Applying for 189 whilst on TSS

So im after some advice....

We’re looking at moving to Australia on a TSS (I’ve been offered a job already and sponsorship in process). However  we want PR and believe we can get this.  We submitted an EOI for a 189 back in April at 80 points and subject to the MLTSSL not changing we should get an invite in the next few months. 

Because of the job we’re looking to go on a TSS with me as the main visa applicant so that we can get over there for my start date. On receipt of an invite for a 189 we would then apply for this with my husband as the main applicant. Likelihood is that a 189 application would be in process at the same we go to Australia. 

Anyone done this? Or know much about going on one visa then applying for another? Like I said, different primary visa applicants but we’ll each be on each other’s. 

On being granted Will the 189 just cancel out the TSS? 

Thanks! 

Yes, it is possible to go from a TSS to a 189. You just have to be careful of timing, as if the 189 is approved first, the TSS can cancel the 189.

As you lodged an EOI in April with 80 points, I am guessing you are an Accountant or an Auditor. Currently they are inviting Accountants on 80 points who lodged in January 2018.