You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Perthbum

World Cup Thread

England have the youngest and most inexperienced squad in the tournament, no one gives them a chance over here and I have yet to see and England flag ? I think the lack of expectation might do them good for once....I think they will get to the semis...Brazil to win it for me.

Drinking rum before 11am does not make you an alcoholic, it makes you pirate..

5 hours ago, Perthbum said:

England have the youngest and most inexperienced squad in the tournament, no one gives them a chance over here and I have yet to see and England flag ? I think the lack of expectation might do them good for once....I think they will get to the semis...Brazil to win it for me.

I like that.  ”lack of expectation”, “I think they will get to the semis”.  No lack of expectation there given that the semis would equal England’s best result outside of England in the history of the tournament.  Hope you’re right though.

• Like 2

Timeline: 309/100 Sent 7/8/13, Money Taken 9/8/13, CO appointed 3/9/13. Med 3/12/13. Police check 4/12/13. VISA GRANTED 8/4/14, Subclass100. Recce August 2014. Arrived 30 July 2015.

9 hours ago, Perthbum said:

You could be right , so many times the media have hyped them up and fallen flat , it will certainly give the country a lift if they do well , this from a welsh man ! 

It's only really advertised here on the ABC as they seem to be the only channel showing it. For some strange reason Foxtel sold the premiership rights to Optus last year. I think you have to sign up for some Optus streaming account to see it.

Don't know anyone that has one and I have loads of friends who still follow their teams.

Good get for ABC I reckon.

40 minutes ago, Paul1Perth said:

It's only really advertised here on the ABC as they seem to be the only channel showing it. For some strange reason Foxtel sold the premiership rights to Optus last year. I think you have to sign up for some Optus streaming account to see it.

Don't know anyone that has one and I have loads of friends who still follow their teams.

Actually it’s going to be on SBS.

Timeline: 309/100 Sent 7/8/13, Money Taken 9/8/13, CO appointed 3/9/13. Med 3/12/13. Police check 4/12/13. VISA GRANTED 8/4/14, Subclass100. Recce August 2014. Arrived 30 July 2015.

43 minutes ago, Paul1Perth said:

The games are on SBS not positive but I don't think any are on ABC.

7 hours ago, Gbye grey sky said:

I like that.  ”lack of expectation”, “I think they will get to the semis”.  No lack of expectation there given that the semis would equal England’s best result outside of England in the history of the tournament.  Hope you’re right though.

They got to the semis in 1990 and although outplaying the Germans lost on pens.

56 minutes ago, Perthbum said:

They got to the semis in 1990 and although outplaying the Germans lost on pens.

I know.

Australia to win.

• Haha 1

I want it all, and I want it now.

As England always let me down I'll be supporting my local team this year Australia, I know they will do nothing so won't have the disappointment to deal with ⚽

On 13/06/2018 at 11:35, Parley said:

Australia to win.

have you had a bet, they are a good price.

There's a reason for that.

Who is watch France v Australia ?

I want it all, and I want it now.

24 minutes ago, Parley said:

We are watching Ireland v Australia - rugby union.

42 minutes ago, Parley said:

We weren’t going to watch but the Crows are doing that badly against Hawthorn my OH couldn’t bear to watch and put the France v Australia match on instead.  So far Australia are doing much better than I thought they would.  Just a shame the French goal keeper is playing well.

• Like 2

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain but it takes character and self control to be understanding and forgiving.

Dale Carnegie – 1888-1955, Author and Lecturer

Fingers crossed NicF ,no score yet.  Would be very,very surprised if we won though ( or even drew!)

1 hour ago, NicF said:

We weren’t going to watch but the Crows are doing that badly against Hawthorn my OH couldn’t bear to watch and put the France v Australia match on instead.  So far Australia are doing much better than I thought they would.  Just a shame the French goal keeper is playing well.

Crows doing badly is good.  No idea or interest in the other crap!

Well done England,

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40,000 at the Rugby international, 82,000+ at Origin 2.  No contest really 

5 hours ago, Bulya said:

40,000 at the Rugby international, 82,000+ at Origin 2.  No contest really 

850 million watching England win 5-1 last night global audience.....no contest really.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Perthbum said:

850 million watching England win 5-1 last night global audience.....no contest really.

They won 6-1 ?

9 minutes ago, Sandgroper said:

They won 6-1 ?

?

Posted (edited)

Was it worth getting up at 4AM for - probably.

Was it more entertaining than AFL - oh yes!

Edited by unzippy
  • Like 4

Well done England.