457 to 186 TRT doubts

Aron

I have been on 457 visa since 2016 August, and my company is going to apply 186 TRT for me on 2018 August, and we will submit visa application and nomination together at the same time.
I would like to know:
IELTS test result is valid for three years, so can I use my IELTS received on November 2015? 
Shall I complete health check and no crime certificate before I submit visa application and nomination, or shall I do it a few months after I submit my nomination and visa application?
The homeaffairs website says that Temporary Residence Transition under 186 takes up to 12 months at this moment. This 12 months is for nomination + visa application or it is just for visa application?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Kane

On 01/07/2018 at 23:25, Aron said:

I have been on 457 visa since 2016 August, and my company is going to apply 186 TRT for me on 2018 August, and we will submit visa application and nomination together at the same time.
I would like to know:
IELTS test result is valid for three years, so can I use my IELTS received on November 2015? 
Shall I complete health check and no crime certificate before I submit visa application and nomination, or shall I do it a few months after I submit my nomination and visa application?
The homeaffairs website says that Temporary Residence Transition under 186 takes up to 12 months at this moment. This 12 months is for nomination + visa application or it is just for visa application?

Thanks!

Kane

Hi,

your Ielts score is valid if you lodge your nomi+visa before November 2018.

you need AFP and Overseas POlice check certi (PCC) but you don’t need medical at the begging of the lodgement. May be later when immi asks for it.

hope it helps

Good luck !

On 01/07/2018 at 21:25, Aron said:

I would like to know:

Thanks!

Kane

Hi mate, 

Would be 12 months all in, but that time-frame does vary wildly.

In terms of the medical I would defo wait a until a few months in - that way if your visa does take longer than 12 months you wont need to complete medical again.

In terms of police checks - I got my UK & AUS one done before visa was lodged. They are both due to expire soon however I'm just going to renew the AUS one as I've not been back in the UK since I got the last one done so should be okay. They may still request a new uk one, in which case I will just apply if they request.

Hope that helps.

Hi Guys

I need help

My boyfriend got a 457 for 4 years as a restaurant supervisor in Perth, did 2 his 2 years and applied for 186 in Jun 2018. Now, the company is shutting down, is there any way to continue with his 186 as he did his time in the company? also, owner of the company has another business in Geraldton and could place my bf there until his visa comes through.

Any help with this? Pls, this is urgent!!!

Thank you

• 4 weeks later...
20 hours ago, babysleep said:

For police check, I need an invitation letter from immigration saying that they request me to do so. Anyone knows how to get this invitation letter before submitting visa application? Thanks!

You can't.  You need to wait until your case officer reaches that step in assessing your application and contacts you requesting the police check.

On ‎31‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 16:03, babysleep said:

For police check, I need an invitation letter from immigration saying that they request me to do so. Anyone knows how to get this invitation letter before submitting visa application? Thanks!

Hi, you can request it from the Immigration when you lodge your visa application. 

When we lodged our 186 visa, we emailed them to provide us Penal letters that is required to get our Singapore Police checks.

They emailed back with the letter after a few days.

Edited by Zet01

On 03/08/2018 at 17:12, Zet01 said:

Hi, you can request it from the Immigration when you lodge your visa application. 

When we lodged our 186 visa, we emailed them to provide us Penal letters that is required to get our Singapore Police checks.

They emailed back with the letter after a few days.

so when u lodged the application without police check, did it pop up a message saying that you are not providing all requested documents? Thanks!

17 hours ago, babysleep said:

so when u lodged the application without police check, did it pop up a message saying that you are not providing all requested documents? Thanks!

It will not prompt you to provide the documents.

You can either wait for your case officer to ask for the overseas police checks, or you proactively ask for the Penal letter to be provided to you in advance.

We did the latter.

6 hours ago, Zet01 said:

It will not prompt you to provide the documents.

You can either wait for your case officer to ask for the overseas police checks, or you proactively ask for the Penal letter to be provided to you in advance.

We did the latter.

I saw the following pop up message when I tried to lodge the application. That's why I am worried and see whether it is the same as everyone =S

WeChat Screenshot_20180807171928.png

16 hours ago, babysleep said:

I saw the following pop up message when I tried to lodge the application. That's why I am worried and see whether it is the same as everyone =S

WeChat Screenshot_20180807171928.png

What specifically is requiring an evidence? Is it for a Local Police check or overseas police check?

I did not encounter this when we lodged our 186, though it's been more than 2 years since we did it.

Not sure if there were changes made in the application process since then.

32 minutes ago, Zet01 said:

What specifically is requiring an evidence? Is it for a Local Police check or overseas police check?

I did not encounter this when we lodged our 186, though it's been more than 2 years since we did it.

Not sure if there were changes made in the application process since then.

Thanks for reply.

yes, only overseas police check is missing. I need to lodge the application and then ask for invitation letter.

just worried and not dare to lodge when I saw that pop-up message =S

Then I'd simply put in the explanation box that "Overseas police check can only be obtained when accompanied by an official request from Australian Immigration. If Australian Immigration can send me an official request for the overseas police check, I will apply for this document and upload once received".

22 hours ago, MaggieMay24 said:

Then I'd simply put in the explanation box that "Overseas police check can only be obtained when accompanied by an official request from Australian Immigration. If Australian Immigration can send me an official request for the overseas police check, I will apply for this document and upload once received".

Thanks for your reply! I will do that ?