Moving Home!

Sarahelle

42 minutes ago, Paul1Perth said:

I've never got the isolation argument. Never felt too far away from anywhere. I love WA and Perth is buzzing, it's just that a lot of people sit at home and moan without even going in and giving it a try. 

Nope, that's not the case at all.   It depends what you enjoy doing.   There may be heaps of stuff in Perth that YOU enjoy doing, but not everyone enjoys the same things. 

Let's say you loved Druid circle dancing and there was no Druid circle dancing in Perth, whereas in England it was so popular, you were constantly going to classes and festivals and shows.  You'd feel isolated and bored in Perth.   It's true to say that IF you had no choice, and you were forced to stay in Perth on pain of death, then you'd cpmpromise - you'd find something else to fill your time. But IF you have a choice to go back to England and your favourite pastime, why should you compromise?  Why not go back to a place where the things you like are truly abundant?  

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Marisawright said:

Nope, that's not the case at all.   It depends what you enjoy doing.   There may be heaps of stuff in Perth that YOU enjoy doing, but not everyone enjoys the same things. 

Let's say you loved Druid circle dancing and there was no Druid circle dancing in Perth, whereas in England it was so popular, you were constantly going to classes and festivals and shows.  You'd feel isolated and bored in Perth.   It's true to say that IF you had no choice, and you were forced to stay in Perth on pain of death, then you'd cpmpromise - you'd find something else to fill your time. But IF you have a choice to go back to England and your favourite pastime, why should you compromise?  Why not go back to a place where the things you like are truly abundant?  

Nicely put. I love the country shows and things like the food and wine shows in the UK. I tried a few in Victoria but was left disappointed. Same with markets and fetes. The best ones to me were “ok” the rest run down the scale to “absolute crap”. Overpriced is a theme.

I worked with a lady from Scotland who loves living in Melbourne but she has said when people tell her there is a “great market” she must visit she smiles and nods and doesn’t bother as she finds them all lacking. 

I find many things geared towards families with small children. I don’t want my face painted or to jump on a bouncy castle. 

Not interested in bands and things and rarely eat out so that sort of thing doesn’t help either. Same with water sports.

Just how it is. I’m not about to stay somewhere I find boring just because someone else says it’s not and I should suddenly have an interest in things I don’t want to do. On the other hand if someone says they are having a ball and never want to leave I wouldn’t call them an overcompensating liar either and demand they fess up to being bored and leave just because I want to. I’d accept that they like doing different things to me and leave them to it.

It’s helpful on this site when people offer up suggestions for things to do, as sometimes options come up that may not have been considered or even known about and gives people who are struggling things to consider trying if the idea appeals to them.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On ‎26‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 05:30, Sarahelle said:

Hey,

I know I'm jumping the gun a bit, but we're planning on moving back home to the South West of England - now we're not actually moving until the end of next year, but I'm already excited ?

Is that wrong???

Not wrong - you have a plan and the seed is planted.   Exciting times ahead for you all !!  Its good back here.

• Like 1