No. You would need to undertake an apprenticeship and this needs to be to NVQ3 standard and then gain 2-3 years experience after the apprenticeship.

Note, it is very risky to do a course just to try and qualify for immigration. You would be looking at a fair number of years, in the mean time the skilled occupation lists change regularly and occupations are often removed. Over 200 occupations have been removed in the last 12 months.

So, if you are going to retrain, do it because you want to and that it is something you want to do regardless of if it qualifies for migration. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, VERYSTORMY said:

No. You would need to undertake an apprenticeship and this needs to be to NVQ3 standard and then gain 2-3 years experience after the apprenticeship.

Note, it is very risky to do a course just to try and qualify for immigration. You would be looking at a fair number of years, in the mean time the skilled occupation lists change regularly and occupations are often removed. Over 200 occupations have been removed in the last 12 months.

So, if you are going to retrain, do it because you want to and that it is something you want to do regardless of if it qualifies for migration. 

thank you for your response, may i ask risky in which way? you mean i might be disqualified permanently? 

I know a girl who trained as a hairdresser to get her visa and she now lives in Sydney. I think she did work as hairdresser in the UK for a few years before applying.

As VERYSTORMY says, you just can't tell if welding will still be on the list by the time you qualify. But welding isn't a bad way to earn a living and if it's something you are happy doing in the UK, go for it.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, SusieRoo said:

I know a girl who trained as a hairdresser to get her visa and she now lives in Sydney. I think she did work as hairdresser in the UK for a few years before applying.

As VERYSTORMY says, you just can't tell if welding will still be on the list by the time you qualify. But welding isn't a bad way to earn a living and if it's something you are happy doing in the UK, go for it.

thank you for your response, i was wondering about try to do the exam only after i take the course can i pass it or not we have a small shop for making water buckets they weld the stuff so i want to practice there the thing is can i pass the exam only after six months training or no, not talking about the processes i know they require a lot of year experience before qualifying you for step 2 which is the test

A sixth month course is not going to get you even close to the minimum needed. For example, a standard apprenticeship is two years and results in an NVQ2. And that isn't even enough. You would need to do what is often called now an advanced apprenticeship in order to gain NVQ 3. Then, you would need to work as a full time welder for a number of years.