Jump to content

You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

justcantwait

RRV expired

    Recommended Posts

    Hi everyone

    My son needs to apply for an RRV, he left in 2014, he had been in Oz over 4 yrs and didn't get citizenship, a teenager who knew better. Was never going to come back!

    I got him a five yr RRV which ran out last October, he never used the RRV, now he needs to come back in August.

    He has ties here, mum, dad, brother and sister and we can get a letter of employment for him. We are all citizens and have been here 10yrs.

    What do people think our chances are, i assume we will only get a 12mth visa. If it gets refused will we get a ban or just  a refusal?

     Is it worth using an agent as we have a short timeline, and does anyone know roughly how long they are taking. He has no criminal record. Will he need to do a police check?

     

    thank you for your help 🙂

     

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    If you are short on time and unsure, consult an agent. As this could be his last chance at an RRV he really doesn’t want to risk messing it up. 

    • Like 1
    • Thanks 1

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    I would recommend Go Matilda - they helped me in a similar situation

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    The agent has just got back to me, they are saying we can apply overseas or get a tourist visa and apply here. I thought the tourist visa could cancel the pr visa?

    Any thoughts on this?

     

    thank you x

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    36 minutes ago, justcantwait said:

    The agent has just got back to me, they are saying we can apply overseas or get a tourist visa and apply here. I thought the tourist visa could cancel the pr visa?

    Any thoughts on this?

     

    thank you x

    If you have a Registered Migration Agent, they should be able to answer this question. However, see my post here for general information on the subject: 

     


    ____________________________________________________________________

    Paul Hand

    Registered Migration Agent, MARN 1801974

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    22 hours ago, justcantwait said:

    Hi everyone

    My son needs to apply for an RRV, he left in 2014, he had been in Oz over 4 yrs and didn't get citizenship, a teenager who knew better. Was never going to come back!

    I got him a five yr RRV which ran out last October, he never used the RRV, now he needs to come back in August.

    He has ties here, mum, dad, brother and sister and we can get a letter of employment for him. We are all citizens and have been here 10yrs.

    What do people think our chances are, i assume we will only get a 12mth visa. If it gets refused will we get a ban or just  a refusal?

     Is it worth using an agent as we have a short timeline, and does anyone know roughly how long they are taking. He has no criminal record. Will he need to do a police check?

     

    thank you for your help 🙂

     

    Im in the same boat here, my daughter now wants to come back after her PR expired

    • Like 1

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    2 hours ago, Proview220 said:

    Im in the same boat here, my daughter now wants to come back after her PR expired

    Good to see you back on the forum Proview

     Cal x


    If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place...

    If you get a chance,take it, If it changes your life,let it. Nobody said it would be easy they just said it would be worth it...

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Create an account or sign in to comment

    You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

    Create an account

    Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

    Register a new account

    Sign in

    Already have an account? Sign in here.

    Sign In Now

    ×