Where to stay for a week

North to South

Hello,

I’m visiting Adelaide for a week in October with my 12 year old daughter ahead of moving next year.  We’ve never been to Adelaide before although Aus isn’t new to us.  We want to spend the week looking at areas we could live in and also schools, but also to have some fun too.

I’d appreciate some views on where we should stay that’s close to restaurants and places we can walk too, but not ultra busy.

I know history doesn’t predict the future, but what’s the weather typically like in late October.

all help would be most welcomed.

thanks

I’d check your visit doesn’t land during the October school holidays else you’ll not be able to see schools in action. Term 4 starts Oct 15. Before that schools are closed for 2 weeks for the spring holidays.

Weather is generally decent in October. Can be mid to high 20’s. Earlier in the month may be a bit cooler. 

As I said before, Adelaide is vast and tbh a week won’t scratch the surface in terms of areas and schools.

Once you move here what will you be doing for work? What will be your expected budget for a rental be? Those things are what will probably dictate the sort of area and house you can afford or area you should be looking at. Don’t make the mistake of renting in a really pricey area just for the school if you can’t afford to stay in or around the area in the longer term. Having to move out of the area (often having to move well outside the area because of price for example) and commute to school isn’t ideal for friendships or after school stuff. Be realistic with your budget. There are plenty of good options school wise.

Feel free to drop me  PM if you would like. I’ve been here 5 years or so now and happy to meet up if I am around in the week you are over. My son is a bit younger than your daughter, he’s 10. We started off in Glenelg and now live up in the foothills. 

Area wise, maybe the CBD or Glenelg way for a weeks stay but I’d not be focusing on those areas as places to live once living here. But that depends on you ? 

• 1 month later...

we have a short term rental that may be suitable for your week in oct for yourself and your daughter. If you stay fir the week happy to offer the monthly discount. if you look on air b and b north adelaide for stanley court apartment and contact us through there if you think suitable...say you heard about us on pomz in oz for the discount. hope it helps 

cheers Wendy