Dog Migration - Checkups on stop over & destination

Inrush

Hi all,

We are offshore and recently received PR and were in the process getting the paperwork organised for bringing our 7.5 yr German Shepherd. 

There is one thing that has the potential to put the brakes on everything - our dog is very friendly to strange people but he will turn aggressive quickly if a stranger starts to try prod/probe him etc. From what I understand he must travel in crate without a muzzle.

Is anyone familiar with what happens when he stops off at Abu Dhabi / Dubai and then finally in Melbourne?

I fear he will freak out and could potentially get refused travel if the necessary people cannot examine him in my absence. 

Not sure whether to put the whole move on hold for a period of time. Leaving him here is not an option unfortuantley.

Would love to hear the opinions of people involved in animal transport Bob etc?

Thanks

That sort of question is probably best answered by a pet shipper as tbh none of us really know exactly how it works in the stopovers.

Contact Bob at Pet Air who can probably explain that part of the process to you properly. 

Here is a link to his section of the forum

https://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/35-shipping-pets-ask-pet-air/

It’s an important matter, get it right and hear it from someone who is actually involved in the shipping side, not just an owner. It could be there are ways to inform those who will be handling the dog or some such. If there is, Bob will know.