TSS STSOL - Possibilty of Perm Res

gebb2k

Hey guys,

I've spent the last few days getting my head around the new TSS Visa and what they allow.

I am looking at being sponsored by a company on a Short Term TSS. From all my reading it seems there is no way for a 2 year/ 4 year Short Term TSS to turn into Permanent Residence- unless a) my job moves into the MLTSSL, or b) I get sponsored to work in regional Australia.

I am keen on going ahead with the 2 year TSS visa, but I would be guttered if I had to come back to the UK sooner than I would have liked. Is there another option (apart from marrying an Aussie) for staying on in Australia? - I haven't found one in my research, but wondered have I missed something?

All the sponsorship visas that offer PR seem to only apply to professions in the MLTSSL list.

Ta

G

The TSS visa is designed to fill short-term gaps in the labour market, that's all.   If you're lucky, you may get a renewal and be able to stay another two years - but it's entirely up to the employer.  I'm sure you also know that the visa is only valid while you work for that employer, so if the company goes bust or you don't like the job and leave, you have to go home.

The advice you'll hear from everyone here is - if you come on a TSS visa, assume you're going home at the end, because most people do.   Regard the possibility of getting PR as a nice bonus.

Have you checked out state sponsorship as well as the normal skilled visa.  Different states have different requirements.  Otherwise, you're out of options.  As a migration agent said on here recently, the harsh reality is that the majority of people are simply not eligible to migrate.  The list of eligible occupations is shrinking all the time and the points you need are getting higher.

Just ensure you pursue the temporary visa with the view that you will be returning to the Uk at the end of it. I've seen too many people sell up, come over on a temp visa, not qualify for PR and have to move back to Blighty, esp difficult if there are kids involved.