You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Bryson67

Skills select EOI not giving me 10 points for vetassess qualification

Can anyone help please? I have just submitted an expression of interest for which I should have 60 points but for some reason I have not been awarded 10 points for skills after passing vetassess carpenter joiner assessment. I may have incorrectly filled in the form. Any help greatly appreciated  thanks in advance 

13 minutes ago, Bryson67 said:

Can anyone help please? I have just submitted an expression of interest for which I should have 60 points but for some reason I have not been awarded 10 points for skills after passing vetassess carpenter joiner assessment. I may have incorrectly filled in the form. Any help greatly appreciated  thanks in advance 

Where and how did u find out u have not awarded 10 points .. which state did u apply for ??? When did u apply !??

Adelaide, South Australia. And at the end of the EOI it said I had 45 points for 189, 50 for 190 and 55 for 489. When I looked at the points awarded breakdown no points were awarded for skills assessment. I applied a few hours ago. 🙂

Hi,  what category have you selected under the qualifications bit ? 

A

None, because the next page asks about a skills assessment? Im a time served joiner so have no formal qualification except now the skills assessment 

SKills assessments are a mandatory part of skilled visa applications and do not award visa points as you would not be able to apply without it.

If you are referring to the section that says -

An award or qualification recognized by the relevant assessing authority for your nominated skilled occupation. 

Then this refers to 10 points for your Uk trade qualification that is confirmed by your skills assessment (VETASSESS). You will not receive 10 for your UK qualification as well as 10 for your skills assessment.

Maybe try contacting some of the MARA agents on the site, they will be able to help out. As without your NVQ, but do have a positive skills assessment I'm not sure in how immi will go about awarding points.

@Raul Senise

13 hours ago, Bryson67 said:

Thanks Woody I will 🙂

Hey Bryson did u find out why ????have your issue been solved 

20 hours ago, Bryson67 said:

None, because the next page asks about a skills assessment? Im a time served joiner so have no formal qualification except now the skills assessment 

Hi Bryson,

I also don’t have a uk qualification for my trade but when I passed the vetassess assessment I was issued with the Australian equivalent qualification so this is what gets the ten points. The actual certificate was sent to my agent through the post and arrived a couple of weeks after the result showed as successful on vetassess. Best to give vetassess a call and check that you have been awarded the Australian qualification. They have a uk number available 7am to 11am and are very helpful.

• Thanks 1

Not solved yet woody I will keep you posted. I am almost certain it is because I have filled in the EOI incorrectly. Thanks nakney I have passed but nothing received in the post as yet and the outcome letter via pdf I cannot access, I've emailed vetassess about that.

• Like 1