Ielts results

Phil1712

Hi I have received my results today and have a overall band of 8. Is this the mark that is recognised towards the points system? I got an 8 in speaking and listening a 7 in writing and a 9 in reading. 

I hope it the overall band as don't want to sit the exam again.

I think it depends on the occupation you select on the 189 list.

For example for Accountant (General) we had to do Academic, perhaps some other professions you would be ok with general.

Also as verystormy has said, you need to get 8+ in all bands to claims the points. The overall band does not count when claiming points.

With 8 8 7 9, as you mentioned you will get 10 points.

57 minutes ago, lothar said:

I think it depends on the occupation you select on the 189 list.

For example for Accountant (General) we had to do Academic, perhaps some other professions you would be ok with general.

Also as verystormy has said, you need to get 8+ in all bands to claims the points. The overall band does not count when claiming points.

With 8 8 7 9, as you mentioned you will get 10 points.

For some professions you need a 7 or greater across the board in the Academic test.

For points you can sit the General to get 8 or greater across the board to get 20 points. 

3 hours ago, Phil1712 said:

It is very frustrating. All booked again to try on the 30th June. Wish me luck

i am in the same boat as you. i have done IELTS twice each time i get 7.5 in one category. first time it was writing and then last time it was speaking. i tried the PTE last week, but halfway through the speaking section i knew it was a lost cause, because the guy next to me was hollering, i couldn't even hear myself think. i am sure my recordings were picking up his voice. i got a very low score in speaking. it will be a while before i convince myself to try the PTE again. (maybe if i find a centre with an enclosed booth)

i am trying the IELTS  again in July.  my plan is just to keep hammering at it . Good luck in your next exam.

44 minutes ago, Rasrad said:

i am in the same boat as you. i have done IELTS twice each time i get 7.5 in one category. first time it was writing and then last time it was speaking. i tried the PTE last week, but halfway through the speaking section i knew it was a lost cause, because the guy next to me was hollering, i couldn't even hear myself think. i am sure my recordings were picking up his voice. i got a very low score in speaking. it will be a while before i convince myself to try the PTE again. (maybe if i find a centre with an enclosed booth)

i am trying the IELTS  again in July.  my plan is just to keep hammering at it . Good luck in your next exam.

Good luck