186 visa

Cha

Hi, I was a silent reader over the last few months.  Finally after one year I received that Golden Email. ? Good luck for every one. Just waiting and be calm!

My time line will be given below.

Job tittle - contract administrator 

nomination and visa lodged- 30th of June 2017

nomination approved-  20th of May 2018

opend file and asked medical recip 28th of May 2018

visa granted after 28 days - on 20 th June 2018

• Like 2

Hi, I was a silent reader over the last few months.  Finally after one year I received that Golden Email. [emoji23] Good luck for every one. Just waiting and be calm!
congratulation

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎28‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 03:28, Cha said:

Hi, I was a silent reader over the last few months.  Finally after one year I received that Golden Email. ? Good luck for every one. Just waiting and be calm!

Hi

Congrats on your grant!  Wonder if you can clarify something, we're looking at 186 but I thought you had to have a job offer to be eligible? How did you have a job offer open for a year? Did you got to Australia on a Business ETA to get a job? 

Thanks for any advice you can offer!

On ‎25‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 16:01, CVS said:

Hi

Congrats on your grant!  Wonder if you can clarify something, we're looking at 186 but I thought you had to have a job offer to be eligible? How did you have a job offer open for a year? Did you got to Australia on a Business ETA to get a job? 

Thanks for any advice you can offer!

The 186 visa is applicable for those who came from the old 457 work visa. There are 3 classifications of 186 visa - Temporary Residency Transition stream, Direct Entry and Labour Agreement.

You cannot apply visa 186 if you do not hold work visa.  

Edited by Zet01

3 hours ago, Zet01 said:

The 186 visa is applicable for those who came from the old 457 work visa. There are 3 classifications of 186 visa - Temporary Residency Transition stream, Direct Entry and Labour Agreement.

You cannot apply visa 186 if you do not hold work visa.  

That's incorrect.  You can apply for a 186 without holding any visa at all - that's what the Direct Entry stream is for.

1 hour ago, MaggieMay24 said:

That's incorrect.  You can apply for a 186 without holding any visa at all - that's what the Direct Entry stream is for.

I stand corrected. But I believe, you still need an Employer to apply for this visa.

This is what was stated in the website:

Direct Entry (DE) stream

If you do not meet the requirements under the TRT stream (for example, because you have never, or only briefly worked in Australia), this stream may then be available if your employer still wishes to sponsor you for permanent residence.