AASW skills assessment processing times...!

23 hours ago, Mr and Mrs Holmesy said:

I have received a positive skills assessment outcome- 31 weeks after lodging.

Pleased though.......!

Excellent news! Congratulations, we also got ours about 2 weeks ago! Next step EOI.

• Congratulations 1

On ‎21‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 22:34, Mr and Mrs Holmesy said:

Thank you! Yep, feels good and slightly surreal to be able to submit an EOI now....good luck to you guys too

We lodged our EOI today but at the same time our immigration agent has now said that Far South NSW are asking for 65 points not 60.... hoping July's new figures will bring better news not worse... am I being naïve?!!

On 25/06/2018 at 15:17, CVS said:

We lodged our EOI today but at the same time our immigration agent has now said that Far South NSW are asking for 65 points not 60.... hoping July's new figures will bring better news not worse... am I being naïve?!!

Yes- we were originally looking to put an EOI in for far south coast but they changed from 65 to 60 points the day after I had received my skills assessment back...! ?

I have submitted an EOI for a different region in NSW now.

I am awaiting 1st July's changes and watching from behind a cushion ?

On ‎26‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 20:29, Mr and Mrs Holmesy said:

Yes- we were originally looking to put an EOI in for far south coast but they changed from 65 to 60 points the day after I had received my skills assessment back...! ?

Great that you have another option, we don't at the moment ? … fingers are crossed!

• 4 weeks later...
On 19/06/2018 at 21:09, Mr and Mrs Holmesy said:

I have received a positive skills assessment outcome- 31 weeks after lodging.

Pleased though.......!

Congratulations! Do you mind me asking who certified your documents?

The AASW seem very specific on who it can be - justice of the peace, notary etc, and notaries seem to charge a fortune! Looking at over £300 just for certifying copies! 

Thanks in advance if anyone else has experiences, we are in London.

26 minutes ago, VJ2019 said:

Congratulations! Do you mind me asking who certified your documents?

The AASW seem very specific on who it can be - justice of the peace, notary etc, and notaries seem to charge a fortune! Looking at over £300 just for certifying copies! 

Thanks in advance if anyone else has experiences, we are in London.

I had mine done by a solicitor- and you're right it was  an expensive process!

I know on the Facebook page 'UK social workers wanting Oz' , some people have used other social workers and these have apparently been accepted. I just wanted to make sure I did everything 'by the book' as I didn't want to run the risk of it not being accepted as I was on a tight timescale. 

Good luck with it ?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all again!

we are about to submit my partners skills assessment to AASW... but don’t have job descriptions (as they don’t exist any more!).

our agent told us that the Aasw only assess for qualifications and not experience, and that immigration will assess for experience. (So we need them for the 15 points for qualification but not for the points for work experience.)

So are the job descriptions really necessary for the positive skills assessment from AASW if he has a masters of social work?

thanks ?

• 3 weeks later...
On 26/06/2018 at 20:29, Mr and Mrs Holmesy said:

ohhhh noooo...I am really sorry. This process is real nerve wrecking

Okay guys so I receive my response just a little over 30 weeks. This came on the 13th of August. IT WAS POSITIVE!!! I was also given free membership for a  full year. I was all excited and happy but I am nervous about getting a visa now. This stresses me everyday. Been applying for jobs and hoping for sponsorship. Things are a bit tighter now at the Department of Home Affairs. 

• Like 1

On 26/06/2018 at 20:29, Mr and Mrs Holmesy said:

How is the process going so far? 

On 07/08/2018 at 19:23, VJ2019 said:

Hi all again!

we are about to submit my partners skills assessment to AASW... but don’t have job descriptions (as they don’t exist any more!).

our agent told us that the Aasw only assess for qualifications and not experience, and that immigration will assess for experience. (So we need them for the 15 points for qualification but not for the points for work experience.)

So are the job descriptions really necessary for the positive skills assessment from AASW if he has a masters of social work?

thanks ?

I am not sure if I can answer this to your satisfaction. What I know is that they do assess qualification and I am not too sure about work experience. when i lodged my application I did not have any work experience. I think if your husband has social work experience post qualification then maybe that might help. Most of their information is on their site and they are very helpful via email as well. They have very friendly staff. The process will work on your patience. I got my response 30 weeks after submitting. So be very patient. Whatever they will need from you, they contact you to ensure that your application is complete before assessing it. They have some changes so I am not sure if this still applies. But that is what happened with me. Have you lodged your applications yet?

On 27/08/2018 at 20:07, Rampa said:

How is the process going so far? 

Just waiting now for visa!

Police checks uploaded and medicals done- submitted visa application on the 2nd July so in for a long wait yet. Although I think we are used to patiently waiting after the AASW processing time!

We have applied to NSW (Northern Inland) for a 489 visa. 

How is all of your things going? Have you made a start now?

On 27/08/2018 at 20:13, Rampa said:

I am not sure if I can answer this to your satisfaction. What I know is that they do assess qualification and I am not too sure about work experience. when i lodged my application I did not have any work experience. I think if your husband has social work experience post qualification then maybe that might help. Most of their information is on their site and they are very helpful via email as well. They have very friendly staff. The process will work on your patience. I got my response 30 weeks after submitting. So be very patient. Whatever they will need from you, they contact you to ensure that your application is complete before assessing it. They have some changes so I am not sure if this still applies. But that is what happened with me. Have you lodged your applications yet?

Thanks for the information! 

We sent off the skills assessment and it arrived on 13th August (so just before the cut-off date), the initial email said that all documents appear to be correct on a preliminary check.

Anticipating a 30+ week wait but hoping to be pleasantly surprised!

1 hour ago, Mr and Mrs Holmesy said:

Just waiting now for visa!

Police checks uploaded and medicals done- submitted visa application on the 2nd July so in for a long wait yet. Although I think we are used to patiently waiting after the AASW processing time!

We have applied to NSW (Northern Inland) for a 489 visa. 

How is all of your things going? Have you made a start now?

My problem is the fact that I do not have work experience. Things are quite hectic in South Africa. Graduated in 2016 (Bachelor of SW with honours) and have been applying ever since without any luck. That is part of the reason why we decided to relocate. 

We lodged our EOI with my husband as the primary applicant. He is a vet and has 10 years work experience. We also applied to NSW for VISA 190 AND 489. We lodged on the 19th of Aug. We were waiting for my assessment so that he could claim points. So I got a response on the 13th of Aug, wrote an English test a few days later then got results the following day.

How long did it take before you were nominated/sponsored?  

1 hour ago, VJ2019 said:

Thanks for the information! 

We sent off the skills assessment and it arrived on 13th August (so just before the cut-off date), the initial email said that all documents appear to be correct on a preliminary check.

Anticipating a 30+ week wait but hoping to be pleasantly surprised!

That is great news. I am hoping that you get a positive response. The 30 weeks will mos def work on your patience but you will get there. Good luck and all the best.