Subclass 887 Visa - processing times

Cherries

Hi all,

We lodged for permanent residency from the 489 to a Subclass 887 visa on the 9th Jan. Status for the processing times keeps changing and has extended no to 9-12 months. From experience does this mean we would still be within 9-12 months or would we go from the original time quoted of about 4-6 months??? so frustrating with the timeline keep changing.

Interested to hear from anyone else still waiting on this visa

2 hours ago, lewisant48 said:

Sorry i'm not answering the question but asking another - are you now on a bridging visa until you get the 887??

A 489 visa holder can apply directly for a 887 and doesn't need a bridging visa.

Did you ask about a bridging visa because that sometimes extends the processing times?

Edited by RRR2020

if ur 489 visa is not expire, bridging visa is not affective. Bridging visa effects from the day 489 visa expires. I have applied for 887 visa on april. and it shows same time (9-12 month). Does it really take that long?

• 3 weeks later...
On 01/07/2018 at 18:16, Cherries said:

Hi all,

We lodged for permanent residency from the 489 to a Subclass 887 visa on the 9th Jan. Status for the processing times keeps changing and has extended no to 9-12 months. From experience does this mean we would still be within 9-12 months or would we go from the original time quoted of about 4-6 months??? so frustrating with the timeline keep changing.

Interested to hear from anyone else still waiting on this visa

Hi Cherries,

Some nice person set up a spreadsheet tracker for 887 applicants, and it shows application dates, case officer contact dates and grant dates, basically, timelines. ? 

You can find it here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ApeHDAjEH60WFBNLeq14wvGzegiqGC4KD0U-OyH_w6U/edit#gid=0

You will notice that for some people it take under 3 months to get a grant and for some over 11 months. There is no blanket rule. 

Please feel free to share this tracker with others, fill your own details in the tracker - it is free for everyone to use and edit. ? 

And this is the link to another forum thread you may find useful:

https://www.pomsinadelaide.com/topic/44612-887-visa-whats-the-update/?page=914

• 2 months later...

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to add to this thread. My Partner and I applied for our 887 Visa (From 489 Visa) on 31st January 2018. We were granted our 887 Permanent Visa on 24/9/2018. We provided all documentation on with our application and were just granted our 887 visa without them requesting further documents from us. We couldn't be any happier! I just wanted to let everyone know that it took around 8 months for ours to be granted and wish everyone the best. ?

Jamie

• Like 3
  • Congratulations 1

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Everyone,
I applied for our 887 visa on 26th Jan 2018. The status still is still 'Recieved'. Does the status changes when case officer is assigned? I'm not even sure if case officer is assigned for our case. This is stressing !!

Hi,

Check this group for advice.. [emoji846]

887 Visa - What's the update?
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_fid=4047&share_tid=44612&url=https://www.pomsinadelaide.com/index.php?/topic/44612-887-Visa---What%27s-the-update%3F&share_type=t

On 08/10/2018 at 18:56, SukhRav said:

Hi Everyone,

I applied for our 887 visa on 26th Jan 2018. The status still is still 'Recieved'. Does the status changes when case officer is assigned? I'm not even sure if case officer is assigned for our case. This is stressing !!

mine states “INITIAL ASSESSMENT” and that was on the 23 July. it asked me to upload more evidence of my working hours, they had looked at the unit rate I am on which was $35 an hour and taken it that I was working 35 hours a week, so they deemed I had not worked full time hours for the first year. My agent also thought this was my working hours per week......

Since this date and after submitting further evidence all within 7 days I am still waiting, it’s been approx 12 weeks since the first contact from them.... So frustrating, we just want to go ahead and buy a house and make our home. 

Still days 10-11 months, so I just hope that we are almost on the home stretch, though it wouldn’t surprise me if they change the processing times again.

Dear Team Members,

I happy to have found this forum to get insights before applying for 887.

I need a few clarifications if you all could help me with it. I just drafted them here so if kind members can share their input please.

1. I have new born baby born in Adelaide 6 months ago, does she have to go through medical when I apply for 887?

2. Can moving interstate after completing 2 years in Adelaide after completing 2 years residence requirement and more than 1 year of work cause a problem?

- Has someone moved interstate while being on 489 and after apply for 887?

3. Do I need to get new Police clearance even though I submitted  while applying for 489 and I didn't go back to all those countries again?

4. after applying for 887 are we eligible for medicare?

Would appreciate if someone can guide me on these points so I can make arrangements accordingly.

Thanks in advance :)

On ‎13‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 09:09, Tawki said:

Dear Team Members,

I need a few clarifications if you all could help me with it. I just drafted them here so if kind members can share their input please.

1. I have new born baby born in Adelaide 6 months ago, does she have to go through medical when I apply for 887?

2. Can moving interstate after completing 2 years in Adelaide after completing 2 years residence requirement and more than 1 year of work cause a problem?

