Find out if someone has sponsored a Partner Visa (309 or 820) in the past?

Andy_

Hi,

A dear friend of mine is about to get married to an Australian man who holds another nationality too. Is there a way to find out if that man has sponsored a Partner visa for someone else in the past? Or to find out if he was himself sponsored by someone for the same visa?

I know this sounds like a silly question but the dynamic of this relationship and the cultural background of the couple involved means my friend can't ask this question to the man directly without offending him. It's a silly culture but it is what it is, so it would be awesome if there is a way for my friend to make such an inquiry behind the man's back. After all, it's her life and Australian visa prospects that are on the line here.

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Well, if he gets offended by anyone asking him about his past marriage, divorced or etc, and if he doesn't tell anyone the truth.

He is a dangerous man, filled with lies, should reconsider marrying this man, from my angle.

Nobody should feel ashame of their past if they are looking forward to brace the future, truth is what holds a person's dignity and respect.

Hope I don't offend anyone but it's what it is and nobody should be deceived by their partners deep dark secrets.

On 27/06/2018 at 15:24, Andy_ said:

Hi,

A dear friend of mine is about to get married to an Australian man who holds another nationality too. Is there a way to find out if that man has sponsored a Partner visa for someone else in the past? Or to find out if he was himself sponsored by someone for the same visa?

I know this sounds like a silly question but the dynamic of this relationship and the cultural background of the couple involved means my friend can't ask this question to the man directly without offending him. It's a silly culture but it is what it is, so it would be awesome if there is a way for my friend to make such an inquiry behind the man's back. After all, it's her life and Australian visa prospects that are on the line here.

Thanks.

If this man is going to sponsor your friend for an ozzie visa then he will have to declare on the forms what his marital and sponsorship history is. And if the last sponsorship was within the last five years than they will have to wait anyway. So whatever the cultural dynamics, its a fact that is essential in the visa process so your friend needs to ask, if only to avoid the possibility of a visa refusal!

On 27/06/2018 at 15:24, Andy_ said:

Hi,

Thanks.

No, not without his permission.

I have seen situations like this destroy marriages when it comes out during the processing of a visa application. 

Irrespective of cultural sensitivities, definitely something she need to find out beforehand, if she plans to be sponsored for a partner visa.