn’t have to faff about with adaptors. Don’t know if that will help with charging. My Aus MAC charges just fine here in U.K. so there shouldn’t be a difference.