189 Real processing times...

Just wondering if anyone knows of the current actual processing times for 189 visas... We lodged on the 5th of January 2018, front loaded police checks, medicals and F80's... Our agent thought processing times would be around 12-16 weeks, but the government site has jumped to 8-11 months. 

I'm wondering if anyone else lodged late December/early January and has heard anything at all? 

We're getting so anxious with the wait, not knowing when to let our kids schools know they'll be leaving, plan to sell the house etc and think a genuine rough timescale from anyone currently  'in the system' would be so helpful! 

It depends on how many points you lodged with. At the moment, nobody is being invited with less than 75 points. Some occupations though such as accountants are not being invited at all. 

However, it is new financial year in a couple of weeks - 1st July and things generally reset then

The processing times have been very erratic in the last six months, I have seen many with wait times similar to you and others wait a mater of a few weeks, with no real rhym of reason behind either. I "hope" this will stabilise a bit more after July 1. 

Though please tell your agent he is a moron for getting you to pre load medicals and police checks as this is now going to cause you grief, as you all have to make first entry within 12 months of when they were done (which ever was earliest). It doesn't speed up anything as they sit in the background until the co would have asked for them. 

Thanks for replying... It's kind of a relief to know that others have experienced a long wait too... I've tried to get a handle of some sort of pattern re timescales, but can't find anything at all. It's absolutely draining hoping every week that goes by that we'll hear something whilst trying to pretend to our older kids that we're totally relaxed about the whole thing so we don't freak them out! I'm also very aware that were far from the only family in this boat, and are really lucky to be able to apply at all. 

Supposedly things pick up in July because their fiscal year ends at the end of June. So, I'm probably stating this completely inaccurately, but they were processing like 1000 a month prior to last Septemberish and inviting way more people too, but because they do their visas in 2 year blocks (and the current one ends in June) they were at a point where they had hit their visa goal so they slowed down processing, and it should pick up again at the start of the new fiscal year/new visa pattern. 

Hope this helps!

Edited by MaggieMay24
Removed external site reference.

• 3 weeks later...
On 26/06/2018 at 13:28, Theevans said:

So, we received our grant this morning - completely out of the blue! So completely relieved! Now, the fun begins..... ?

Oh wow, Congrats! I am about to lodge my application in a day or two for 189 with 75 points. Hoping all goes smoothly. So this means you got a direct grant yeah? 

Cheers,

Sonia