Primary School Teachers

Rain

Hey, I was just wondering if there were any Primary Teachers on here applying for/have been successfully accepted on a skilled visa. 

so, basically I have 85 points and can apply for 190 and 489 regional. I am registered and accepted by the Dept of Education in NSW & VIC ...the only thing I have to do now is study a post grad or MA for the additional year of study. Has anyone else done this? or have any insight with their applications? I have recently returned to the UK to study for the year before I apply for my skilled assessment and EOI. Any information would be helpful.

thanks 

Rain

• Like 1

You can get conditional registration in NSW and do casual work with only a 3 year degree. 

I have a 3 primary ed degree, then did a Masters in Special ed as I ended up working I Special needs school and I much preferred it. I’ve applied for my 190 visa as a special needs teacher. You will definitely have to do a further year to get approved by AITSL. 

• 1 month later...
On 17/06/2018 at 15:05, Quoll said:

You’ve been registered with only 3 year’s qualification? Someone has boobed there! 

Not at all. The relevant States' Education Departments decide on who is really qualified to teach and not AITSL. My wife also did a 3 year BA in primary education and too is registered to teach in two different states in Australia, was a simple process. According to the relevant states we dealt with it's actually harder to obtain teaching registration if applying via the 3yr +1 yr PGCE route, a further portfolio is required on top of further assessments.