New visa applicant

"But be careful of your points as that is VERY high and over alimony a single point will result in a refusal and loss of fee and possibly worse "-What do you mean by this ?I am an accountant  which is there in SOL...Could you please tell me the reason for refusal ? 

My wife had 80 points as an accountant and we got an invite in two days.

So if you can prove you have 80 its easy, the hard part is proving it. Many people have a quick run down the self assessment calculator and then say oh easy I have 80.

I assume you are under 33, to give max points for age.

So the remaining points would most likely be english test, degree and experience.

Have you written the english test and achieved the marks needed for 20points?

Have you assessed your degree? Have you assessed your work experience?

Until all of the above is done, then you can't say you have 80 points.

Edited by lothar
  • Like 1

We have 80 points for Accountant and submitted our EOI in April. Still no invite as they have reduced the number of people being invited. I believe from the 23 May skill select results that accountants who submitted 80 point EOIs up to mid Jan 18 have been invited so there is something of a queue! 

You cant submit your EOI without having had your skills assessed. And if you’re claiming points for English you need to have sat the test and got the results. My skills assessment needed English test results before I could submit that so if you haven’t already done these things it’s not a quick thing to do! 

12 hours ago, lothar said:

My wife had 80 points as an accountant and we got an invite in two days.

So if you can prove you have 80 its easy, the hard part is proving it. Many people have a quick run down the self assessment calculator and then say oh easy I have 80.

I assume you are under 33, to give max points for age.

So the remaining points would most likely be english test, degree and experience.

Have you written the english test and achieved the marks needed for 20points?

Have you assessed your degree? Have you assessed your work experience?

Until all of the above is done, then you can't say you have 80 points.

Thank you so much for the quick reply..My age is 32 with 9 years exp and done with my mba in finance...I know i have to score 20 points in PTE which I am preapring for tp make 801 points..Thank you guys ...

11 hours ago, Stayorgo said:

We have 80 points for Accountant and submitted our EOI in April. Still no invite as they have reduced the number of people being invited. I believe from the 23 May skill select results that accountants who submitted 80 point EOIs up to mid Jan 18 have been invited so there is something of a queue! 

You cant submit your EOI without having had your skills assessed. And if you’re claiming points for English you need to have sat the test and got the results. My skills assessment needed English test results before I could submit that so if you haven’t already done these things it’s not a quick thing to do! 

Thank you so much for the advise..My age is 32 with 9 years exp and done with my mba in finance...I know i have to score 20 points in PTE which I am preparing for t make 801points..Thank you ...

Ok, so you will want to submit your EOI as long as possible before you turn 33 and lose 5 points. The difference between submitting on 80 and 75 is huge at this point as much as a year difference in waiting times.

Book your English test ASAP, and while waiting for that get your documents ready that are needed for assessment. The assessment will also take between 5 and 7 weeks depending on which accounting body you use to assess.

Ok get on in ASAP, from this point until EOI submitting is at around 2months, the new immigration cycle starts in July so if they follow last years pattern thats where most invites will be July-Oct. From Dec 2017 until now I think there has only been 1 round of draws to invite accountants, which is causing the backlog as mentioned by Stayorgo.

Moral of the story is get this done as soon as possible.

The present co I completed 7 years 4 months and I got reference letter also ..Previous co I had work exp of 2 years 5 months and even for that co I got reference letter already .With the present company my duties are completely of  general accountant  but in the previous co i worked as accountant and operations executive .So I am hoping for the best..

Some more info.

A) For Degree Assessment:

Did you do a degree or just a MBA? When they assess your degree/MBA they look at two things.

1) Is it comparable to an Aus degree.

2) Only if it is comparable to an Aus degree, they will then check the content of your degrees (this is why you submit a syllabus) you need to have at least 7 of 9 core areas I believe.

B) Work Experience Assessment:

You say you have work reference letters, did you get the format of these letters from the ICAA/CPA website? These things need to be very specific, like Title, Dates started, ended, salary, hours worked ie) full or part time, signed by manager, on letter head, be in colour and have a very detailed list of work. I think my wife has 2-3 pages per role of about 3 years each. She had 4 letters in total.

The CPA and ICAA websites are very good, they detail everything you need and how it needs to be sent, ie) Your syllabus, has to be dated, signed and stamped each page, printed on a letter head, printed in colour and the syllabus needs to be relevant to the time YOU did the degree, for example you can't send them 2018's syllabus.

I spent hours on the CPA and ICAA websites before submitting my wife's assessment (I actually submitted to both of them just to be safe and got positive back from both)

You will also need a lot of paperwork for the years you worked, like pay slips, contracts or bank statements etc. 

All the info is on the CPA and ICAA webpages, make sure you read them thoroughly and provide as much as possible.

• Like 1

I did my BCOM and then MBA ...I feel I have covered all the subjects which are mentioned under CPA AUS..Work exp /reference letters I have tried to make them as per the requirements..Will update once I get to hear from skill assessment team

Thank you ..;Which country your are from ?