3. Do I need to get new Police clearance even though I submitted  while applying for 489 and I didn't go back to all those countries again?

Would appreciate if someone can guide me on these points so I can make arrangements accordingly.

Thanks in advance 🙂

can some please help me with these enquiries?

887 PR Applicant started this petition to David Coleman - The Immigration Minister - Minister@homeaffairs.gov.au and 1 other
This petition is a voice of onshore skilled migrants, who are transitioning from 489 (skilled provisional) to 887 (permanent residency) visas and currently are being hit with painful processing delays.
Since this time last year we have been watching estimated processing times for 887 balloon from 5-7 months to 12-15 months. We are in quite a predicament, with our original visas expiring whilst we are waiting in the queue for our permanent residency. A lot of us are now on bridging visas, putting important life’s decisions on hold and unable to move on. For us it spells uncertainty, cancelled travel plans, inability to visit aging parents overseas, delaying university applications for children, etc – we are all still waiting “to be accepted”. Great job opportunities pass us by, as employers will not consider us while we are on provisional and bridging visas. No lender will offer us a mortgage or allow to finance a car, unless with ridiculously high interest rates and insurance premiums.
Our families are not entitled to help from the government, discounts for childcare and older children’s university fees – yet we are paying taxes, just like citizens and permanent residents. In order to transition to 887, we all have satisfied conditions of our provisional visa, i.e. settled and worked full time in designated/regional areas for a set period of time. We have done the hard yards and became a part of this country. We are ready to develop further, continue to enjoy Australia and contribute to the nation’s wealth. Instead, we seem to be suspended in a never-ending limbo with not many rights but obligations. Uncertainty is mentally exhausting. Seeing constant extension of processing times, monthly advertised on the immigration site, makes it hard to maintain a positive mindset. Ever changing visa processing rules and new tentative legislation proposals add to anxiety.
We understand that there are reasons for most visa subclasses processing delays, but it is the solutions we are seeking. We are already paying hefty fees for visa applications, in return we would love to enjoy good customer service and reasonable processing times. If this means further increase in application fees, so be it – small price to pay for the right to finally move on with our lives, have children knowing there is future for them in this country, apply and be accepted for better jobs, being able to buy family homes and travel the world freely. Most importantly, we want to feel like we finally belong.
Please help us by taking measures to reduce processing times for 887 PR visas back to maximum 7 months wait for 90% of all applications

https://chn.ge/2J7a0n9

• Thanks 1

On 13/10/2018 at 09:09, Tawki said:

Dear Team Members,

Thanks in advance 🙂

Hi @Tawki, for question 3 is yes, most likely. Just renew all police clearances to be on the safe sade, case officers will ask for fresh onces. For question 4 - yes! 🙂 

Please join our community on this forum, the guys will be able to advise you regarding first two questions. A lot of them were in same situation with newborn babies. 🙂 

https://www.pomsinadelaide.com/topic/44612-887-visa-whats-the-update/?page=930

Also, please can you help us by signing this petition:

https://chn.ge/2J7a0n9

Thank you! looking forward to you joining us on the other forum. 🙂 

14 hours ago, Hi@ma said:

I thought bridging visa is as good as PR. Isnt medicare applicable during that time?

Medicare is the only benefit you get on a bridging visa, nothing else. 🙂  So bridging visa is good for a short time, but when it becomes months and months - it is very daunting. 🙂 

i applied 20th Dec 2017 , CO REQEST ON 7TH JULY,  ALL SUBMITTED ON TIME , BUT IT IS OCTOBER 2018 , WHY 887 VISA NOT GRANTED YET, WHEN THEY ARE GOING TO GRANT THE VISAS? ANY BODY HAVE SAME EXPERIENCE , HAVE ANYBODY CALLED THEM AND GRT GRANTED AFTERWARDS?  THANKS FRIENDS

19 minutes ago, Russki said:

Medicare is the only benefit you get on a bridging visa, nothing else. 🙂  So bridging visa is good for a short time, but when it becomes months and months - it is very daunting. 🙂 

i applied 20th Dec 2017 , CO REQEST ON 7TH JULY,  ALL SUBMITTED ON TIME , BUT IT IS OCTOBER 2018 , WHY 887 VISA NOT GRANTED YET, WHEN THEY ARE GOING TO GRANT THE VISAS? ANY BODY HAVE SAME EXPERIENCE , HAVE ANYBODY CALLED THEM AND GRT GRANTED AFTERWARDS?  THANKS FRIENDS

Hi Igi,

I think everyone is facing the crunch these days and that was the reason we started this petition, Please support us by signing and sharing this. Maybe it will get picked up for discussion. [emoji846]

https://www.change.org/p/david-coleman-reduce-processing-time-for-887-pr-visa-to-7-months-for-90-of-applications

• Thanks 1