Temporary accomodation / furniture

restfamily

Hi

I am trying to work out the logistics of our move - a nightmare many of you have probably been through!

I am planning on staying in a serviced apartment for a few weeks while we find somewhere to rent, but I am them wondering what we do in the first 5/6 weeks in our new rental house before all our stuff arrives e.g. bed and fridge? Any clever suggestions? Anyone rented furniture?

thanks

• 3 months later...

Hi

Look on the Britvics website as there is a forum on there for people who will lend out things you will need when you arrive. Wish i had known about this when i first got here. Saying that though you will be able to pick up a kettle and toaster for about $10 each from Coles or The Good Guys. There are plenty of really cheap shops here til you stuff comes but hopefully for things like tables and chairs or beds etc someone will lend you one on Britvics. Best of luck and yes i remember all the stress especially having to ship the cot. Our then just under 2 year old was in our bed here for about 3 months til his cot came never went to sleep NIGHTMARE IT WAS!

Georgie

Hi restfamily

It is quite expensive here to rent furniture, we had to wait weeks for all our stuff and just went and and brought a few bits as we needed a new computer desk (got lap top with us) and a few new towels etc, we were lucky to borrow a fridge / freezer from a friend of my hubbys who lives out here, we brought a washing machine of ebay cheap and then re sold it again a few weeks later and lost nothing, (just so you know if you do have ebay sign up dont loose all your points by starting a new account just change your country we did and kept all our feedback and it all works fine)

gizmo

Archived