Masterchef fancy desserts

starlight7

Watching Masterchef on deserts and thinking I would never take all that trouble and fiddle about to make really fancy desserts .  Would you?  The most fancy things I make are apple pies, trifles and mousse and that is only on occasions.  Usually if we want a dessert I just slop out yoghurt and strawberries or mango in season. Sometimes bread and butter puds  or apple crumble because they are quick and easy.  That's it really.

12 hours ago, starlight7 said:

Watching Masterchef on deserts and thinking I would never take all that trouble and fiddle about to make really fancy desserts .  Would you?  The most fancy things I make are apple pies, trifles and mousse and that is only on occasions.  Usually if we want a dessert I just slop out yoghurt and strawberries or mango in season. Sometimes bread and butter puds  or apple crumble because they are quick and easy.  That's it really.

I don't watch Masterchef or any of the other cooking shows.  I'm the same as you - don't go in for anything fiddly and fancy and we don't often have desserts.  Apple pies, crumbles and a couple of other old style puddings are all I attempt.  Fruit salad in the summer.  OH enjoys different varieties of cheese.

I really love making desserts when we have family/friends here, which is strange really as I don’t eat them or like cream which is in most of them. Got lots of lemons at the moment and my husband is dreaming of a lemon meringue pie!!

On 25/06/2018 at 18:31, starlight7 said:

I love lemon meringue pie- send me some 'virtual lemons' hehe.  Our tree got gall wasp and we cut off all the branches.  It has re grown but no lemons for 2 years now. 

My OH pruned one of our lemon trees too far back a couple of years ago so we had no lemons on it last year.  It has recovered from it's surgery and has a good few on it now.

005.JPG

• Like 2

We eat deserts a lot, particularly on a Sunday, as I normally make a Sunday lunch to serve about 3pm, then we have the desert in the evening. But generally nothing "fancy". Last weekend was Eton Mess - strawberries are excellent this year. During the week, we often have something very simple. My wife made strawberry jellies the other day with fresh strawberries in it - loads of little shot glasses of it. So, on a evening maybe one of them with a slice of melon