482 TSS - Can I appeal or reapplied if my visa is refused because of the GTE criteria (Genuine Temporary Entrant)?

Eva

Hi everybody. I am trying to find a sponsor for a 482, my job title is in the shortlist. Because of that, I am a bit scared of the GTE rule (Genuine Temporary Entrant) as I have been in Australia for 4 years (see my own story below). Did you have your visa refused because of GTE? What is the best way to avoid this? Also if the 482 visa is refused, can I re-apply for a 482 later? What are my options?

A bit more about my situation:

I have been in Australia for 3.5 years, working for the same company in a Senior role. I spent 2 years under my 457, then the company nominate for the PR (ENS 186 Direct Entry) a before my 457 expires. After 15 months, the nomination of my employer has been refused "Lack of evidence regarding the training". They have done it, they have all the documents to prove it, BUT they didn't provide them and the case officer just rejected the application without giving us a chance to provide the right proof. Anyway, that is my current story and I am trying to find a way to stay here and work.

Hi Samson, thanks for your reply. It is more complicated than that. The AAT will look at the appeal in 12 months at least, I am not sure what will be the situation of this company by then, unfortunately.

My question was more about the 482 TSS then what to do with my current refusal. Appealing is something that I am also exploring but I have all the answers to that. Thanks for your suggestion though ?

• 3 months later...
On 14/06/2018 at 17:31, Eva said:

Hi everybody. I am trying to find a sponsor for a 482, my job title is in the shortlist. Because of that, I am a bit scared of the GTE rule (Genuine Temporary Entrant) as I have been in Australia for 4 years (see my own story below). Did you have your visa refused because of GTE? What is the best way to avoid this? Also if the 482 visa is refused, can I re-apply for a 482 later? What are my options?

A bit more about my situation:

I have been in Australia for 3.5 years, working for the same company in a Senior role. I spent 2 years under my 457, then the company nominate for the PR (ENS 186 Direct Entry) a before my 457 expires. After 15 months, the nomination of my employer has been refused "Lack of evidence regarding the training". They have done it, they have all the documents to prove it, BUT they didn't provide them and the case officer just rejected the application without giving us a chance to provide the right proof. Anyway, that is my current story and I am trying to find a way to stay here and work.

Because the 482 is so new, it is too early to tell how vigorously the GTE criteria will be applied. 

Generally however, you should not have a problem unless you have already held two 482 visas or your have been in Australia for more than 4 years.

• 1 month later...

Because the 482 is so new, it is too early to tell how vigorously the GTE criteria will be applied. 
Generally however, you should not have a problem unless you have already held two 482 visas or your have been in Australia for more than 4 years.

Can u apply 187DE or 190 while you are on 482??

• 4 weeks later...