How long to pack up life in uk

tab

Am beginning to panic now about how much there is to do in order to move back to Australia by January. I've set the ball rolling and my house sold with in a week first time buyers moving in in August.  We then as a family single mum with 3 children are moving into a rental house I own to try and tidy and fix damage and get on the market . I'm an Australian citizen but need to sponsor my children as was blessed with them through adoption sadly no spare cash until July to even apply all gone on house. I need to register with aphra  as a nurse and midwife.  sell my furniture and pack belongings . Any positive inspirational stories appreciated of packing up on a tight deadline.  we need to move this date as got friends organising a house rental in oz and hopefully correlate with new school year  

Assuming the visas get sorted quickly I would say you have plenty of time.  You have sold your main home which is obviously key, and even if your rental property takes a while to sell I guess you should be OK financially.  You seem to me to have sorted the important stuff - Sold house, worked out the visa required, sorted rental in Australia.  Selling stuff I would do gradually on Facebook etc, I find it pretty easy.  You have lots of time IMO.

my biggest worry is the kids visas we went on holiday to oz in March and have also spent money on house so credit card almost maxed out. Lots of money coming in with house sale but daren't apply for visas until bank account looking more healthy which cuts it fine for them to arrive. have been advised can take kids on tourist visa if necessary and leave oz to have validated residency visa. I have all my paperwork together and plan to fromtload police check and medical  

From the surprise date (it had taken >2 years) our visas arrived in our inbox to the date we landed in Perth was 4 weeks. For one of those weeks I was bedridden with proper flu. It can be done fairly quickly to get from a state of zero preparedness to ready to go. But you may have to make hard choices about possessions to keep, dump etc. Once the cost of moving something is calculated you may find you're less fond of certain things.

Furniture wise not taking hardly anything but planning on large move cube for clothes toys books kitchen stuff añd personal items. will be a pain but not impossible if kids visas not back as will mean will have to pay for education.  Have a back up plan of home ed  for òlder two and pay primary fees for youngest if necessary. My friends in perth have already got me a house full of furniture which is in storage on a friends farm. Thanks for replying practical wise I'm pretty motivated but it's the àdmin crap I hate and there's soon much!!!