Hello

I am new here and this is my first post. 

Can anyone tell me what is the current timeline for state nomination for 190 visa, from Tasmania. 

I applied for state sponsorship on 11 June 2018 under the category Overseas applicant, Job offer (I was able to get a 4 year contract from an employer). 

I know it says on the official website that the processing time is between 2 to 8 weeks , but I was hoping that they might offer an expedited service for applications with job offer. 

Please guide.

EOI Points: 65+5(for state sponsorship)

English: Superior (PTE,15/5/2018)

EOI lodged: 2/6/2018 (Tasmania)

State nomination application launched: 11/6/2018

24 minutes ago, VERYSTORMY said:

Unlikely and at the moment all visas are blowing out in time lines. Also, note that Tas often refuse 190 and offer 489 instead

Thanks for the info. I hope I am able to get the invitation. As I have a job offer in my occupation switching to a permanent visa will not be an issue after a year.

Also can you please tell me if the state can find out if the applicant has applied for sponsorship from multiple states ( even if you have used different EOIs for different states) My agent informed me that states only use EOIs to check if you have applied for multiple state sponsorship. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 15/07/2018 at 13:26, Vhrathi said:

Can you please share process you adopted in securing the Job offer. It would be helpful for others in the group. From which company you have secured job offer and which field. Thanks in anticipation.

I was just applying through job sites, like seek.com.au and honestly I didn't have much hope of getting an offer. I was barely applying to get an interest from potential employers so I can present it for my 489 application. I was also sending my cv to recruitment agencies, like Hays recruitment and one of their clients picked up my cv. They conducted a few interviews on Skype, and offered me a contract. I am a mechanical engineer, with 10 years post graduate experience, masters from England, and Work experience experience in Pakistan, England and Germany.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Kaleem said:

State nomination received for 489 visa from Tasmania.

That's great news. Do you have family in Tasmania? Or do you just have to have family in Australia to be eligible for 489?

Edited by jdiane