Passport renewals prior to emigrating

ABG

So we’re on countdown to leave, T-minus 3 months and counting. What’s the minimum you’d time remaining on your passport you’d leave before renewing? We need to renew for our youngest as he’s only got 12 months left so no point leaving it, but then question my daughter’s and my passport which have 3 and 4 years left respectively. How easy is it to renew from Oz? If it’s pretty simple then I won’t renew the other 2, but if it’s a PITA then I’ll send all 3 in at once.

Agree. It’s very easy to do from Australia when the time comes. Costs the same regardless of being in the UK or overseas as all passport applications go via the UK now. 

Having a few years left is fine. I’d not bother till down to the last 6 months.

Thanks everyone!  Checked my son's passport and it actually has 14 months left on it so will leave that one as well.  Figure it will be easier going in with the original passports that the visas were granted on.

• Like 1