AASW skills assessment processing times...!

5 hours ago, Rampa said:

My problem is the fact that I do not have work experience. Things are quite hectic in South Africa. Graduated in 2016 (Bachelor of SW with honours) and have been applying ever since without any luck. That is part of the reason why we decided to relocate. 

We lodged our EOI with my husband as the primary applicant. He is a vet and has 10 years work experience. We also applied to NSW for VISA 190 AND 489. We lodged on the 19th of Aug. We were waiting for my assessment so that he could claim points. So I got a response on the 13th of Aug, wrote an English test a few days later then got results the following day.

How long did it take before you were nominated/sponsored?  

It didn’t take long to get invited at all- it was about 4 days I think. 

Great that you can go on your husband’s skills and I guess you will be able to add 5 points for your skills too! 

Sorry to hear you have struggled to find work....I  only qualified in 2017 and have been working whilst waiting for skills assessment etc. 

Keep me posted on your progress- I’m sure you will be invited very soon- keep positive! 

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, RoisinDonnelly said:

Hi, 

just wondering - who certified your documents for the skilled assessments? I hope to send mine on Friday this week and want to ensure I have the correct person/professional signing them - many thanks 

We got a notary public, we googled one in our area 

1 minute ago, RoisinDonnelly said:

Thanks for your response - I heard people used a solicitor - has anybody else used a solicitor and it been approved? I’m just hoping to save some money as I know a few solicitors who would do it for free and a notary is quite expensive 

You can use a solicitor - some people have also used JP's.  

On 01/01/2019 at 23:45, Advsolo said:

I put in my application mid May and am anxiously awaiting a reply. Hoping it won’t be too much longer.

We also put in a skills assessment application in May. We heard in August that they were processing applications from last January, but have heard nothing since. We have emailed, but had no response. Have you heard anything more about how long it is taking? I've read elsewhere that the wait time may be up to a full year now.

I literally only posted mine yesterday - other skilled assessments are taking weeks. I wonder why there is such a back log or delay? And why are they stating in their website it is processing applications every quarter, what does that even mean? It’s one of the most expensive skilled assessment and sounds to be the longest? 

• 1 month later...