Cheapest way to transport 15-20kg from melbourne to uk

Rishi80

Hi all

i’ve Been in Melbourne for 7 months and am flying back via Cathay pacific in 10 days to the UK permanently.

I have a 30kg check in allowance and am taking a 15kg bike back as part of this (the cost of shipping the bike was too great as I saw quotes of over 400 dollars)

I therefore need to find a really cheap way to transport the suitcase (mainly clothes and 2 books) of 15-20kg back.

I don’t mind about the time so can do shipping if much cheaper but was wondering if anyone can help as my budget is about 150 oz dollars max and preferably less

Can anyone help?

I've been looking at this sort of thing. My (Aussie) partner already has a full  house, so just have a few extra boxes of personal stuff to shift on top of a regular luggage allowance. I found that parcel couriers can be suprisingly competetive. Check out Landmark Global's "World Heavy Parcel" service. They carry 20kg for around £95 door to door, and also have a 30kg service for about £110. It goes by air so only takes 1-2 weeks.

• 1 month later...